The Sea Legend is an American adventure-fantasy video game series created by George Van Moore, being developed by Traveller's Tales and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment since May 7th, 2013.
The series follows a mermaid who found a sacred trident that was lost in a coral reef and learns that it handles ancient powers that allows her to control the water, using it to protect Neohydratica from any kind of threats.
- The Sea Legend (2013)
- The Sea Legend: Octotack (2015)
- The Sea Legend: Despayre (2017)
- The Sea Legend: Reign of the Leviathan (2019)
- TBD (2021)
- Violet (voiced by Lara Jill Miller) - a rebellious mermaid with an affinity for extreme sports who becomes the protector of Neohydratica while dealing with several threats to its safety.
- Aurora (voiced by Hynden Walch) - Violet's ditzy best friend who shares a close bond with her and often gets into deep water due to her naïvety, being often rescued by Violet whenever that happens.
- Crystal (voiced by Cree Summer) - a sassy mermaid who is Violet's other best friend and often makes sarcastic remarks about her friends' adventures.
- Ezekial (voiced by Jason Spisak) - an athletic merman who Violet has a crush on and is known for his cool attitude and occasionally aids her to solve any problem she finds out.
- Coral (voiced by Susanne Blakeslee) - Violet's overprotective mother who cares for her safety and often tries to keep her daughter out of danger.
- Jim and Joan (voiced by Michael Rosenbaum and Olivia Olson, respectively) - two clumsy but well-meaning merpeople who work as detectives to investigate any type of menace, even if they fail.
- Princess Mermani (voiced by Olivia Hack) - the friendly princess of Neohydratica who is aware of Violet's ownership of the trident and knights her in order to protect Neohydratica.
- Gil (voiced by Dante Basco) - a rather cocky teenage merman who TBD.
- Black Waist (voiced by Jessica DiCicco) - a feisty and TBD pirate mermaid who initially was considered a rival to Violet but soon learns that she TBD.
- Thea (voiced by Tara Strong) - a vile and seductive merwitch who aims to use an army of corrupted merpeople and sea monsters to take control of Neohydratica.
- Indigo (voiced by Kath Soucie) - Thea's strong but rather airheaded henchgirl who tries her best to help out her boss, even though she often makes mistakes like leaving doors unlocked. Despite this, she is highly valued by her.
- Crimson (also voiced by Lara Jill Miller) - a TBD clone of Violet made out of dust who is given a staff that can control sea life by Thea and is TBD.
- Octavius (voiced by J.K. Simmons) - a somewhat humble octoman who is forced to help Thea take over Neohydratica due to a threat of murder of his people. He ends up dying at the end of the second game.
- Queen Despayre (voiced by Cristina Pucelli) - the TBD queen of Atlantis who wants to turn Neohydratica into a part of Atlantis and wants to turn Violet into her TBD.
- The Leviathan (vocal effects by Fred Tatasciore) - a powerful psychic monster who can control minds and plans to take over TBD.
- Luna/The Savior (voiced by Susan Eisenberg) - TBD
In other media
- The series is positively compared to the Sonic game series.
- The series has the unique gameplay of being able to move around up, down, left and right with several puzzles and bosses focusing on this ability.
- It is confirmed that Thea and Indigo indeed have a relationship going on.
- Air and water has switched roles in this universe.