Spyro Rises is a American-Spanish 3D computer-animated fantasy comedy-drama adventure film directed by Andy Serkis (being his animated directoral debut), being based on the Spyro franchise by Activision and the second installment of the Activision Heroes series. It is being produced by The Imaginarium, DreamWorks Animation and Activision Blizzard Studios and is distributed by Universal Pictures. This is The Imaginarium's first family-friendly feature film.
The film was released on September TBD, 2020 and gained generally favorable reviews and was a box office success, grossing over at least $530 million.
A young dragon and his dragonfly pal must save the dragons from the hands of Gnasty Gnorc and The Sorceress.
- Tom Holland as Spyro the Dragon, a young dragon who is a spunky, but brave dragon and the main protagonist.
- Seth Rogen as Sparx, a dragonfly who is Spyro's best friend since childhood.
- Andy Serkis as Gnasty Gnorc, a gnorc who froze the dragons and the false main (later former) antagonist.
- Zoe Saldana as The Sorceress, a dinosaur who hates dragons and trick the Gnorcs into hating the dragons. She is the true main antagonist.
- Dove Cameron as Zoe, a fairy who helped Nestor.
- Mark Hamill as Nestor, a dragon who raised Spyro since he was a baby.
- Will Ferrell as a Pueblo character