The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol is an American computer/traditionally animated short film based on The Smurfs comic book series created by the Belgian comics artist Peyo. The animated short was written by Todd Berger and directed by Troy Quane, and it stars the voices of George Lopez, Jack Angel, Melissa Sturm, Fred Armisen, Gary Basaraba, Anton Yelchin and Hank Azaria. The film was produced by Sony Pictures Animation with the animation by Sony Pictures Imageworks and Duck Studios. The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol was released on DVD on December 2, 2011, attached to The Smurfs film.
The short is an adaptation of Charles Dickens' novel A Christmas Carol. When Grouchy Smurf behaves badly to everyone and refuses to celebrate Christmas, the Smurfs of Christmas Past, Present, and Future teach him to appreciate Christmas.
- George Lopez as Grouchy Smurf (Ebenezer Scrooge)
- Jack Angel as Papa Smurf
- Melissa Sturm as Smurfette and the Smurf of Christmas Past
- Fred Armisen as Brainy Smurf and the Smurf of Christmas Present
- Gary Basaraba as Hefty Smurf and the Smurf of Christmas Future
- Anton Yelchin as Clumsy Smurf
- Hank Azaria as Gargamel