Orson is a pig living on a farm with his friends, arrogant yet gold-hearted Roy Rooster, scaredy cat duck Wade, adventurous chick Booker, sentient egg Sheldon, sheep siblings Bo and Lanolin, and kitten-puppy duo Cody and Blue. Orson finds his life perfect... or so he thinks. When he sees old photos of him as a young piglet with his parents Richard and Lara, he suddenly remembers them as they have moved to a different farm from far, far, far away, and, determined to see them again for a heartwarming reunion, gathers himself and his friends to prepare for the long journey awaiting.
- Justin Timberlake as Orson Pig, the film's main protagonist who is a pig.
- Will Ferrell as Roy Rooster, a rooster who sometimes serves as an irritant to the gang. As in his incarnation in Garfield and Friends, he has his moments of sympathy.
- James Marsden as Wade Duck, a cowardly duck who wears a floatie with an identical head that copies his every expression.
- Noah Schnapp as Booker, an adventurous chick who tries and fails to catch earthworms.
- Alex Garfin as Sheldon, Booker's brother who refuses to hatch.
- Kevin Hart as Bo, a sheep and Lanolin's brother.
- Anna Kendrick as Lanolin, a sheep and Bo's sister.
- Jason Drucker as Cody, a mischievous puppy.
- Selena Gomez as Blue, a kitten who tries to control the antics of her puppy friend Cody.
- John Sparkes as Richard, Orson's British-accented father.
- Phyllis Smith as Lara, Orson's mother.
- Danny McBride as TBD, the main antagonist
- Kelsey Grammer as The Weasel
- The earthworms in this film are portrayed as regular, non-anthropomorphic earthworms, compared to the ones in the comic that are anthropomorphic and talk.
- This is James Marsden's second role in an Illumination Entertainment film, the first being Hop.
- Illumination logo sequence: Kevin is seen sleeping, then Roy appears and plays his trumpet to wake him up. Kevin gets annoyed at this and chases Roy off.