The Legend of Zelda: Link's Odyssey is a Japanese-American fantasy-adventure video game, being an installment of the The Legend of Zelda series. It is developed by Nintendo EPD and published by Nintendo, being released for Nintendo Rev on October 9th, 2021.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Characters
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Missions
- 5 Full plot
- 6 Areas
- 7 Weapons
- 8 Trivia
Set in the realm of Hyrule, a mercenary known as Link is hired by Princess Zelda of Hyrule to locate the mysterious Triforce of Courage before the sinister Gerudo King, Ganondorf, locates it and steals the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda to bring back his ancient ancestor, the Gerudo god of chaos, Ganon.
- Link (voiced by Xander Mobus) - a mercenary who is hired by Princess Zelda to hunt down the Triforce of Courage in order to prevent Ganondorf from becoming the entity called Ganon.
- Princess Zelda (voiced by Colleen Villard) - the princess of Hyrule who hired Link to find the Triforce of Courage before Ganondorf uses it and the Triforce of Wisdom to summon Ganon.
- Impa (voiced by Erica Lindbeck) - Zelda's bodyguard who is TBD.
- Malon (voiced by Caitlin Glass) - Link's partner in the mercenary business who is helping him mainly to get the money reward attached to getting the Triforce of Courage.
- The Great Deku Tree (voiced by TBD) - TBD
- Ganondorf Dragmire/Ganon (voiced by DC Douglas) - the king of the Gerudos who plots to find the pieces of the Triforce in order to transform himself into the powerful and deadly Gerudo god of chaos, Ganon.
- Igos du Ikana (voiced by TBD) - a skeletal former king who rules a haunted castle and guards a clue to the location of the Triforce of Courage.
- Majora (voiced by TBD and TBD fused) - a powerful being who is stuck inside of a mask and is TBD.
- Gerudo - common non-monster enemies who are female warriors who sold their allegiance to their king Ganondorf and aid him in his quest for the Triforce.
- Bokoblin - small goblin-like monsters who are common enemies and are very hostile yet not that intelligent at all.
- Moblin - more powerful Moblins who are extremely dumb yet are extremely strong being feared throughout Hyrule.
- Lizalfos - TBD
- Octoroks - TBD
- Stalfos - TBD
- Lynels - TBD
- Wizzrobes - TBD
- Iron Knuckles - living suite of armor that are hostile and attack anyone that they see in their sights.
- ReDead - TBD
- River Zora - monstrous frog-like creatures who live in the rivers and assault anyone who comes near them or their homes.
The game is designed to be a large open world game with the emphasis on giving you various things you can do. There are various tasks you can do including story missions, side missions, favors, enemy camps, Hylian Towers and monster contracts. Main and side missions are as you expect, favors are very small things you can do for money and exp including cleaning a house or finding a certain item, enemy camps are bases that various types of enemies hide out in, Hylian Towers are giant towers usually guarded by some sort of enemies or natural obstacles that give you more of the map and monster contracts are missions that force you to hunt down a buffed enemy for cash and experience. The game ditches the stamina and weapon breaking mechanic for various purchasable or findable weapons and armor that can give Link boosts as some require a certain level to wear.
Link Kills Malon
Link Kills Ganon
Link Doesn't Kill Ganon
Link Kills Zelda
Link Kills Ganon
Link Doesn't Kill Ganon
- Hyrule Castle
- Death Mountain
- Dull Sword
- The Master Sword
- The choice to make Link speak was to have a more dialogue-driven story and to give Link a personality.
- The game makes a few references to other Zelda games and even some non-Zelda franchises:
- Link's Awakening and Breath of the Wild are the names of two story missions in the game.
- There is a side-mission involving Majora's Mask.
- One monster contract involves hunting down a giant purple Lizalfo nicknamed Ridley, being a reference to the villain of the Metroid series.