Crocodile for a Mom is the seventh episode of the first season of The New Adventures of The Wild Thornberrys.
While filming Hippos in Western Tanzania, Eliza, Darwin, and Irwin gets accidentally washed downstream and get lost. Along the way they meet a mother Nile crocodile named Manda who is looking for one her babies, Kev and asks she could join the search for him. Eliza is unsure, but she is desperate, and she has heard that Crocodile are not too bad at parental care, and accepts. It turns out that it was a good idea, as Manda's a pretty good mother. However, a Spotted Hyena is stalking Kev, and a Hippo wants revenge for a crime Eliza never committed.
- Lacey Chabert as Eliza Thornberry
- Tom Kane as Darwin
- Jason David Frank as Buck
- Flea as Donnie
- Danielle Harris as Debbie Thornberry
- Tim Curry as Nigel Thornberry
- Jodi Carlisle as Marianne Thornberry
- Eddie Murphy as Morris Kyengo: A biologist specializing in hippos. He and his partner Will Carr-Hartley are studying the hippo population and the animals ability to communicate underwater.
- Queen Latifah as Manda: A mother nile crocodile who meets Eliza, Darwin, and Irwin and adopts them. She takes good care of her young, and it's implied she has been through what Eliza's going through, due to her saying "I know what it's like being adopted by your enemy....".
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Kev: Manda's missing baby
- Charlie Adler as Mungo: A spotted hyena who is after Manda's babies and plans to kill Eliza if he has the chance. However, he is injured and is forced into hiding to recover from the Injuries by Tusker.
- Richard Kiel as Tusker: A Hippo who blames Eliza for stabbing him in the legs, when it was really another hippo by accident, and wants revenge. However, he is forced to back down after Manda severly wounds him.
Animals Featured in this Episode
- African Buffalo
- Blue Wildebeest
- Cape Baboon
- Greater Flamingo
- Greater Kudu
- Grey Crowned Crane
- Nile Crocodile
- Plains Zebra
- Reticulated Giraffe
- Spotted Hyena
- Thomson's Gazelle
- White Rhinoceros
- Mungo is a parody of Wile E. Coyote.