The Bob and Larry Movie is a live-action/computer-animated musical comedy-adventure Christian film directed by Tim Hodge, produced by Big Idea Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, and Universal Animation, and distributed by Universal Studios. Based on the award-winning VeggieTales series, the film takes place in the early 90's and focuses on Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber creating a Christian show for children of all ages to enjoy. The film stars the voices of Phil Vischer, Mike Nawrocki, and more of the original voice cast. It will be released on June 9, 2022.
It's the early 90's and kids everywhere are watching some of the best cartoons of the era. Some cartoons teach lessons, while others are just completely random. But very few shows out there focus on Christian values. Longtime best friends Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber believes that more shows like that should exist, even if they have to make it themselves. They build their own studio and hold auditions for their new series, VeggieTales! Fruits and veggies of all kinds take part in this massive project. However, some big-time executives believe the idea is unnecessary and completely repulsive. Join Bob and Larry as they prove to the world that you can have a show with Sunday morning values and Saturday morning fun!
- Phil Vischer as himself
- Mike Nawrocki as himself
- Jon Lovitz as Bob the Tomato and Mr. Lunt
- Phil Vischer as Prince Alexander, Jimmy Gourd, Philippe Pea, additional voices
- Bob Scott as Archibald Asparagus
- Phil Hartman as Goliath the Giant Pickle and Pa Grape
- Mike Nawrocki as Jerry Gourd, Jean-Claude Pea, additional voices
- Neil Patrick Harris as Larry the Cucumber
- Noah Johnston as Junior Asparagus
- Lisa Vischer as Princess Eloise and Mom Asparagus
- Dan Anderson as Dad Asparagus
- Kristen Blegen as Laura Carrot
- Ken Page as Mr. Nezzer
- Ron Wells as Zidgel
- Cam Clarke a The King
- The film was originally planned sometime after the release of Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, but was cancelled due to bankruptcy.
- This film serves as a revival of the original series.
- The film uses the original designs for the VeggieTales characters.
- Mr. Nezzer is voiced by Ken Page, who voiced Oogie Boogie in The Nightmare Before Christmas. This is partially due to the fact that his voice was inspired by that of Oogie Boogie.
- Zidgel from another Big Idea program, 3-2-1 Penguins!, make an appearance near the end of the film.