The Adventures of Tammy Sawyer is an American 3D computer-animated comedy adventure film released and distributed by Dreamworks Animation and Illumination Entertainment. The film is a modern, gender-swapped take on "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn".
Tammy K. Sawyer and Carrie Finn, the great-great granddaughters of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, are best friends who live in St. Louis, Missouri. Both girls are tomboys and carefree slackers and love causing mischief and going on crazy adventures.
- Tamara Karen "Tammy" Sawyer - The main protagonist of the film and the great-great granddaughter of Tom Sawyer. Tammy is a cunning and playful girl with a tendency to cause mischief. She loves to go on adventures and wants to become a champion roller skater. She falls in love with her classmate, Billy. Tammy is imaginative and obsessed with stories. Despite her mischief, Tammy is good-hearted and has a strong moral code as well.
- Carrie Finn - The second protagonist and the great-great granddaughter of Huck Finn. Carrie is Tammy's best friend who enjoys riding her skateboard.
- Joanne "Injurin' Jo" Chambers- The main antagonist of the film, and possibly a descendant of Injun Joe. Joanne is a roller derby champion
- Billy Jackson - A new boy in town and Tammy's love interest.
- Josie Hartford
- Paul Saunders - Tammy's uncle. He often scolds Tammy when she gets in trouble, but is otherise a kind-hearted person.
- Alex Lane - Tammy's ex-boyfriend and Billy's rival.
- Jon Finn - Carrie's irresponsible father.
- Brenda Roberts - A girl who Tammy tricks into spray-painting a neighbor's house.
- Martin Sawyer - Tammy's cousin. He wants Tammy to act more civil and polite.
- Sienna Sawyer - Tammy's younger half-sister.
- Mr. Denton - An English teacher at Fairview Middle School.
- Linda Hartford - Josie's mother.
- Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor by Ludwig Van Beethoven - The film's introductory scene
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Miley Cyrus - the song that plays in the opening credits
- Firework by Katy Perry -
- Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson