Imaginationland: The Final Chapter is the live-action/animation hybird epic action comedy-drama film and the final sequel to Imaginationland, Imaginationland 2. and Imaginationland 3. It realesed in theathers on December 1, 2023. The Blu Ray and DVD on January 12, 2024. The film is directed by: TBA
- 1 Synoposis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Soundtrack
- 5 Short Film
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Director's cut
- 8 Home media
- 9 Reception
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Troops
- 12 Transcript
After the events of the third film, the kids and the survived good characters attempt to reverse the damage caused by Thanos and SMG3.
- Trey Parker as Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Randy Marsh, Clyde Donovan, Jimmy Valmer, Timmy Burch
- Matt Stone as Kyle Broflovski, Kenny McCormick, Butters Stotch, Craig Tucker
- Mona Marshall as Sheila Broflovski, Linda Stotch
- Jacob Tremblay as Max (Good Boys)
- Finn Wolfhard as Richie Tozier, Mike Wheeler, Pugsley Addams
- Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven
- Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Kasbrak, Freddy Freeman
- Julian Dennison as Solomon, Kevin, Firefist, Pierce
- Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown, Otis Copeland, Kai, Abe, Will Byers
- April Stewart as Wendy Testaburger, Sharon Marsh, Shelly Marsh
- John DiMaggio as Bender, Jake, Mr. Grouse, King Zog
- Brandy Noon as Thor (Good Boys)
- Keith L. Williams as Lucas (Goodboys)
- Gabriel Iglesias as The Mayor of Imaginationland, Cuatro
- Dan Castalaneta as Homer Simpson, Earthworm Jim, Barney Gumble, Abraham Simpson, Krusty the Clown, Groundskeeper Willie, Sideshow Mel, Arnie Pye, Mayor Quimby, Rich Texan, Mr. Teeny, Kodos, Santa's Little Helper, Hans Moleman, Gil Gunderson, Squeaky-Voiced Teen
- Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson, Patty & Selma Bouvier
- Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson, Maggie Simpson, Kearney, Lewis Clark, Rod and Todd Flanders, Database, Nelson Muntz
- Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson, Abby Hatcher
- Hank Azaria as Moe Szyslak, Comic Book Guy, Superintendent Chalmers, Disco Stu, Legs, Dr. Nick Riviera, Apu Nahapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, Carl Carlson, Cletus Spuckler, Drederick Tatum, Coach Krupt, Bumblebee Man, Prof. Frink, Kirk Van Houten, Old Jewish Man
- Harry Shearer as Mr. Burns, Eddie, Otto Mann, Jasper Beardley, Kent Brockman, Waylon Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Judge Snyder, Kang, Dr. Hibbert, Principal Skinner, Sanjay Nahapeemapetilon, Dewey Largo
- Natasha Lyonne as Sophie Krustofsky
- Warwick Davis as King Lollipop
- Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Glenn Quagmire, Tom Tucker, Carter Pewterschmidt, Elmer Hartman, Ted, Stan Smith, Mike
- Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin, Miss Ungermeyer, Helen Bennett, Mrs. Henscher, Tricia Takanawa, Barbara Pewterschmidt, Vera
- Patrick Warburton as Joe Swanson
- Seth Green as Chris Griffin, Neil Goldman
- Mila Kunis as Meg Griffin
- H. Jon Benjamin as Bob Belcher, Carl
- Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown, Cleveland Brown, Jr., Bruce, Consuela, Herbert
- Patrick Stewart as Avery Bullock
- Harrison Ford as Rooster
- Dana Snyder as Master Shake, Granny Cuyler
- Jarrett Bruno as Lucas the Dalmatian
- Lina Renna as Lili the Puddle, Anabelle (Good Boys)
- Tom Skerritt as Pedro the Beagle
- Chris Pratt as Koda the Siberian Husky, Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Emmett Brickowski, Barley Lightfoot
- Leslie Jones as Suki the Newfoundland
- Will Smith as Agent J, Genie, Lance Sterling, Oscar
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Walter Beckett, Ian Lightfoot
- Octavia Spencer as Corey the Manticore
- Conan O'Brien as Clarence
- Tom Kenny as H.U.E.
