Template:Infobox television 3Muscles Strikes Again is a 2027 American one-reel animated cartoon and the 173rd Tom and Jerry short. Directed by Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, the cartoon is written by Gene Grillo and animated overseas by Japanese animation studio, Toei Animation. It serves as a sequel to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's 1951 short, Jerry's Cousin. The cartoon will show up before Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure as they will be premiered together on Cartoon Network, and then released on DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital along with Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball: The Adventures of Goku and Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle. The cartoon will be divided into two parts, with the first showing before the TV movie, and the second coming up after the end of the film.
A week have passed since Muscles Mouse visited Tom and Jerry's house where he taught the house cat a rough lesson for trying to catch his cousin. It was Jerry's turn to pay a visit to Muscles' mouse hole at Hogan Alley, wanting to spend more time with him, but feels miserable to know that he have nothing to give him in return for his help. Luckily, with the duplication of Muscles' clothes as a costume, he is able to fool Tom, as well as all the alley cats into thinking he is Muscles. But unfortunately, it wasn't always, for Butch and his gang have discovered only one disguise error: Jerry has his eyes' lashes that Muscles don't. When Jerry was sent by Uncle Harry to bring him and Muscles some cheddar cheese, Topsy have discovered his real self by looking into his eyes with three lashes. Realizing that he is the first to be tricked, he told Butch and the others all about what he witnessed. Now, what other plans does these pussycats do to get the poorly weak little brown mouse? After bringing Tom with them, will they have to use Muscles as a bait for Jerry to rescue him, so that they should trampling them together?
- Tom Cat - A grayish-blue cat.
- Jerry Mouse - A brown-orange mouse, who is Muscles' cousin, Tuffy's uncle, Uncle Harry's grandnephew and Tom's friend.
- Tuffy Mouse - A young baby grey, diaper-wearing mouse, who is Jerry's nephew, Muscles little cousin, Uncle Harry's grandnephew and Tom's little friend.
- Muscles Mouse - A super-strong mouse with yellow shirt and green bolder hat who looks like Jerry. He is Jerry and Tuffy's cousin, Uncle Harry's older brother and Tom's boss.
- Uncle Harry - A dark-brown mouse with a boater and a Hawaiian shirt, who is Jerry and Tuffy's uncle, Muscles' younger brother and Tom's rival.
- Uncle Pecos - Jerry's cowboyish uncle, and Tuffy's grandnephew, who is an old mouse with a cowboy's hat and white mustache. He is Harry and Muscles' older brother.
- Butch Cat
- Meathead Cat
- Topsy Cat
- Lightning Cat
- Richard Kind - Tom Cat
- William Hanna - Tom Cat (vocal effects, uncredited)
- Frank Welker - Jerry Mouse (vocal effects), Meathead Cat
- Stephanie Nadolny - Jerry Mouse (speaking voice in the opening and closing announcement sequences)
- Kath Soucie - Tuffy Mouse
- Maurice LaMarche - Muscles Mouse
- John Michael Higgins as Uncle Harry
- Scott McNeil as Uncle Pecos
- Joey D'Auria - Butch Cat
- William Hanna - Butch Cat (vocal effects, uncredited)
- Elizabeth Daily - Topsy Cat
- Roger Craig Smith - Lightning Cat
- Produced and Directed by Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone
- Written by Gene Grillo
- Based Upon Characters Created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Associate Producer: Jim Wyatt
- Executive Producer: Sam Register
- Music by Michael Tavera
- Voice Directors: Maria Estrada, Ryan Johnston
- Animation Supervisors: Minoru Maeda, Tadayoshi Yamamuro, Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru
- Sound Engineers: Hidenori Arai, Mutsuhiro Nishimura
- Editors: Dave Courter, Philip Malamuth
- Production: Turner Entertainent Co., Warner Bros. Animation and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Animation Services: Toei Animation Co., Ltd.
- Voice Casting Facility: Studiopolis, Inc.
- Sound Effects: Jet Sound Engine Co., Ltd.
Character Designs and Model Sheets
- Despite being silent in the series of cartoons, feature films and television shows, Tom and Jerry's voices are heard as vocal effects. Richard Kind voices Tom, and Frank Welker voices Jerry's vocals, with Stephanie Nadolny provided the second main-title character's speaking voice in the sequences of Tuffy's pre-show and after-show announcements with them, Butch and his gang.
- Rated G for infrequent mild violence, threat, scary scenes, rude humour, very mild bad language.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) Hi, everybody! Miss me?
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to his friends:) Yeah, fellas! It sure really feels great to be back. (to the viewers:) This time, members of the audience... In our new 12-minute cartoons that you will be watching, before you move onto the third and final chapter of our series of television movies, Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball. That last chapter is Mystical Adventure!
