This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
Sonic the Hedgehog is the title character and main protagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog series and Sega's mascot. He is a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog gifted with the ability to run at the speed of sound and beyond, hence his name, and possesses lightning fast reflexes to match. As his species implies, Sonic can also roll up into a concussive ball, primarily to attack enemies.
Ever since stepping into the battle against injustice, Sonic has been the champion of peace and is renowned the world over for saving it countless times. During his many adventures, Sonic has traveled from the ends of the world to the far reaches of space and time, while facing countless trials that have tested him to the fullest, earning him many titles, allies and the scorns of several foes. Well-known for his legendary cocky attitude, easy-going demeanor and somewhat short temper, yet strong sense of justice, compassion, heart of gold and love for freedom and adventure, Sonic uses his abilities to protect the innocent from his world and those beyond from the forces of evil, especially his arch-nemesis Dr. Eggman, who constantly seeks world domination.
Sonic has been acknowledged as, undoubtedly, the most recognizable and famous character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise according to an official popularity poll in 2011.
Sonic is a 15-year-old blue hedgehog. According to official sources, he is 3'3" (100 cm) in height and rather slender and he is 77lbs in weight. He is blue, has green eyes, and wears Light weight, hyper friction resistant red sneakers with a white strap, sock-like cuffs, and a gold buckle, white gloves with sock-like wristbands. His birthday is on the 23rd of June.
Moon Silvight's ideas
Soul Calibur VI
Sonic himself would not only be the first Soul Calibur Guest Character to be an Anthromorphic Animal as opposed to most of them being Humans, but also be the first time he went to the medieval era (although Sonic hails from a Science fantasy Universe, he would use his sword from the infamous Sonic and the Black Knight for the Nintendo Wii).
When Emman is considering to implement Science Fantasy elements of this game, he might consider including Sonic, Lord Raiden, Jin and Ryu, all from the Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Street Fighter universes as Guests from Science Fantasy franchises made by different companies such as SEGA, Warner Bros. (one of Disney's friendly competitors, as they've crossed paths with their properties like in Ready Player One 2018, LittleBigPlanet and Fortnite), Bandai-Namco and Capcom as collaboration content.
Iago PUC's ideas
- See also: Sonic the Hedgehog (Injustice Guest)
He also appears as a guest character in Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion, voiced by Michael Rosenbaum. He appears as one of the supporting crossover heroes in the multi-part finale "Legendary Universes" arc. While his looks are based on his current video game appearances, his story is a mix between his appearances in the 1993-1995 TV series (where he leads the Freedom Fighters alongside his lover Sally Acorn) and the 2020 film (where he is a friend to human sheriff Tom Wachowski on Earth). He also wields a nanotech bracelet (based on Chip/Light Gaia's necklace in Sonic Unleashed) which carries a digital pocket dimension where he can store his belongings, including his cellphone and his teleportation rings. Along with the same known powers and abilities from the games, this version of Sonic also has the ability to use echolocation, enabling him to sense unusual activities where he is, as demonstrated when he senses someone arriving from alternate dimensions.
- First appearing in "Part 3: Unlimited Speed", he and his fellow Freedom Fighters help Spider-Man and his teammates (consisting of Tigra, American Knight, Lion King and Jarvis) solve the origins of Jarvis' robot body while they contend with both Eggrobo, who had taken over a prototype of Otto Octavius' tentacle harness, and Dr. Robotnik. He primarily partners with Spider-Man himself, as they view each other as dedicated leaders to their teams, although they are also at one point teased over the fact that Spider-Man's costume colors match those of Sonic's quills and shoes.
- Later in "Part 6: Ultimate Alliance", he and his team are among the heroes who join Spider-Man and his friends in the battle against the Regent and his army of insectoids from the Negative Zone.
- The Classic Sonic incarnation of the character appears as a supporting character in Sonic Across the Universe and the main protagonist in its spin-off animated series Sonic Mania, played by Drake Bell.
- Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
- Nickname: Sonic
- Gender: Male
- Age: 15
- Alignment: Good
- Birthday: June 23
- Favorite food: chili dogs
- Friends: Miles "Tails" Prower (best friend), Knuckles the Echidna (second best friend/former rival), Amy Rose (one-sided crush on her side), Sally Acorn (on and off love interest), Cream the Rabbit, Nicole the Holo-Lynx, Bunnie Rabbot, Antoine D'Coolette, Rotor the Walrus, Sticks the Badger, Princess Elise III (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game), Chip (Sonic Unleashed), Sabrina Spellman (Archie Comics co-star), Peter Parker / Spider-Man (Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Allies: Team Chaotix (Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy Bee), Big the Cat, Rouge the Bat, Shadow the Hedgehog (sometimes), Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog, Justice League (Justice League: Rings of the Force)
- Rivals: Shadow the Hedgehog (arch-rival), Knuckles the Echidna (sometimes), Silver the Hedgehog (sometimes)
- Enemies: Dr. Eggman (arch-enemy), Metal Sonic, Chaos (formally), Eggman Nega, Black Doom, Erazor Djinn (Sonic and the Secret Rings), Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed), King Arthur (Sonic and the Black Knight), Time Eater (Sonic Generations), The Deadly Six, Infinite, Augustus Roman / The Regent (Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Jaleel White (1993-1999)
- Ryan Drummond (1998-2004)
- Martin Burke (1999)
- Jason Griffith (2003-2010)
- Roger Craig Smith (2010-present)
- Ben Schwartz (2020 film)
- Jason Spisak (Sonic: Rebirth series)
- Max Mittelman (Sonic Beyond)
- Josh Keaton (Sonic the Hedgehog (2018))
- Tom Holland (film series, Coolot and DonaldoC1997's version)
- Michael Rosenbaum (Justice League: Rings of the Force, Sonic Star Wars, Argo & Marin: A Sonic Star Wars Story, Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion)
- Chris Evans (James Cameron's Sonic, voice and motion capture)
- Drake Bell as Classic Sonic (Sonic Across the Universe, voice and motion capture, Sonic Mania)
- Seth Green (Robot Chicken parodies)