My Singing Monsters, also known as in China and Korea as Monster Choir, is a 2020 computer animated comedy-romance adventure musical film. It is directed by Carlos Saldanha, who also directed Ice Age 2 & 3 and Rio 1 & 2. The score is performed by John Debney and Alan Menken. It is based on a game of the same name by Big Blue Bubble on IOS and Android. The film will be produced by Blue Sky Studios, 20th Century Fox, its video game developer, Big Blue Bubble and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. The movie is released on June 26, 2020.
Mammott and his friends discovers that the Fire monsters could be alive, so he and his gang must find them in this musical comedy.
- Justin Long as Mammott - the main character of the film
- Anne Hathaway as PomPom - Mammott's Love interest.
- Jamie Foxx as Noggin - a rock Monster with a bottle cap on his head and one of Mammott and PomPom's friends
- Rihanna as Kayna - a Volcano Girl and Noggin's Love interest in the film.
- John DiMaggio as Entbrat - one of PomPom, Mammott, Noggin and Kayna's friends
- Justin Timberlake as Furcorn - one of Mammott, PomPom, Noggin, Kayna and Entbrat's friends
- Billy West as Toe Jammer - one of Mammott, PomPom, Noggin, Kayna, Entbrat and Furcorn's friends
- Kevin James as Wubbox - a robot
- Josh Gad as Oaktopus - one of Mammott, PomPom, Noggin, Kayna, Entbrat, Furcorn and Toe Jammer's friends
- Freddie Highmore as Spunge - one of Mammott, PomPom, Noggin, Kayna, Entbrat, Furcorn, Toe Jammer and Oaktopus' friends.
- Scarlet Johansson as Ziggurab
- Reese Witherspoon as Dandidoo - Spunge's Love interest
- Bill Hader and David Schwimmer as Quibble
- America Ferrera as Phangler
- Rose Abdoo as Thrumble
- Julie Kavner as Woolabee
- Ariel Winter as Stogg
- Andy Samberg as Flum Ox
- Kelsey Grammer as Cybop
- Ben Stiller as Scaratar - a celestial
- Jack Black as Pango
- Kristen Bell as Whaddle
- Tony Sampson as Tring
- Adam Sandler as Loodvigg - Scaratar's celestial
- Tom Kenny as Wynq
- Selena Gomez as Glowl
- Leslie Mann as Candelavra
- Charlie Adler and David Cross as Thumpies
- James Hong as Torrt - one of Scaratar and Loodvigg's celestials
- Patrick Seitz as Boskus
- David Cross as Plixie - one of Scaratar, Loodvigg and Torrt's celestials
- Linda Cardellini as Tweedle
- J.K Simmons as Quarrister
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Attmoz - one of Scaratar, Loodvigg, Torrt and Plixie's celestials
The score is released in May 2020. Rock on the Fire will play during the Credits.
- Rock on the Fire (Rihanna)
- We Built This City (The MSM Cast, Justin Long, Anne Hathway)
- Kiss On My List (Justin Long)
- Hall of Fame (Justin Long and Justin Timberlake)
- Dream On (Jamie Foxx)
Soundtrack (composed by John Debney and Alan Menken)
- A Singing Beginning
- How It Happen?
- The Fire Monsters are Alive!
- The Journey Begins
- Meeting Spunge and Toe Jammer
- The Long Walk
- Running With The Blabbits
- The Cave-Drawings
- Discovering the Celestials
- The Fire Monster Reunion
- Big Chorus
- Back Home!
The film is rated G by the Motion Picture Association of America, being the fifth Blue Sky Studios film to be rated G, after Horton Hears A Who, Rio, Rio 2 and The Peanuts Movie.
My Singing Monsters received generally mixed reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, it has a 58% "Rotten" score. The site's critical consenus reads: "The My Singing Monsters movie is pretty colorful and beautiful, through its quirky humor would require to be improved for a little bit." In MetaCritic, it has a score of 51 out of 100, indicating "mixed or average reviews". On CinemaScore, it has a average grade of a "A". However, the audiences gave positive reviews of the film.
Despite the fact it gathered mixed reviews from critics, the movie was a moderate box-office success, grossing over at least $400 million on a $120 budget.
Mammott slaps Noggin only once in the whole movie.
There are some name-callings in the whole movie.
Almost all of the monsters don't appear to wear clothes, except for Noggin, who appears to be wearing a bottle cap similar to Nico's from Rio. Of course it is a G-rated film, so let it pass.
There is a scene where Mammott and PomPom kissed on the lips.
Fox, Blue Sky and Disney Television Animation announced that they are making a television series based off the movie, being a Disney Zoog original series. It is the second My Singing Monsters TV series.
Fox, Blue Sky and Big Blue Bubble announced a halloween special titled A My Singing Monsters Halloween and would air on ABC.
- McDonalds' put out 8 My Singing Monsters toy in each of their Happy Meal boxes.
Home media promotions
- This, along with The Story of The Face Paint, marked the first time that Blue Sky Studios released 2 films in the same year.
- The monsters appear in their Dawn of Fire design.
- The opening scene is the only time we can see the monsters in their design as seen in the mobile app.
- Not counting Furcorn (who was a little bit antagonistic when he first appeared in the movie, and is a ally for the rest of the movie), this is the first Blue Sky Studios film ever to not have a antagonist.
- Unlike the games, almost everyone (except for the Pummel and Tring) sing.
- In the Korean and Chinese releases of My Singing Monsters, the movie was known as Monster Choir.
- Manny, Sid and Diego from Ice Age appears in the cave drawings during the beginning and in one scene.
- There is a picture of Charlie Brown during one scene.
- The macaws in one scene that resemble Blu and Jewel appear.