- Tika Sumpter as Quinn Ergon
- Will Arnett as TTG Slade, BoJack Horseman, Surly
- Ben Mendelsohn as Killian, King K. Rool, Orson Krennic, Andrew 'Pope' Cody, Daggett, Sorrento, Talos
- Rashida Jones as Marcy Kappel, Donna Who
- Karen Gillan as Eyes, Nebula
- DJ Khaled as Ears
- Masi Oka as Katsu Kimura
- Reba McEntire as Joy Jenkins
- Rachel Brosnahan as Wendy Beckett, Princess Chloe, Rachel Posner, Miriam 'Midge' Maisel, Jessica Kensky, Bea Hansen
- John C. Reily as Wreck-It Ralph, Eddie
- Eddie Murphy as Donkey, Mushu
- Ryan Reynolds as Detective Pikachu
- Zachari Levi as Shazam, Chuck Bartowski, Flynn Rider, Fandral
- Oscar Isaac as Gomez Addams, Nathan, Llewyn Davis, Abel Morales, Poe Dameron, Interesting Person #1
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Smaug, Dormammu, The Grinch
- Brie Larson as Carol Denvers/Captain Marvel
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Samantha, Charlotte, Rebecca, Ash, Rosie, Nicole
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Frozone
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- Nick Kroll as Uncle Fester, Sergei, Maury the Hormone Monster, Douche, Gunter, Jake, Ruxin, Nick Birch, Lola Skumpy, Coach Steve, Mr. Desanto, Professor Poopypants
- Jenny Slate as Missy Foreman-Greenwald, Bellwether
- Maya Rudolph as Connie the Hormone Monstress
- Jordan Peele as Ghost of Duke Ellington
- Jackie Chan as himself
- Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime
- Keanu Reeves as John Wick
- Jim Carrey as Horton the Elephant
- Howie Mandel as Bobby Generic, Howard Generic
- Fred Tatasciore as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Corey Jones as Tombstone
- Jason Spisak as Mac Gargan/Scorpion
- Josh Keaton as Electro
- Dave B. Mitchell as Shocker
- Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom
- J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
- William Salyers as Dr. Otto Octavius
- Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet
- John Travolta as Bolt
- Miley Cyrus as Penny
- Sussie Essman as Mittens
- Mark Walton as Rhino
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Do You Realize? - Ursine Vulpine
Theatrical Trailer 1
- Clair de Lune - Imagine Music
Theatrical Trailer 2
- Expansion of the World - Really Slow Motion & Giant Apes
Theatrical and Final Trailer
- Shang-Chi Trailer Song
- Hurt - Nine Inch Nails
- Over the Mountain (Across the Sea) - Bobby Vinton
- The Air That I Breathe - The Hollies
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Harry James and Helen Forrest
- Barracuda - Heart
- Heroes - David Bowie (ending song)
- Cruel World - Joshua Homme
- Red - Daniel Lanois
- Mountain Hymn - Rhiannon Giddens
- Table Top - Daniel Lanois
- Love Come Back - Daniel Lanois
- The Rage - Kid Cudi
- Reach for the Stars - S Club 7
Shrek the Halls (2007)
The voice cast appeared at the 2021 San Diego Comic-Con International to announce the movie and present a clip highlighting live action/animation hybird films, along with footage from Imaginationland 4, which is done entirely in storyboards. The footage, which was screened exclusively for the panel, received strong audience reaction with traditional animation fans "literally jumping on the floor once the footage played." In October 2021, the first clip was released on YouTube for one day only.
Trailers and TV Spots
- The first teaser trailer was released on Febraury 2023 and was shown before TBA. A "teaser reaction" video, introducing the new characters, voiced by Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson and Abby Hatcher, Keegan-Michael Key as Ducky, Jordan Peele as Bunny and Ghost of Duke Ellington, Chris Pine as Dipper, Snoop Dogg as himself, and Kristen Schaal as Mabel and Louise Belcher was released the following day.
- A sneak peek of the movie (featuring the directors) will be released on home media releases of TBA
- An exclusive extended trailer will be released at the D23 Expo in August 2022.
