Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem (also simply known as Looney Mayhem) is a 2017 American traditionally animated crossover adventure comedy film mixed with CGI, written and directed by Jacob S. Lee, produced by Tom Ruegger, Deanna Oliver and Sherri Stoner, and was executively produced by Steven Spielberg and Barry Sonnenfeld. The sixth film in the Warner Bros. Cinematic Looniverse, the film is based on the television series Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. The film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film takes place after the previous films Tiny Toon Adventures The Motion Picture and The Animaniacs Movie.
The film features the voices of John Kassir, Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell, Tress MacNeille, Jeff Bergman, J.K. Simmons, Jason Marsden, Billy West, Kath Soucie, Gail Matthius, Sherri Stoner, Olivia Munn and Frank Welker. The film is set to theatrically release in movie theaters on January 20, 2017 in the United States, by Warner Bros.
Whether you're a human being or a anthropomorphic cartoon character, everyone has to go to school, right? Well, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot are no exception. Everyday, they go to school to get an education just like normal kids. But because of the many years they spent locked in the WB water tower, the one thing Miss Flamiel can't give them is a Diploma of Lunacy. That means they can't become full-fledged cartoon characters! Fortunately, Bugs Bunny convinces Mr. Plotz to send them at ACME Looniversity in Acme Acres, Missouri. Former students Buster and Babs Bunny—no relation—have to supervise, but it proves to be difficult as the Warners usually play by their own rules. To make matters worse, the Tiny Toons' old rivals at Perfecto Prep would rather see ACME Loo crumble as a result of all the chaos.
- John Kassir as Buster Bunny
- Rob Paulsen as Yakko Warner, Dr. Otto Scratchansniff
- Jess Harnell as Wakko Warner
- Tress MacNeille as Dot Warner, Babs Bunny, Hello Nurse and Miss Flamiel
- Jeff Bergman as Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck
- J.K. Simmons as Principal of Perfecto Prep
- Jason Marsden as Plucky Duck
- Billy West as Hamton J. Pig
- Kath Soucie as Fifi La Fume
- Gail Matthius as Shirley the Loon
- Sherri Stoner as Slappy Squirrel
- Olivia Munn as Skippy Squirrel
- Frank Welker as Chicken Boo, Thaddeus Plotz, Ralph T. Guard
Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem is Rated PG for Parental Guidance.
The teaser trailer releases on October 7, 2016, posted on the Warner Bros. Pictures YouTube channels. A second teaser trailer will release on November 18, 2016. McDonalds is to release Happy Meal toys to promote the film. On December 9, 2016, promotional tie-ins on every channel consist of bumpers with Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, Plucky Duck, Yakko Warner, Wakko Warner and Dot Warner in a movie theater announcing the film. In addition, they host the entire line-up, in intermissions between commercial break.
The movie will be released in the United States on January 20, 2017. The film's theatrical release will be preceded by Party Pinky, a short film based on the classic animated series Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain.
Home media release
The film was released on Digital on April 4 and Blu-Ray and DVD on April 25, 2017. It contains the deleted scenes, a Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain short film Party Pinky, the 18-minute featurette, a behind-the-scenes look at Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem, featuring interviews with most of the principal cast and crew, animatics, two pilot episodes from the animated television shows, the audio commentaries and a sneak peek of Battle on the Warner Lot.
- The film is considered a sequel to Tiny Toon Adventures The Motion Picture and The Animaniacs Movie.
- This is the first Animaniacs film to receive a PG rating for action and some rude humor.
- It is revealed that Bugs Bunny knows Slappy Squirrel.
- Some new characters are introduced at ACME Looniversity. The reason for this is that the well-known Tiny Toon Adventures characters have already graduated in Tiny Toon Adventures The Motion Picture.
- There is a mid-credits scene where Buster and Babs decide to “get the band back together”, setting up the plot of the next film.
- Main article: Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem (2017)/Transcript
- Main article: Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem (2017)/Trailer transcripts
- Main article: Tiny Toons/Animaniacs: Looney Mayhem (2017)/Credits