Over the Hedge 2: Critter Crisis is a 3D computer animated comedy film and is produced by Dreamworks Animation and is distributed by Sony Pictures and Columbia Pictures. this film takes place right after the events of the first film.
years later, RJ and his critter friends are having a good time playing behind the fireworks, Unfortunately, he feels distraught that he hadn't had a love interest since 69 years ago. Verne had a nightmare about losing RJ and the others to the verminator. during a mission to find food, Ozzy and Heather discover that a new neighbor is moving and breaks the bad news. the animals panic and prepare to evacuate their beloved forest home. but RJ calms them and comes up with a plan.
the animals start a war with each other by setting up traps and other offensive nuisances. Heather ends up falling in love with the neighbor's dog, Wayne end up falling in love with each other, which causes Ozzy to become jealous and wanting to separate them more. This all culminates when RJ rewires an electric fence set up by the neighbor, prompting the neighbor to throw dynamite at RJ's log.
The Next Morning, RJ is caught in a trap and Verne tries to free him, due to him accidentally detonating the dynamite, which explodes, destroying the log and sending RJ and Verne out of the hedge and into the backyard. the animals were heartbroken to see their beloved home get demolished and Heather is captured, leaving RJ and Verne on a rescue mission, while the animals find a new home.
during the rescue, RJ has a crush on a female raccoon named CJ, whose family had disappeared since the invasion of the verminator. they soon learn about their each other's pasts, leaving Verne to go all by himself. Verne stumbles upon a group of tough-looking storks led by their kung fu leader, Wasomi.
Meanwhile, the animals encounter a park, where they can store for Next winter, Unfortunately, they are captured by Calvo, a Nile monitor. Verne escapes Wasomi and rescues Heather, who harshly rejects Wayne's romantic feelings, because she wanted to save her friends.
the animals (including RJ, Verne and Heather) are invited to Calvo's party. However,CJ learns that RJ is still upset and RJ apologizes to her. the party was interrupted by Calvo's arch nenemis, Piranha, a King Cobra who chases them away. RJ decides to get their home back.
Heather goes back to Wayne and apologizes to him for rejecting his romantic feelings, and He and heather fall in love again. Verne goes to Wasomi's and convinces him to help save the forest, which Wasomi ends up agreeing. during the fight, RJ is caught in a detonator which the neighbor tries to kill him when CJ saves RJ and they win the battle with the neighbor falling to his death.
the Next Morning, RJ asks CJ if she could marry him, which CJ agrees and the animals celebrate with CJ singing, "No Excuses" by Meghan Trainor. Wasomi and his flock and Calvo decides to stay in the forest.
- Will Ferrell as RJ, a raccoon. Ferrell replaced Bruce Willis in this film.
- Meghan Trainor as CJ, a raccoon and RJ's love interest.
- Patton Oswalt as Verne, a naturally cynical ornate box turtle. Oswalt replaced Gary Shandling in this film cause he passed away.
- Steve Carell as Hammy, a hyperactive American red squirrel.
- Wanda Sykes as Stella, a short-tempered, sassy striped skunk
- Eugene Levy as Lou, a North American porcupine father and family patriarch with an overly friendly and optimistic attitude.
- Catherine O'Hara as Penny, the porcupine family mother and matriarch; she serves as a ground between their family and the other animals.
- Shane Baumel, Sami Kirkpatrick, and Madison Davenport as Spike, Bucky and Quillo, Lou and Penny's three identical children.
- William Shanter as Ozzy, a parinoid overprotected Virginia opossum.
- Lexi Medrano as Heather, a Virginia opossum and Ozzy's daughter. Medrano replaced Avril Lavigne in this film.
- Omid Djalili as Tiger, or "Prince Tigerius Mahmoud Shabazz." a Persian cat.
- Cedric the Entertainer as Wayne, a Boston Terrier who falls in love with Heather.
- Craig Robinson as Calvo, a Nile monitor
- Kathryn Hahn as Karen, a European rabbit
- Jackie Chan as Wasomi, a Chinese-accented territorial leader of a gang of storks.
- J.K. Simmons as the Neighbor, RJ's new enemy. His full name is "Ben"
- Goran Višnjić as Piranha, a King Cobra and Calvo's arch nenemis.
- Family of Me - Ben Folds
- Will Ferrell, Patton Oswalt and Lexi Medrano replaced Bruce Willis, Garry Shandling and Avril Lavigne as the roles of RJ, Verne and Heather.