This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
|“||What you see is what you get! Just a guy that loves adventure! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!||„|
|~ Sonic the Hedgehog|
Sonic the Hedgehog is the title character and the protagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series published by Sega, as well as numerous spin-off comics, animations, and other media. Sonic is a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog who can run at supersonic speeds and curl into a ball, primarily to attack enemies. In most games, Sonic must race through levels, collecting power-up rings and avoiding obstacles and enemies.
Programmer Yuji Naka and artist Naoto Ohshima are generally credited with creating Sonic. Most of the games are developed by Sonic Team. The original Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) was released to provide Sega with a mascot to rival Nintendo's flagship character Mario. Sonic was redesigned by Yuji Uekawa for Sonic Adventure (1998), with a more mature look designed to appeal to older players.
Sonic is one of the world's best-known video game characters and a gaming icon. His series had sold more than 80 million copies by 2011. In 2005, Sonic was one of the first game character inductees into the Walk of Game alongside Mario, Link, and Master Chief.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Appearances in Idea Wiki (by author/user)
- 3.1 Moon Silvight's ideas
- 3.2 Iago PUC's ideas
- 3.3 Coolot1's ideas
- 3.4 DonaldoC1997's ideas
- 3.5 Knottyorchid12
- 3.6 Joint ideas
- 4 Portrait
- 5 Voice actors
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
Ever since stepping into the battle against injustice, Sonic has been the champion of peace and is renowned the world over for saving it countless times. During his many adventures, Sonic has traveled from the ends of the world to the far reaches of space and time, while facing countless trials that have tested him to the fullest, earning him many titles, allies and the scorns of several foes. Well-known for his legendary cocky attitude, easy-going demeanor and somewhat short temper, yet strong sense of justice, compassion, heart of gold and love for freedom and adventure, Sonic uses his abilities to protect the innocent from his world and those beyond from the forces of evil, especially his arch-nemesis Dr. Eggman, who constantly seeks world domination.
Along with his battles against Eggman, Sonic also made many friends who joined him in his adventures. His first and best of them was Miles "Tails" Prower, a twin-tailed young fox who aspired to be like Sonic.
Sonic has been acknowledged as, undoubtedly, the most recognizable and famous character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise according to an official popularity poll in 2011.
Sonic is a 15-year-old blue hedgehog. According to official sources, he is 3'3" (100 cm) in height and rather slender and he is 77lbs in weight. He is blue, has green eyes, and wears Light weight, hyper friction resistant red sneakers with a white strap, sock-like cuffs, and a gold buckle, white gloves with sock-like wristbands. His birthday is on the 23rd of June.
Moon Silvight's ideas
Soul Calibur VI
Sonic himself along with Sally would not only be the first Soul Calibur Guest Characters to be Anthromorphic Animals as opposed to most of them being Humans, but also be the first time he went to the medieval era since a Wii Game based on Medieval England (although Sonic hails from a Science fantasy Universe, he would use his sword from the infamous Sonic and the Black Knight for the Nintendo Wii).
Untitled Sonic the Hedgehog Open-World Game similar to Grand Theft Auto V and Kamen Rider: Memory of Heroez
When Emman is considering to implement Science Fantasy elements of this game, he might consider including Sonic, Lord Raiden, Jin and Ryu, all from the Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Street Fighter universes as Guests from Science Fantasy franchises made by different companies such as SEGA, Warner Bros. (one of Disney's friendly competitors, as they've crossed paths with their properties like in Ready Player One '18, LittleBigPlanet and Fortnite), Bandai-Namco and Capcom as collaboration Guests. Similarly, he is considering other Collaboration Content from other companies such as Ubisoft's Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed (complete with Playable Guests and stuff).
Iago PUC's ideas
- See also: Sonic the Hedgehog (Injustice Guest)
Sonic also appears as a guest character in Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion, voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. He appears as one of the supporting crossover heroes in the six-part "Legendary Universes" arc. While his looks are based on his current video game appearances, his story is a mix between his appearances in the 1993-1995 TV series (where he leads the Freedom Fighters alongside his lover Sally Acorn) and the 2020 film (which introduced Sonic's human friend sheriff Tom Wachowski and caretaker Longclaw the Owl). Sonic also wields a nanotech bracelet (based on Chip/Light Gaia's necklace in Sonic Unleashed) which carries a digital pocket dimension on its gemstone where he can store his belongings, including his cellphone and his teleportation rings. Along with the same known powers and abilities from the games, this version of Sonic also has the ability to use echolocation, enabling him to sense unusual activities where he is, as demonstrated when he senses someone arriving from alternate dimensions. First appearing in "Part 3: Unlimited Speed", Sonic and his fellow Freedom Fighters (consisting of Sally, Tails, Knuckles, Sticks the Badger and Nicole the Holo-Lynx) help Spider-Man and his teammates (consisting of Tigra, Wave, American Knight, Lion King and Jarvis) solve the origins of Jarvis' robot body while they contend with both Eggrobo, who had taken over a prototype of Otto Octavius' tentacle harness, and Dr. Robotnik. Sonic primarily partners with Spider-Man himself, as they view each other as dedicated leaders to their teams, although they are also at one point teased over the fact that Spider-Man's costume colors match those of Sonic's quills and shoes. Later in "Part 6: Ultimate Alliance", he and his fellow Freedom Fighters are among the heroes who join Spider-Man and his friends in the battle against the Regent and his army of insectoids from the Negative Zone.
