The Terminator is a 2025 science-fiction/action/horror film remake of the 1984 film of the same name and the 3rd reboot (7th overall installment) of the Terminator film series, following Genisys, and Dark Fate.
In 2038, a rogue defense system S.K.Y.N.E.T. (full name currently unknown) launched a nuclear strike against the world, leading to a battle between humans and machines called Terminators.
By the year 2070, the human resistance, led by John Connor, has crushed S.K.Y.N.E.T., taking back their home; however, their victory is short lived, as they quickly discover that a Terminator had been sent back in year 2025 to kill John's mother, Sarah, before John's birth. Now, a human soldier named Kyle Reese must now go back to the same year to protect the mother of the future.
- JC-84 (Jason Statham): A Terminator sent back in time to the year 2025 to terminate Sarah Connor in the hopes of preventing John's birth and ensuring S.K.Y.N.E.T.'s victory. Unlike the other Terminators, the JC-84 is able to traverse without the need a wearing skin; however, it murders a human and wraps their skin around its endoskeleton around to disguise itself. It is also very athletic, using fighting moves in addition to weaponry when fighting its opponents.
- Jason Statham also protrays the human that the JC-84 kills to steal his human skin.
- The JC-84 is named after James Cameron, the director of the original film, who serves as executive producer for the remake; the number 84 references the year the original Terminator movie premiered, 1984.
- Kyle Reese: A member of the human resistance who is sent back to protect John Connor's mother, Sarah. Unlike the original film, Kyle does NOT become the father of John, but DOES fall in love with Sarah
- Sarah Connor: A teenage girl who, unbeknownst to her at the time, would become the mother to John Connor, the future leader of the human resistance who stands-up against S.K.Y.N.E.T. Unlike the original film, Sarah is already pregnant with John, but falls in love with Kyle after the murder of her fiancée.
- John Connor: The future leader of the human resistance. Unlike the original film, John DOES make appearances in the remake, but only in Kyle Reese's flashbacks.
- T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger): A reprogrammed Terminator. The T-800 appears in a mid-credits where it was sent back in time by the resistance to protect Sarah and John from other potential Terminators; this is intended to lead to future sequels (if the remake is successful enough).