This article is rated PG, meaning it contains content that may be inappropriate for users the age of 7 and under.
Kenny’s Great Movie is a 1998 American animated comedy adventure film spin-off of the Comedy Central animated
television series South Park. The film was directed by series co-creator Trey Parker and the MGM director John Hoffman.
it was released theatrically in the United States on October 2, 1998 during the same day as the Dreamworks’ film release of Antz and is distributed by MGM Distribution Co.
- Matt Stone as Kenny McCormick / Stuart McCormick / The American Police Officer
- Trey Parker as Kevin McCormick / Geo McCarthy / Oliver the Dog
- Frank Welker as Monty the Mouth, McCormick’s family pet grey cat.
- Welker also recorded the rats and Felix’s voices.
- Mary Kay Bergman as Carol McCormick / Colleen Doris / Vixen
- Jeff Bergman as Doctor Zeke / Monty the Mouth (speaking voice) / Arthur Gerald / Tutu
- Billy West as Eddie McDoodle / Cody Simpson / Daniel Wade
- Ken Sansom as Professor Duke the 3rd, a main antagonist who kidnaps Kenny’s parents.
- Jim Cummings as Albert May / Tom Gibson / Felix (speaking role)
- Nathan Lane as Edward May, Albert’s brother.
- Michael J Fox as Roddy Edwards
- Kath Soucie as Lassie McEdward / Lady Hackney / Sabrina Daniels / Cleo
- Paul Winchell as Duke the 2nd, Professor Duke the 3rd’s minions who helps to kidnap the family.
- Tara Strong as Susan May, Kenny’s best friend who loves writing notes, who is Albert’s 9 year old sister.
- Max Wright as Thomas Kommt, a plumber who fixes the toilet.
- This is South Park’s first spin-off movie to be every rated (including PG, PG-13, R, etc.).
- This is MGM’s first animated South Park movie to be in 1998.
- The MGM variants maintains the beginning of the film which the lion is orange and the end of the film maintain it shows Kenny McCormick instead of the MGM lion.
- This film takes place in the first episode of South Park.
- Carol mentions the rated R movies which she watches the movie.
- In German version, Kenny falls into a river when there’s a log in the water in front of the bushes, due to an alternate editing error.
- In the UK version, there is an alternate scene when Kevin is talking to Stuart McCormick instead of Carol McCormick.
- In the Australian and Spanish version, Kenny and Kevin laughed at the moon where the stars shines out instead of yawning.
- In the UK version, Kenny muffles out: I’m better with blooming night, huh? as Kevin looks at the moon Instead of Kenny saying a mild language word “Hell”.
- In the UK version, there is a british mild language words instead of the original mild language words.
- In UK and German version, there is a missing scene where Kenny tries to find a cat whoever named Monty which was seen disappeared.
- In the Spanish version, there is a few shots of Kenny McCormick fixing an old television where he finds a screwdriver.
- Kenny has many flashbacks between pre-school and second grade at the beginning of the film.
- The Elton John’s Can You Feel the Love Tonight was heard when Kenny McCormick befriends with Susan May, which they had so many memories and then having fun where they become friends.
- The deleted scenes of the film that will be never made it in the movie but in film for the UK and international versions only. The scenes are:
- Monty getting kicked out by Mrs. Two Shoes (seen in the opening of the movie)
- Monty and Felix gets taken to the pound
- Monty vs the mouse
- Kenny, Felix and Monty tries to save their family.
- Kenny, Monty and Felix watching Tom and Jerry on TV
- It’s All Fun and Games with Lassie
- The extended scene of the movies
- In the German version, the shot of Felix and Monty walking down the street at the middle of the night.
Kenny’s Great Movie 2 was released theatrically on February 11, 2005 which during the same day as the Disney film release of Pooh’s Heffalump Movie. This is distributed by MGM Distribution Co.
Kenny’s Great Movie 3: Adventure With Journey was released theatrically on June 5, 2009. This is distributed by MGM Distribution Co.
Kenny's Great Movie: The Final Chapter was released theatrically on July 8, 2011. This is distributed by MGM Distribution Co.
Kenny’s Great Movie 5: Adventure To Magic Kingdom was released theatrically on May 19, 2017. This is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Kenny’s Great Movie 6: The Siege of the Starks Pond was released theatrically on October 11, 2019 which along with the 2019 animated film The Addams Family. This is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Kenny’s Great Movie 7: The Last Journey will be released theatrically on January 15, 2021. This is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Kenny's Great Movie 8: Along Came Pip is released by Warner bros in 2023 for the company's 100th anniversary
- The Family, My First Movie
- My Rats, My Bed
- My Cat, My Room
- The Family Grilling Night, My Celebration
- My New Friend
- Welcoming the May Family
- Oliver and Monty
- My Garden, My Flowers
- My Vacation Trip
- New York
- Thomas Kommt
- The Result, My Plumber Friend
- Back at Home, Missing Cat
- Pizza Party, My Dinner Routine
- My First Doctor Visit
- I Have Diarrhea, My Cat is Scared
- The Gerald Family
- Roddy Edwards, My Second Friend
- Car Ride, My First Adventure
- The Underground
- My First Fishing Trip
- My Brother Kevin
- Fixing TV
- Back at Home, My last day of summer
- My First Day of 3rd Grade.
- My Homework
- My Weekend Begins
- My Friend Eddie
- My Parents has been Kidnapped
- Kevin and I
- Finding My Parents
- The Dukes
- The Chase
- Final Battle
- Saving My Family
- Reunion, Back at Home Again
October 2, 1998
Mark Mothersbaugh (score)