PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Extreme is an American fighting video game, serving as a sequel to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. It is developed by SIE Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, being released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Flex on December 12th, 2020.
When a tournament is held to see who can be a powerful fighter and to have true power, several people combat each other to gain the ultimate prize.
- Nathan Drake (voiced by Nolan North) - a treasure hunter who collects various rare and valuable treasures.
- Ratchet (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) - a Lombax explorer who constantly saves the galaxy from evil.
- Clank (voiced by David Kaye) - a small robot who is Rachet's best friend.
- Jak (voiced by Scott Porter) - TBD
- Daxter (voiced by Jason Spisak) - TBD
- Sly Cooper (voiced by Kevin Miller) - a raccoon thief who holds the ideals of honor among thieves.
- Kratos (voiced by Christopher Judge) - the god of war who was formerly violent and is now on a path of redemption.
- Sackboy (non-speaking) - a friendly creature made out of wool who has access to creation itself.
- Sweet Tooth (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - TBD
- Col. Radec (voiced by Sean Pertwee) - TBD
- Cole MacGrath (voiced by Eric Ladin) - TBD
- Nariko (voiced by Jennifer Hale) - TBD
- Spike (voiced by Marc Silk) - TBD
- Sir Daniel Fortesque (voiced by Stéphane Cornicard) - TBD
- Raiden (voiced by Quinton Flynn) - TBD
- PaRappa (voiced by [rapping sounding]) - TBD
- Fat Princess (voiced by Tara Strong) - TBD
- Torot Inoue (non-speaking) - TBD
- Emmett Graves (voiced by Khary Payton) - TBD
- Kat (voiced by TBD) - TBD
- Zeus (voiced by Corey Burton) - TBD
- Heihachi Mishima (voiced by Jamieson Price) - TBD
- Dante (voiced by Reuben Langdon) - TBD
- Crash Bandicoot (voiced by Jess Harnell) - TBD
- Coco Bandicoot (voiced by Debi Derryberry) - TBD
- Spyro the Dragon (voiced by Tom Kenny) - TBD
- Hunter the Cheetah (voiced by Robbie Daymond) - TBD
- Solid Snake (voiced by David Hayter) - TBD
- James Sunderland (voiced by Troy Baker) - TBD
- Joel and Ellie (also voiced by Troy Baker and by Ashley Johnson) - TBD
- Knack (voiced by Ike Amadi) - TBD
- The Hunter (non-speaking) - TBD
- Atreus (voiced by Sunny Suljic) - TBD
- Jin Sakai (voiced by Daisuke Tsuji) - TBD
- Carmelita Fox (voiced by Grey Griffin) - TBD
- Deslin Rowe (also voiced by Troy Baker) - TBD
- Connor (voiced by Bryan Dechart) - an android detective who is devoted to hunting down Deviants.
- Markus (voiced by Jesse Williams) - TBD
- Sam Porter-Bridges (voiced by Norman Reedus) - TBD
- Sam Drake (also voiced by Troy Baker) - TBD
- Chloe Frazer (voiced by Claudia Black) - TBD
- Aloy (voiced by Ashly Burch) - TBD
- The Player (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal if male and Stephanie Lemelin if female) - TBD
- Hannah (voiced by Ella Lentini) - TBD
- Captain Qwark (voiced by Jim Ward) - TBD
- Deacon St. John (voiced by Sam Witwer) - TBD
- Nathan Hale (also voiced by David Kaye) - TBD
- Yu Narukami (voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch) - TBD
- Cloud Strife (voiced by Cody Christian) - TBD
- Tifa Lockhart (voiced by Britt Baron) - TBD
- Captain Blasto (voiced by Billy West) - TBD
- Baldur (voiced by Jeremy Davies) - TBD
- Venom Snake (voiced by Kiefer Sutherland) - TBD
- Buzz (voiced by Jason Donovan) - TBD
- Abby (voiced by Laura Bailey) - TBD
- [one additional DLC character]
- Polygon Man (voiced by David Collins) - TBD
- [Dark Eco, Chimera, Infected, Conduit or TBD] Sephiroth
- TBD Negativatron
- [Infected or Conduit] Higgs
- [persona villain]
Characters who make cameos in stages.
- Simon, North and Josh
- Larry DaVinci
- Gol and Maia Archeon
- Hank Anderson
- Filbo, Wambus and Bethica
- DaVinci's Laboratory - Larry DaVinci is working on various Sackbots and inventions. Mid-Battle Change: Dozens of androids, including North, Simon and Josh (Detroit) break into the laboratory and begin shouting I am Alive in the background of the fight.
- Cyberlife Tower - Hank Anderson is shown investigating and looking around the tower. Mid-Battle Change: Gol and Maia Archeon (Jak and Daxter) invade the tower and begins firing dark eco projectiles into the stage.
- Empire City - Kessler is shown watching the fight happening in the background. Mid Battle Change: Clockwerk (Sly Cooper) swoops in and starts fighting Kessler (Infamous) in the sky as projectiles from the fight rain down on the stage.
- Bugsnax Island - Various Grumpuses including Filbo, Wambus and Beffica are eating Bugsnax while watching the fight. Mid Battle Change: [LittleBigPlanet, Parappa, Resistance, Ape Escape, Last of Us, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Crash Bandicoot, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy, Persona, Devil May Cry or TBD]
- Ratchet and Clank/Jak and Daxter - TBD
- Nathan Drake/Sly Cooper - TBD
- Kratos/Sweet Tooth - Kratos finds Sweet Tooth as he reminds him too much of who he used to be as he fights him.
- Sackboy/PaRappa - Sackboy challenges PaRappa to a rap battle as he accepts it.
- Deacon St. John/Joel and Ellie - Deacon and Joel and Ellie encounter each other as Deacon learns that Ellie could possibly cure zombies as they fight over Ellie.
- Deslin Rowe/Cole MacGrath - Deslin and Cole both feel confused about each other as both battle to see who is a better Conduit.
- Connor/Aloy - Both Connor and Aloy are both fascinated about their origins as they fight out of curiosity.
- Sam Drake/Carmelita Fox - Sam is about to steal an artifact as Carmelita stops him as both of them duel.
- Jin Sakai/Heiachi Mishima - Jin finds Heiachi's methods to be unethical while Heiachi finds Jin to be a fascinating opponent as they fight for this purpose.
- Dante/Cloud Strife - TBD
- The Player/Nathan Hale - TBD
- Despite mainly including Sony-owned IPs, some characters are exceptions due to being integral to PlayStation's past, being included under license from Sega, Activision, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Konami and Square Enix.
- The Metal Gear and Silent Hill series now count as such, since their developer Kojima Productions currently holds an exclusive partnership with Sony, even if Konami still owns the latter.
- This is also the main reason why Spider-Man wasn't included on it, since despite the 2018 video game being developed for Sony, its IP belongs to The Walt Disney Company through Marvel Comics.
- The decision of focusing mainly on Sony-owned IPs is mainly to avoid deviating from the fact it is PlayStation with the only third party characters being connected to PlayStation's past.
- Markus, Coco Bandicoot, Carmelita Fox and Sam Drake are technically reskins of Connor, Crash, Sly Cooper and Nathan Drake with some adjustments made.