Uncle Grandpa: The Movie is a 2018 American animated comedy film, based on the Cartoon Network televison series, Uncle Grandpa, and the film takes place during the fifth and final season of the show, produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film features Peter Browngardt, Eric Bauza, Adam DeVine, Kevin Michael Richardson and Tom Kenny, alongside Lena Headey, Mark Hamill and Bob Joles reprising their roles from the series, featuring guest stars Andy Dick and Bill Hader, as well as Nancy Cartwright, Patrick Warburton and Julie Kavner, and John DiMaggio will also be in the film. In theaters, a Gumball short entitled Gumball's First Date was shown prior to the film.
The film was supposed to be a made-for-television movie, but became theatrical instead. The film was released in the United States on November 23, 2018 in 3D and RealD 3D. The film received average reviews from critics for its voice performances, score, and mediocre humor. Although, the film was a box-office success, grossing over $30 million worldwide against a $8 million budget.
Uncle Grandpa hits the big screen for his great adventure. After a series of meaningless but amazing adventures, after his friends and the people of the city are kidnapped by evil troll named Martin Trollface and ends up in his home were he Meets the king of his hometown and his belived to dead long lost mother he lost 22 years ago as a baby Uncle grandpa has 3 days before he can rescue his friends And home city from Going out of existence Will he make it just on time?
Uncle Grandpa becomes a hero for helping all the kids in the world, with his meaningless adventures. Meanwhile, in a far away land, a dark tower that lives a troll named Martin Trollface, who plans to release a robot of trolls to get revenge on uncle grandpa and his friends for king grandpa sending him to the dark place after taking lifes of the grandpa family including uncle grandpa's own mother so can take over the world and show uncle grandpa what feel like living in the darkness so he makes a weapon to destroy uncle grandpa and his friends and capture the ones he likes so Martin Trollface begins to capture uncle grandpa's friends and the kides &the people in his world so Martin Trollface has kicked uncle grandpa out of the city so uncle grandpa has to find a way to get in the city to stop Martin Trollface and save his friends and the world from creating a black hole to his world He has 3 days Before it's too late and Martin Trollface's minions spotted uncle grandpa seeking in the city by the Martin Trollface's camera's so he sent his one of his minions to bring uncle grandpa to him so he can see Martin Trollface has his friends near the the black hole so he could destroy uncle grandpa once and for all by fighting him near a waterfall so he can destroy uncle grandpa by push down the waterfall but uncle grandpa soon escapes before he can does he punched uncle grandpa half to death then he was going stab uncle grandpa then push uncle grandpa down the waterfall before he was going to he escapes to a land not knowin at all he soon meets uncle "king" grandpa and is welcomed to the world of grandpamana were grandpas has helped kids for centuries uncle grandpa hangs out and ask the king about if he seen his friends the pepole but most importantly his mom but the king says she is dead but later on he finds his mom in a cave and finds out she was in there for 22 years with her pet Giant Realistic Flyingm lion they go to to the royal grandpa kingdom so they can find out how they will save his friends and the city from martin Trollface from running the city with his black hole ray so they ride Giant Realisitic Flying lion but soon they get kidnapped by his minions. Martin Trollface says ( I have you now uncle grandpa and now you and everyone will vanish) he plans on stabing uncle grandpa but mom gets stab instead of uncle grandpa then uncle grandpa looked at Mr. Gus and uncle grandpa said NOOOO! MOM NO! then Martin Trollface said (NO! you and your stupid friends crying because your mom is in my way of destroying uncle grandpa ) then uncle grandpa said (Martin Trollface you hurt one of my friends and family why are you doing this) (IT'S BECAUSE THAT YOU'RE DAD SEND ME TO A PRISON TOWER THAT'S WHY OKAY NO MORE TALKING I WILL KILL YOU ONCE AND FOR ALLLLL!) Uncle grandpa looks at king grandpa and ask if he is his dad and says yes and Uncle king grandpa said (SO IT'S A FIGHT YOU WANT SO BE IT BRING IT ON! MARTIN TROLLFACE) and the fight begins uncle King grandpa vs Martin Trollface to save his mom from Martin Trollface and uncle grandpa fights however mr gus decided to destroy Trollface to the death and he won by stealing a magic wand that turned Martin Trollface and lenny turn into rocks that uncle grandpa kicks and says (THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR TRYING TO DESTROY MY LIFE!). Then Pizza Steve picks up the ray and he and his minions disappeared uncle grandpa says ( Mr. Gus thank you and were okay) Uncle grandpa falls to the floor (UNCLE GRANDPA!) MR. Gus helps uncle grandpa up UNCLE GRANDPA SAYS (I'm okay MR. Gus thank you for saving me) MR. GUS SAYS ( your welcome uncle grandpa) but uncle grandpa's mom starts dying uncle grandpa runs over and says (MOM ARE YOU OK ? ) she's says yes I'm ok but its time for me to go mom please don't go he said goodbye son I love you uncle grandpa had a tear come and gave him her pearl necklace she had when he was a kid soon Martin Trollface's black hole disappears from uncle grandpa's home world so uncle grandpa become the hero of his hometown and the city he lives in and they put a stachel of him and his friends and his Rv so he became a true hero of his hometown and residence by defeating Martin Trollface and so that's how he became a true hero once and for all and Giant Realisitic Flying Tiger and lion have a male liger and 2 female tigon cubs and his dad names him sir prince uncle grandpa The End Is where they then take a picture To go down and Uncle grandpa history And then goes black end credits The End.
