Suicide Squad 2 is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics antihero team of the same name. The film is written and directed by Gavin O’Connor and stars Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Adewale Akinnuoye-Abgaje, Jai Courtney, and Karen Fuhkahara. After the events of the first film, the remaining squad memebers are tasked to take back Harley Quinn after she is rescued by the Joker, all the while Harley Quinn realizes her true purpose to the squad and tries to hatch her own escape.
After criticism for the first film having lack of character development, the film focuses on characters development such as Killer Croc, Katana, and Boomerang (specifically Killer Croc). Character relationships are also explored in the film, a relationship between Harley Quinn and Killer Croc is explored, along with Boomerang and Katana.
Immediately after the events of the first film, Deadshot, with the help of Flag, assemble Killer Croc, Boomerang, Katana, and June to help bring Harley Quinn back and rescue Amanda Waller from the Joker.
- Will Smith as Floyd Lawton/Deadshot, an expert marksman and assassin, he is a mercenary but also a concerned father.
- Jared Leto as The Joker, a psychopathic super villain who is the main antagonist and Harley's former lover.
- Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn, a crazed super villain and former psychiatrist.
- Jai Courtney as George 'Digger' Harkness/Captain Boomerang, a thief who utilizes deadly boomerangs, his backstory revolves around him being hired as a Boomerang permoting performer for a toy company, where people ridiculed him.
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, a West Point graduate and Army Special Forces Colonel who helps the Suicide Squad in the field.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Waylon Jones/Killer Croc, a super villain who suffers from regressive atavism which caused him to developed reptilian features, his backstory revolves around his struggle in life where he was ridiculed, beaten, and abondoned. He forms a strange bond with Harley Quinn throughout the film.
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, a sociopathic government official who gives out the Squad's orders and missions. She is manipulating and devious and won't let anything get in her way.
- Karen Fukuhara as Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana, an expert martial artist and swordsman who mourns the death of her husband, her backstory includes how her husband was killed and the trauma she has to go through since his death.
- Cara Delevigne as June Moon/Enchantress
- Joe Manganello as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
- Emma Stone as Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy
- Andrew Garfield as Ted Garrison/The Shade
- R for Non-Stop Graphic Violence, Nudity and Language