- The second teaser trailer was released on June 2023 and was shown before TBA. It was also shown after TBA and on Sunday, June 29th, 2023 on Comedy Central during South Park.
- The first theatrical trailer will be released on September 5, 2023 on Comedy Central during South Park and was shown before TBA. A trailer reaction video featuring select guest actors from the film will be released the following day.
- To promote the 3D technology that is utilized in this film, a 3D trailer was shown during Super Bowl LVII. Early TV spots for the film were also aired during the game.
- The second and last theatrical trailer will be released Sunday, November 10th, 2023 on Nick during The Loud House and Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty, and will be shown before TBA.
- TV spots will begin airing in November 2023.
Imaginationland 4/Director's cut
Imaginationland 4/Home media
To be added...
On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 94% based on 235 reviews, with an average score of 9/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Imaginationland 4 expands upon the titular character's world with fluid animation, great characters, a spectacular voice cast, and slick writing that will make some of today's animated movies look pedestrian." On Metacritic, the film holds a weighted average score of 90 out of 100, based on 30 critics, indicating "universal acclaim". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film a rare grade of "A+" on an A+ to F scale.
Ken Jaworowski of Time Magazine praised the cast, and described them as having "elevated their vocal work to a craft that goes way beyond simple line readings". Lisa Schwarzbaum of Entertainment Weekly gave the film a rare "A+" grade and applauded the film's creative team for "upholding the bars of traditional animation". Kirk Honeycutt of The Hollywood Reporter praised the directors for "rediscovering hand-drawn traditional animation" and for "a funny yet daring journey for the characters". Honeycutt also stated that the movie "tackled dark themes better than Wonder Park." Andrew Barker of Variety praised the film for "being downright funny and adventurous". Although he felt the film was too long and the 3D elements were bugging him, he said the film would prove "popular among kids and adults alike." Elizabeth Weitzman of the New York Daily News gave the film five out of five stars, saying "The spirit of traditional animation remains true to its source. In other words, it's cheerfully random and spectacular."
The Los Angeles Times gave the film a positive review claiming that "It is clever, ridiculous, and ageless." Nicolas Rapold of The New York Times also gave the film a positive review saying that "somewhere in the film's colorful imagery, fresh animation, and well-balanced script, we might begin to realize that we’re watching a terrifying satire about the ways that a life without imagination makes monsters of us all". IGN gave the film a 9.5 out of 10 "Amazing" score, saying that "The colorful action and adventure should delight children, but the smart and humorous script makes it definitely appealing to grown-ups."
To be added...
- This is the movie that is going to be a movie in live-action/animation hybird, as in other movies such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Omosis Jones, The Pagemaster, Imaginationland 2, Imaginationland 3, and Tom & Jerry (2021).
- Music scores from Finding Nemo, Cats Don't Dance, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, The Pagemaster, King Kong, Omosis Jones, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run, The Lion King (2019), Zack Snyder's Justice League, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Red Dead Redemption II, The Last of Us Part II, the Harry Potter franchise, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Space Jam: A New Legacy, Godzilla vs. Kong, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Rio are used throughout the film.
- While the characters from The Simpsons, American Dad!, Rick and Morty, Shrek, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, Looney Tunes, Kirby, The Loud House, Stranger Things, Teen Titans Go!, Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Sesame Street, Pokemon (anime), Doggy Day School, Final Space, Disenchantment, Big Mouth, Transformers, Sonic the Hedgehog, SpongeBob SquarePants, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, etc. remain.
- Abby Hatcher will appear the movie of the first time joining up with the survived good characters.
- This is the only movie without any musical numbers and the final chapter of the series.
- In the final battle, the restored good characters from their own shows, movies, video game franchises, and alternate universes come out of the portals to fight all of the evil characters, similar to Endgame.
- The ending scene where all of the kids and the survived good characters celebrate with the restored good characters and have a montage during their reunion and the survived evil kings and characters locked behind bars will be similar to the ending of A Regular Epic Final Battle - Part 3.
- In the epilogue, Harry and Cho reconcile together as they have a slow dance together.
- Affectionate Parody: TBA
- Animation Bump: TBA
- Shout-Out: TBA