|Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Fueled|
Xbox Series X/S
|Release date(s)||Worldwide: November 2021|
Shoot 'em up (scrolling/top-down)
|Rating(s)||ESRB: E (Everyone)|
Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Fueled is a 2D action platformer video game developed by D-Pad Studio (which worked on Owlboy) and published by Konami. The game is a re-telling of the original SEGA Genesis game released in 1993 with some elements borrowed from it's sequels, Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 and Sparkster (SNES). It is released worldwide on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, Microsoft Windows (on Retail and Steam forms) and Nintendo Switch in November 2021.
- Like Sonic Mania, the game uses 16-bit sprites with 2D hand-drawn anime-like cutscenes (which has voice acting like the newest Battletoads game) and an re-arranged soundtrack.
- Sparkster's design is a combination of his appearances in all previous installments, with yellow spiky hair, a blue helmet with goggles, etc.
- A jet-pack meter works similar to that of Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2's, while Sparkster has various moves/techniques from the original and 2010 games (without implementing a skill tree from recent generation's games).
- Various difficulty levels from "Easy" to "Extreme".
- A world map, which allows the player to go back to various stages for 100% completion such as finding collectables, the Sacred Swords, etc.
- Besides platforming, the game has many other genres such as shoot 'em up (jetpack/flight), top-down shooter (akin to Sparkster's 7th stage and Salamander), boxing (against Axel Gear in a pig mecha or Sparkrobo in DLC stages), etc.
- Like in Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2, Sparkster can find the seven Sacred Swords (which are hidden throughout every stage) to allow him to transform into Gold Sparkster (similar to Super Sonic), making him much stronger and the player to see a true ending after defeating the Pig Star's core (final boss).
- Various costumes such as his original 1993 design (with brown hair), Axel Gear, "Blaster" from the first game's concept art, etc. with Amiibo support for the Nintendo Console Versions of the game (such as Sonic the Hedgehog, R.O.B., Solid Snake and Captain Falcon).
- A DLC pack, which adds various stages based on Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2 into the world map, allowing Sparkster to face against King Gedol.