- Sonic makes a silent cameo in Marvel's Superhero Adventures: Infinity War. He is shown in the end of the film sitting next to Tails and Sally, and watching the Multiverse Star opening after Peter Parker places the completed Infinity Amulet back in its temple.
- The Classic Sonic incarnation of the character appears as a supporting character in Sonic Across the Universe and the main protagonist in its spin-off animated series Sonic Mania, played by Drake & Josh actor Josh Peck.
Sonic is one of the titular protagonists in Sonic and the Tomb Raider, voiced by Robbie Daymond. The show focuses on Sonic teaming up with Lara Croft in a series of adventures to explore the world and earn the most amazing relics, while they also contend with Dr. Robotnik and Jacqueline Natla, among other foes and threats. Having lived a life on Earth since his childhood, Sonic has been travelling around numerous countries around the world (including Japan, Brazil, Spain, the USA, among others), and has visited the Golden Realm more than once before he met Lara. He also mentions that he has been known for many other names on the countries he visited; having been called "Hermes" by the Greek, the "Blue Samurai" by the Japanese, among others, most notably the "Nomad".
Sonic appears in the spin-off Sonic Presents... Chao in Space and its prequel comic Behind the Scenes, voiced again by Roger Craig Smith. In the game, Sonic is the director and co-producer of the game's titular fictional movie and, after six months of shooting, watches it alongside his friends (who also worked on the movie) in Westopolis' World Premiere theater during its theatrical release night.
- Sonic appears in the Sonic: Rebirth series, being voiced by Jason Spisak. David Sobolov voices Sonic as the Werehog.
- Sonic appears in Sonic Y, voiced again by Roger Craig Smith.
- Sonic is the lead character in Stuffed Sonic, being voiced by Jason Marsden.
- Sonic is a playable character in DC vs. Sega, and as a main character in the Story Mode, voiced by Roger Craig Smith. In his Arcade Battle ending, Sonic is shown roaming free around the world until he is met with the Guardians of Oa, who recognize Sonic's strong willpower, and choose him as a new member of the Green Lantern Corps.
- Sonic appears in the Video-Games Cinematic Universe.
- Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
- Nickname: Sonic, Super Sonic (when with the Chaos Emeralds), Sonic the Werehog (Sonic Unleashed), Knight of the Wind (Sonic and the Black Knight)
- Gender: Male
- Age: 15
- Alignment: Good
- Birthday: June 23
- Favorite food: chili dogs
- Family: Maurice (grandfather), Jules Hedgehog (father), Bernadette Hedgehog (mother), Sonia the Hedgehog (sister), Manic the Hedgehog (younger brother), Sir Charles "Chuck" the Hedgehog (uncle)
- Friends: Miles "Tails" Prower (best friend), Knuckles the Echidna (second best friend/former rival), Amy Rose (one-sided crush on her side), Sally Acorn (on and off love interest, SatAM/Archie Comics), Cream the Rabbit, Nicole the Holo-Lynx, Bunnie Rabbot, Antoine D'Coolette, Rotor the Walrus, Sticks the Badger, Princess Elise III (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game), Longclaw the Owl (caretaker; 2020 film), Light Gaia / Chip (Sonic Unleashed), Caliburn/Excalibur (Sonic and the Black Knight), Sabrina Spellman (Archie Comics co-star), Peter Parker / Spider-Man (Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion), Lara Croft (Sonic and the Tomb Raider)
- Allies: Team Chaotix (Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy Bee), Big the Cat, Rouge the Bat, Shadow the Hedgehog (sometimes), Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog, Tikal the Echidna, Justice League (Justice League: Rings of the Force), Avengers (Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Rivals: Shadow the Hedgehog (arch-rival), Knuckles the Echidna (sometimes), Silver the Hedgehog (sometimes), Jet the Hawk (sometimes)
- Enemies: Dr. Eggman (arch-enemy), Metal Sonic, Chaos (formally), Eggman Nega, Black Doom, Erazor Djinn (Sonic and the Secret Rings), Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed), King Arthur (Sonic and the Black Knight), Time Eater (Sonic Generations), Fiona Fox, The Deadly Six (most closely Zavok), Infinite, Augustus Roman / The Regent (Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Jaleel White (1993-1999)
- Ryan Drummond (1998-2004)
- Martin Burke (1999)
- Jason Griffith (2003-2010)
- Roger Craig Smith (2010-present)
- Ben Schwartz (2020 film)
- Jason Spisak (Sonic: Rebirth series)
- Max Mittelman (Sonic Beyond, Sonic: The Animated Series)
- Josh Keaton (Sonic the Hedgehog (2018))
- Tom Holland (film series, Coolot and DonaldoC1997's version)
- Michael Rosenbaum (Justice League: Rings of the Force, Sonic Star Wars, Argo & Marin: A Sonic Star Wars Story, Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Robbie Daymond (Sonic and the Tomb Raider)
- Chris Evans as Modern Sonic (James Cameron's Sonic, voice and motion capture)
- Darren Criss (Arcade)
- Seth Green (Robot Chicken parodies)