Paprika Neighborhood is an American adult puppet comedy television series, being created by Brian Henson. It is produced by Henson Alternative and ABC Signature and it airs on Hulu since July 15th, 2019.
A group of puppets living with a few humans has strange adventures in the enclosed town of Paprika Neighborhood.
- Kevin (puppeteered by Victor Yerrid) - a childish purple-furred monster who lives with his puppet roommate Frank and the human Jessica Robinson.
- Frank (puppeteered by Drew Massey) - a lazy and oafish orange-furred monster who prefers to stay home and play video games and eat junk food.
- Jessica Robinson (played by Laura Marano) - a very normal college graduate who moves into Paprika Neighborhood and has to deal with Kevin and Frank.
- Carol (puppeteered by Leslie Carrara-Rudolph) - a beautiful big swan who Kevin has a crush on as she works as the manager of the fast-food joint, Hot Dog Emperor.
- Grumpy Ol' Carl (puppeteered by Bill Barretta) - a grouchy small furry brown monster who is suffering from poverty and lives in a dumpster due to this.
- Barry and Ernest (puppeteered by David Rudman and Matt Vogel, respectively) - a married couple who runs a diner as Carol has a rivalry with them due to her also owning a food place.
- Jason K. Hargrove (played by Michael Chiklis) - a sarcastic convenience store owner who is Jessica's boss and often tries to make sure that he has enough cash to make a very decent living.
- Mayor Jim (puppeteered by Peter Linz) - a morally corrupt toad who is the mayor of Paprika Neighborhood and attempts to hide his illegal activities from the public eye.
- Secretary Jane (puppeteered by Stephanie D'Abruzzo) - a seductive boar who serves Jim as she often tries to hook up with him.
- Grizzly (puppeteered by Kevin Clash) - a creepy and offputting crimson grizzly bear who often sneaks around places and often tries to break into houses and is hated by everyone.
- Cole Midas (played by Joe Mantegna) - a corrupt businessman who plans to turn Barry and Ernest's diner into a massive five-star restaurant.
- Despite mainly being a spoof of Sesame Street, the series makes references to various other famous puppet shows, including The Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, and Bear in the Big Blue House, all produced by Henson with ABC and Hulu's parent company Disney currently owning The Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House and co-owning Dinosaurs.
- These are various references in the series:
- Kevin's name is a reference to Kevin Clash, the most famous puppeteer who performed Elmo.
- Frank's name is a reference to Frank Oz, the man who puppeteered famous characters like Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, and Yoda.
- Carol's name is a reference to Carol Spinney, the original puppeteer for Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
- Mayor Jim's name is a reference to Jim Henson, the man who gave birth to the Muppets and Sesame Street as well as the performer of Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, and Ernie.
- These are the cases of companies, locations, and media that are spoofs of real things:
- Hot Dog Emperor is a spoof of fast-food joints like McDonald's, Wendy's or the inspiration of Hot Dog Emperor's name, Burger King.
- Bats is actually a parody of Jim Henson's classic sitcom Dinosaurs.
- Rock Droplets is a spoof of Mountain Dew.