- Peter Browngardt as Uncle Grandpa,
- Eric Bauza as Belly Bag
- Adam DeVine as Pizza Steve
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Gus
- Tom Kenny as Tiny Miracle
- Andy Dick as Martin Trollface
- Bill Hader as Lenny Trollface
- Nancy Cartwright as Lady-Bot King grandpa's Robotic assistant Who at the end becomes tiny miracle girlfriend
- Mark Hamill as Frankenstein
- Patrick Warburton as Uncle "King" Grandpa the king of grandpamana He later revealed to be his dad
- Bradley Cooper as Mega bag Uncle king grandpa's Belly bag
- Julie Kavner as Fishhead A young fish maid Of the main antagonists Martin Trollface who becomes a good guy at the end
- John DiMaggio as Safety Guard
- Dee Bradley Baker as Giant Realistic Flying Tiger, Giant realistic flying lion, Uncle Grandpa's sheep (uncredited)
- Diana Ross as mother Grandpa
- Sunny Sandler as Uncle Grandpa ( as young)
On January 22, 2018, it was announced that there will be an Uncle Grandpa animated feature being developed at Warner Bros. and its release date of November 23, 2018 was also announced, with the show's cast members reprising their roles. Cartoon Network Studios will also be involved with production. Peter Browngardt, who created the show, is directing and executive producing the film and Dwayne Johnson, also known by his ring name The Rock, is going to be screenwriting the film. A month later, the film's title and teaser poster debuted, and it was announced that Andy Dick and Bill Hader had joined the cast. The film marks the fifteenth time a theatrical Cartoon Network film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, instead of Warner Animation Group since the group's formation in 2013.
On July 9, 2018, it was announced that comedian Nancy Cartwright, actor and voice artist Patrick Warburton, and comedian Julie Kavner were part of the cast, as the new characters Lady-Bot, Uncle "King" Grandpa and Fishhead, respectively, with Lena Headey, Mark Hamill and Bob Joles revealed to reprise their roles as Aunt Grandma, Frankenstein and Santa Claus the same day. John DiMaggio was announced to voice the Safety Guard in the film.
On March 11th 2019 it was announced they were going to make a sequel Slated for August 14th 2020 but was re scheduled to April 22nd 2021 Due to Coronavirus
On August 26th 2020 It was announced the film was gonna be called Uncle grandpa the sequel : Magical voyage And would air on Cartoon Network instead of in theatres
Uncle Grandpa: The Movie is Rated PG for Parental Guidance.
For rude humor
The film was released in theaters on October 7, 2018 in France and UK followed by its release in Philippines on October 12, November 12 2018 for LA premiere concluding with its US release on November 23 and December 19 in Japan. The film was presented in a 1.85:1 format, rather than Warner Animation Group's standard 2.39:1 format on its previous titles. The film's theatrical release was also preceded by Gumball's First Date, a short film based on Cartoon Network's animated television series The Amazing World of Gumball.
The teaser trailer was released on March 23, 2018, posted on the Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Pictures YouTube channels. A second teaser trailer was released on July 6, 2018. Twelve sets based on events from the TV series, including a series of Blind Bag figures (consisting of Uncle Grandpa, Belly Bag, Mr. Gus, Pizza Steve and Giant Realisitic Flying Tiger) from K'NEX and two Kubros of Uncle Grandpa and Belly Bag from Mega Construx were released for the film. On October 5, 2018, promotional tie-ins on Cartoon Network consist of bumpers with Uncle Grandpa, Belly Bag, Mr. Gus, Pizza Steve and Giant Realisitic Flying Tiger in a movie theater announcing the film. In addition, they host the entire line-up, in intermissions between commercial break even having world premiere commercial of the characters from the movie at the premiere for Cartoon Network the third and final teaser trailer was released on October 19 2018 .