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) Now in this final Tom and Jerry/Dragon Ball crossover, we've succeed to help Goku and Krillin pass the test over the incident of the "Sleeping Princess" in Count Lucifer's Devil's Hand by bringing a girl to Master Roshi, the Turtle Hermit who is supposedly a legendary master of martial arts. She is Launch.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) But just to let you know, she is not an ordinary human girl from the Dragon World. One detail is that she has a strange, but serious ability to change personalities and her hair color everytime she sneezes. *taking out the first picture from his diaper, showing Launch in her gentle state with blue hair* Whether she can be kind... *puts the picture away, and pulls out another one, which shows Launch as a mean girl with blonde-hair* ...or mean and tough. *puts the picture back into his diaper* Don't worry, she's welcomed to the membership of the Dragon Team, anyway, because she now lives with Roshi.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) Now to continue with what I'm saying about what's happening on the Dragon World; another Earth, Goku and Krillin are now training with the Turtle Hermit, and so are the three of us... *points at himself* Me... *pointing at Tom and Jerry* And Tom and Jerry.* When the training is completed, in order to put our fighting strength to the task, we goes to the Kingdom of Mifan to participate in the World Martial Arts Tournament at the palace, sponsored by the countries, ruler, Emperor Chiaotzu. And hey! All our other friends have returned too, so are the Space Avengers or Rocket Humanoids, Ambassador Magma, Silvar and Gam. And we have friends and enemies alike among the old and the new.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) *pulling his diaper back up* Well then, TV viewers, without any delay and before the feature presentation of Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure, let Uncle Jerry and Cousin Muscles' second meeting begin with this newest one-shot Tom and Jerry short that continues where 1951's Jerry's Cousin left off, and also featuring Uncle Harry. Presenting... Muscles Strikes Again.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to his friends:) Now, hurry to your seats, cuz I'm about to roll the camera.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) One moment, please...
- (in the opening announcement sequence) *????* Ka...me...ha...me...HA!
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) It's rolling, with no damage, that is! Enjoy!
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to Tuffy:) They must have surely missed all of us, after watching us in Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, the second chapter of Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) Now, members of the audience in the living room or your bedrooms... Tuffy would really like to thank each and every one of you for being patient, and for understanding and continuing to watch all of our many Tom and Jerry cartoons, feature films and television programs over and over again, no matter how older they age in this 21st century.
- (to the whimpering alley cat that he is beating:) (mockingly:) Yes, please. Yes!
- (to Butch:) I'll be waiting, Butch!
- (thinking:) Must be the mailman, a human mailman.
- I'm coming, Mr. Mailman!
- Thank you, sir.
- (reading Jerry's letter:) Dear Cousin Muscles, How are you doing? It's been one week since you've come to help me to keep Tom from chasing me every single day. I still have your duplicated clothes that you gave me so that I can now fool him, just to see that he thinks that I am you. I'm planning to visit you between late afternoon and early evening, that is my time to spent with you. Hope to see you around. Jerry.
- (thinking:) Wow! Cousin Jerry is coming here to Hogan Alley? (speaking:) Cool.
- (thinking:) Wait! I did gave him the duplication of my own clothes as a costume to fool Tom. I hope this will work on those other pussycats who dares to get in my little cousins' way. Even our Uncle Harry should be take this precaution should he come to see me, too. I better take my first thought, just in case.
- (thinking:) It looks like that time has come from his arrival.
- Hey! What's the big idea?
- Cousin? Is that you... because your eyes have three lashes, since I don't?
- Ah, Cousin Jerry. It is you. Glad you came by. Where they were some of Butch's fellow alley cats when you were on your way?
- And did you chase them aside with your style in this costume?
- I should have known.
- Uncle Harry!
- On the contrary, baby brother of Uncle Pecos, yes.
- Jerry, your Uncle Harry and I are glad to hear that the costume you are wearing right now, which I gave, is being worth it and lending you a helping hand.
- Let's go in, then!
- (to Uncle Harry:) *while Jerry searches the films for a movie to watch with his family members* Pretty cool, eh, Uncle Harry?
- (to Jerry:) Hey, Jerry, have you picked the moving picture?
- (to Jerry:) Oh, not to worry, cousin. Those pussycats would usually have to think twice, before they dare to reach my mouse house for another rematch. But you also got a point. I think I better order a mouse hole, cause there was a strong wind that nearly ruined it. So yeah...
- (to Jerry:) There, there, cousin. I know what you are thinking. You are my cousin, and cousins help each other, just like you get to take care of little Tuffy when his mom, your sister, is away. So I am more than happy to help you out without any charges.
