|Metal Gear Solid|
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PS5)
Xbox Series X
|Release date(s)||Worldwide: October 2021|
Metal Gear Solid is a 2021 open world stealth action-adventure video game developed by Bluepoint Games (which previously worked on the remakes of Shadow of the Colossus and Demon's Souls for more advanced platforms) and published by Konami (alongside Sony Interactive Entertainment) for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Microsoft Windows (via Steam). It is a remake of the original game released on PlayStation in 1998, developed under Hideo Kojima's supervision and utilizes the updated Fox Engine, which was previously used in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes.
- A gameplay with updated and as well as more Hollywood-quality graphics and refined, but more accessible controls similar to that of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's.
- A majority of voice actors for the franchise such as Akio Otsuka/David Hayter (Solid Snake), Kaneto Shiozawa/Greg Eagles (Gray Fox) and Banjou Ginga/Cam Clarke (Liquid Snake) will return in addition to featuring Tesshou Genda/Jamieson Price as the Narrator.
- A new, expansive open world, which allows Snake to traverse through the entire Shadow Moses Island for side missions throughout the game, etc.
- A Combat System that's accessible and competent enough for Everyone to use.
- Alternate Outfits (including interesting scrapped Designs) are included in which a majority of them are Unlockable Content.
- The VR training mode (from the original game) returns with all 300 stages along with some new ones.
- New DLC packs consists of two scenarios based on the two original MSX2 games (acting as a prequel to the main scenario and for the scenarios based on these games, there would be differences and changes).
- Like in MediEvil, completing the game at 100% progression will allow the player to play an original PlayStation version; similarly allowing for Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on MSX2 upon completing the DLC scenarios respectively.
- The Game is dedicated to the late Takeshi Anno.