Uncle Grandpa: The Movie was released on Digital on February 5th 2019 and DVD and Blu-ray on March 5th 2019. One of the special features includes a Gumball short film Gumball's First Date, the 18-minute featurette, a behind-the-scenes look at Uncle Grandpa: The Movie, featuring interviews with most of the principal cast and crew, animatics and deleted scenes, and the pilot episode, the audio commentaries and a sneak peek of OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.
Review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 76% approval rating based on the 123 reviews, and its average rating is 5.8/10. The critical consensus reads, "The very cheery Uncle Grandpa manages to receive a feature film with talented cast members, but some think it should have been a TV movie and it plays like an extended episode, but it was still a fun movie." Metacritic, assigns the film a score of 59 out of 100, based on 27 critics, indicating "mixed-or-average reviews". CinemaScore gives the film a "B+" on its A+ to F scale.
- "Good Morning (All Night Long)" - Peter Browngardt Patrick Warburton
- Ain't no Mountain high enough-Diana Ross
- "Good Morning (End Credits Version)" - Pitbull (feat. Fall Out Boy Diana Ross Junior)
- Mama used to say -Junior
- This is the first ever feature film of the series.
- This is the first animated Uncle Grandpa movie to hit theaters.
- The movie will be Rated PG.
- Uncle Grandpa breaks the 4th wall in the movie when he told himself that he's going to do what he want.
- The screen at the end of the movie says in loving memory of everyone who had been eaten by Ham Sandwich
- This is Cartoon Network's third theatrical film. The first being The Powerpuff Girls Movie and the second being Regular Show: The Movie.
- The original cast reprised their roles in the movie.
- This is the next theatrical 2D animated movie in 20 years after Quest for Camelot (1998) and 19 years after The Iron Giant (1999).
- This marks as Warner Bros.' next 2D animated theatrical film. Warner Bros. had its original feature animation division, which produced 2D animated films.
- This is Warner Bros.' ninteenth traditionally animated film to be released theatrically, after ''Clifford's Really Big Movie'' released 14 years prior.
- Before the movie, a short film called "Gumball's First Date" based on Cartoon Network's animated television series The Amazing World of Gumball was played.
- This is the thirteenth theatrical Warner Bros. film to rely solely on traditional hand-drawn animation mixed with CGI animation instead of Flash animation.
- This is Warner Animation Group's ninteenth traditionally animated film.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Julie Kavner and Nancy Cartwright. Their first was "The Simpsons Movie" released 11 years prior.
- Althrough Martin and Lenny are the antagonists of the movie, they are still seeking Uncle Grandpa's mustache and destroying his RV as revenge for being send to the dark place.
- Angry Grandpa is the hidden true main antagonist, because he has behind the plot.
- This film is not canon to any of the programs represented in it.
- This was the first animated movie role that famous singer diana ross stared in However this would not be the 1st ever animated movie she Was in a movie called the land before time
- In honour of Peter Browngardts birthday A marathon of Uncle grandpa of all episodes And the The movie was released on Cartoon Network on August 12, 2020
- Main article: Uncle Grandpa: The Movie/Transcript
- Main article: [[Uncle Grandpa: The Movie/Trailer transcript
Narrator : in a world were one man is gonna save all humanity from evil one man who will change the world and man is ......... uncle Grandpa?
- Uncle Grandpa appears in a white screen *
Uncle grandpa : yup thats me
Mr gus : wait hold on were getting a movie?
Pizza Steve: oh yeah pizza steve in action
Belly bag : it's about uncle grandpa steve
Pizza Steve: oh man will I be in it
Narrater : all of you be in it.
Uncle Grandpa and friends : oh yeah!
Narrator: OK were was oh yes
- The logo pops up*
Narrator: Uncle Grandpa the movie!
Uncle grandpa: oh goody so when will it be released
Narrator: in theaters November 23th
Uncle grandpa: oh boy I can't wait!
Narrator: ok uncle grandpa you're gonna have to wait until November 23
Uncle grandpa: ok fine
- Main article: Uncle Grandpa: The Movie/Credits