- (to Jerry:) Oh, that's what I do in my spare time. I mostly beat up Butch and his alley gang, train and watch some home movies on the screen, and on occasional times, television programs in the living room of the house when the owners are gone.
- *seeing Jerry come out in his costume as Muscles* YAAAH!
- *taking out the costume duplication of Muscles' clothes* Ha ha ha ha ha!
- *preparing to act like Muscles with a single glare to Tom who is waiting outside his mouse hole to grab him when he comes out* Hmm...
- *looks up at Tom, signaling him to kneel before him*
- (to Muscles:) *after Muscles mistake him for being a rough duplication of his own cousin, not noticing his eye lashes yet* Huh! Mmm...
- (to Jerry and Muscles:) *entering Muscles' hole* Aloha, boy!
- (to Jerry and Muscles:) *removing his sunglasses* The one and only! Ha ha ha!
- (to Jerry:) Ohh, Jerry! What are ya doing here in your cousin Muscles' home? Pretending to be him?
- (to Muscles:)
- (to Jerry:) As long as you are alright and fine by staying with your big cousin, I'm happy, too.
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) And what a way to be back in our real world, which is the Planet Earth! So far, the first two chapters of Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball, The Adventures of Goku and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle were finished! (to Tom and Jerry:) Right, pals!
- (in the opening announcement sequence) (to the viewers:) You know for a fact, that William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, who formed Hanna-Barbera Studios, are the ones who create us all, not the Warner Brothers.
- (after Muscles throws the alley cat somewhere) Ohh, great! Muscles have beaten about more than nine cats, and nobody else can take him down yet?!
- (to Muscles:) You've won this rematch, Muscles. But you haven't got me yet! Now, we will have to think over time on what's to be done with you.
- (to Muscles:) We'll see, Muscles! Because sometime later on, or soon, you will be the famous wrestler on Earth no more! Until then, goodbye!
- (to the other alley cats:) Boys, retreat!
- (to Muscles:) Remember what I've told ya, Muscles!
- (to Jerry:) Uhh... Hello, Muscles. I'm just a kitten?
- (to Jerry:) Hey, what's the matter, Muscles? Can't you talk?
- (to Jerry:) Ohh, you had a surgery at a hospital to remove that tumor from your neck, and that you have to wait over a month before you speak again.
- (to Jerry:) I'm sorry about your current's condition. Oh, uh, could I just take a closer look at your eyes?
- (to Jerry:) Pleeease?
- *studying Jerry's eyes closely with his own, even starring at his three eye lashes above them.* Hmm... Bright as the sun. (to Jerry:) Okay, Muscles, it's done. You can continue grocery shopping now. Bye!
- (thinking:) Huh? What? What's happened? Did Muscles grow three lashes on his eyelids?
- (thinking:) So, he did have eyelashes! I must tell Butch and the others about this!
- (off-screen) *after ringing Muscles' doorbell, believing that Muscles is inside his hole* Muscles! You got a letter!
Other Alley Cats
Alley Cat A
- Ah! Mommy!
- (to Muscles:) No, please. No!
Alley Cat B
- (in flashback:) *seeing Jerry in his costume, thinking he is Muscles* AHHHHHH! It's him!
Alley Cat C
- (in flashback:) Don't kill me, please!
Alley Cat D
- (in flashback:) Let's get out of here!
The Characters' Pre-Show Announcement
(The sequence began with some 2D animated red curtains blocking the black background. The words "And now, your host, Tuffy!" appear in the center of the screen, and by then, the drums and trumpets are heard playing the 1937 Warner Bros. Pictures fanfare, which is also used as a background theme for Warner Home Video's second logo which ran from December 1985 to March 1999. All of us are heard clapping with our excited cheering. With the music continue playing into the end, the words fade away, and the curtains open themselves, revealing Tuffy standing in the center with his back facing us. Just then, the diaper-wearing gray move slowly turned around to see us. When the music was done, Tuffy smiled and waved his hands at us.)
Tuffy: Hi, everybody! Miss me?
(We clapped and cheered as Tom, Jerry, Uncle Harry, Muscles, and Butch appeared on the screen, stopping behind Tuffy together with smiles on their faces.)
Muscles: *smiling* They must have surely missed all of us, after watching us in Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, the second chapter of Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball.
(Butch then starts jumping happily)
Butch: And what a way to be back in our real world, which is the Planet Earth! So far, the first two chapters of Tom and Jerry in Dragon Ball, The Adventures of Goku and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle were finished! *looks at Tom and Jerry* Right, pals!