His other stage work includes various roles in the original West End production of Hair, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in the 1980 Broadway production of Amadeus, the Pirate King in the 1982 West End production of The Pirates of Penzance, Alan Swann in the Broadway production of My Favourite Year and King Arthur in Broadway and West End productions of Spamalot from 2005 to 2007. He also recieved a nomination for an Oscar for his outstanding performance in the cult film "Con Air" where he played the eccentric yet jumpy criminal "Panic Attack Tommy". Curry garnered further acclaim for his film and television roles, including as Rooster Hannigan in the 1982 film adaptation of Annie, as Darkness in the 1985 fantasy film Legend, as Wadsworth in the mystery comedy film Clue and as Pennywise in the horror miniseries It.
Curry has also gained acclaim as a voice actor. His roles in animation include Hexxus in the 1992 fantasy film FernGully: The Last Rainforest, Captain Hook on Peter Pan & the Pirates, Nigel Thornberry on the television series The Wild Thornberrys, and Darth Sidious on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Sanches Manchas - The Future
- Additional voices - Oliver (1988 film)
- Texas Pete (singing) and Additional voices - Oliver the Giant Kitten
- Additional voices - I Wanted a Black Cat
- Supreme Leader of the Evil Doughnuts - The Good Guys
- Additional voices - Oliver Likes a Snow
- Additional voices - Oliver's Christmas Carol
- Additional voices - Flik the Blue Ant
- Nigel Thornberry - The New Adventures of The Wild Thornberrys
- Colonel Wilson - Ed, Edd n Eddy the Movie: The Ed-Touchables