Series 25 of Thomas & Friends is slated to air in Fall 2021.
In 2020, Mattel Television announced a new co-production partnership with Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana Studio. 104 11-minute episodes and two 60-minute specials were greenlit for the “Thomas & Friends” television series over two seasons. The new format will feature "a new look and story structure", original songs and Thomas as the lead character of every episode.
According to executive producer Christopher Keenan, the series will be 2D-animated, allowing the crew to cater to contemporary audiences and introduce more physicality and expressiveness in the characters.
- Sir Topham Hatt
Rebecca, Edward, Henry, Toby, Duck, Oliver, Daisy, Rosie, Annie, Clarabel, Henrietta, Paxton, Harvey, Belle, Harold, Rocky, Flynn, Butch, Bill, Ben, Stanley, Flying Scotsman, Terence, Bertie, Bulgy, Salty, and Porter will all likely to appear.
- Johnathan Jaivarn as Thomas
- This is the first series of a few things:
- The first series animated exclusively in 2D by Nelvana Studio.
- The first series in which drivers and firemen are not present.
- The first series to have no narration.
- The first series in which where Carly is an engine rather than a crane.
- This series and Series 26 have the most episodes for any series thus far, at 52. The previous longest series, Series 10 and Series 20, had 28 episodes each.