|Based on|| Martin Mystère|
by Alfredo Castelli
2003 series by
|Developed by||Jhonen Vasquez|
|Voices of|| Lucas Cruikshank|
Victory Van Tuyl
| Country of|
|No. of episodes||26|
| Fred Seibert|
|Distributor|| Viacom Media|
Martin Mystery is an upcoming American animated television series produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio and Frederator Studios , It is based on the 1982 comic book series Martin Mystère by Alfredo Castelli and an adpatation/re-imagining of the French-Canadian 2003 animated television series of the same name.
Nickelodeon will air the series but no date has been given.
Cast and Characters
Characters and their roles in the series were revealed although some their names and traits were changed or remained from the comics or the 2003 series.
- Lucas Cruikshank as Martin Mystery - A fun loving, underachieving, flirtacious 17-year-old boy with an infinity for monsters, collecting unusual objects and the paranormal, he is a paranormal investigator for "The Center" and as an agent, he has proven that he is clever and a quick thinker.
- Cruikshank will also voice Billy - A tiny green alien who idolizes Martin. He is one of The Center's top analysts and M.O.M.'s personal secretary, often seen flying on his mini hovercraft.
- Victory Van Tuyl as Dana Lombard - A 17-year-old clean-freak, goody-goody, art historian, overachieving, and brainiac girl, she is Martin's childhood friend and fianceè (not by choice, because of an arrangement her dad made with Martin's). She is also an agent of The Center at time she is very jumpy and squeamish.
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Java the Caveman - A 400,000-year-old caveman, is friends with both Martin and Dana.
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as M.O.M. (short for Mystery Originization Manager) - The Center's multi-tasking director who oversees the investigation of paranormal activities throughout the world.
Viacom acquired the rights to both comic book series and the 2003 series, that began fast-tracked development for both a new animated series and a live-action film.
The animated series will be a remake of the 2003 series produced through Nickelodeon Animation Studio and Frederator Studios the series will mark their eighth collaberation together. Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim) was hand picked by Fred Seibert to develop/write the series, Andy Berman star of Invade Zim will executive produce with Vasquez and Seibert. Writers, directors and other crew members from Invader Zim will be involved, Vasquez and Jeff Matsuda will be lead character designers.
Each episode will be original, remakes of episodes from the 2003 series and/or will be adapted from various horror novels from authors like Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, H. P. Lovecraft, William Peter Blatty and many others. Vasquez later announced via facebook the shows' cast Lucas Cruikshank, Victory Van Tuyl, Kevin Michael Richardson and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who will also voice direct.
Kevin Manthei composer of Vasquez's 2001 series will score the series and will incorpate most of the original show's music.