Inspiration came from the Disney/Fox merger.
ViacomCBS has succeeded Viacom and CBS Corporation since 2019, and Sony Pictures Entertainment has been the owner of Columbia Pictures and TriStar since 1989. But what if ViacomCBS bought Columbia and TriStar from Sony Pictures and had them be the adopted sister companies to Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, and CBS Entertainment?
- CPT Holdings, Inc.
- TriStar Television
- If ViacomCBS will be able to buy Columbia and TriStar, they'll be able to distribute their own films again like they did back in their heydays; way before Sony Pictures Releasing took over distribution in 1995.
- If the company buys Columbia, it will have its own spun-off divisions:
- Columbia Feature Animation will be founded and the majority of Sony Pictures Animation's films that were distributed by Columbia will be moved to the studio.
- Columbia Television will be created for to have its own shows based on Columbia's franchises, and all its existing shows based said franchises will be transferred as well.
- Columbia Home Entertainment will be created for handling films distributed by Columbia and TriStar.