Heihachi Mishima (三島 平八 Mishima Heihachi?) is one of the main characters in the Tekken series and making his playable (and major aside with his minor appearances in addition to him as a Mii Costume) debut in the Super Smash Bros. (Great Fray Smash Bros. in Japan) franchise after being planned but scrapped to be a playable fighter for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (Great Fray Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U in Japan) as a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Great Fray Smash Bros. Special in Japan) DLC Fighter.
- 1 Moveset
- 2 Entrance/On-Screen Appearance
- 3 Taunts
- 4 Idle Animations
- 5 Victory Poses
- 6 Stages
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Kirby Hat
- 9 Alternate Costumes
- 10 Mii Costumes
Heihachi is a slow, but yet powerful character who can use several of his quicker moves for faster mobility to help him maneuver extremely fast across the stage.
Instead of rolling, Heihachi performs his Shadow Step and Sidestep when going backwards and forwards respectively.
Like Ryu, Ken and Terry, Heiachi is capable of facing the opponent during one-on-one battles, automatically turning at them and allowing him to perform his Forward/Back Tilts and Specials.
He also has command inputs to use stronger variations of his Special Moves and even shock opponents with lightning similarly like Pikachu's attacks and Ness' PK Thunder.
When reaching 100% damage, Heihachi will surround himself in a red aura and enter into a Rage state, which makes himself more powerful and allows him to perform an additional special move called Rage Drive (see below) similar to Terry's Super Special Moves for a short period of time.
- Neutral Combo: Flash Punch Combo - Heihachi punches twice with his right fist and then finishes with his left fist.
- Forward Tilt: Chrome Dome - Heihachi steps forward and does a headbutt.
- Back Tilt: Lightning Hammer - Heihachi raises his fist into the air while channeling lightning and then slams forward to perform a hammer punch. A rather slow, but strong electrocuting attack.
- Up Tilt: Tsunami Kick - Heihachi slightly hops and performs an axe kick, hitting twice; once when he raises his leg and a second time when an actual kick is executed.
- Down Tilt: Geta Stomp - Heihachi stomps the ground right below him, dealing high damage to opponent directly in-front of him and even higher when they lie on the ground.
- Down-Forward Tilt (↘): Crouching Dragon Kick - Heihachi performs a low-positioned, forward kick.
- Dash Attack: Running Attack - Heihachi performs a shoulder tackle while running.
- Side Smash: Demon's Wings - Heihachi charges up as he quickly folds out both of his arms and upon release, then steps forward as he spreads them, resulting in a punch in both directions.
- Up Smash: Demon Uppercut - Heihachi crouches down as he charges up and then performs a powerful uppercut with his right arm.
- Down Smash: Battering Ram - Heihachi charges himself with electricity and then uses his right arm to strike the ground with an earthquake-like shockwave. Causes a lot of damage and has a hitbox that extends on the ground beyond the impact point of his fist.
- Neutral Air: Jump Punch - Heihachi does a straight-forward punch while in the air similar to Ryu's and Ken's.
- Forward Air: Hell Axle - Heihachi performs an aerial leap kick with his left foot, followed by an aerial roundhouse kick with his right foot. Hits an opponent up to two consecutive times.
- Back Air: Wind Slicer - Heihachi kicks backwards in the air with his left leg sprawled out.
- Up Air: Upwards Kick - Heihachi simply performs an upwards kick similar to his Up Tilt, except that he only kicks once.
- Down Air: Downwards Punch - Heihachi punches directly downwards with his left fist, meteor-smashing opponents at a sweet-spot. Same as Terry's Down Air.
- Grab - Heihachi reaches out with both hands.
- Pummel: Neckbreaker - Heihachi slightly noogies the opponent's head with electricity.
- Forward Throw: Stonehead - Heihachi holds the opponent as he steps backwards and then performs a powerful headbutt, which sends them flying forward.
- Back Throw: Broken Toy - Heihachi grabs the opponent by their neck with his left hand and then performs a long distance turn-around throw backwards.
- Up Throw: Jumping Powerbomb - Heihachi flips the opponent upside-down as he leaps into the air and slams them down, making them bounce off up into the air.
- Down Throw: Freefall - Heihachi lifts the opponent above his head with one hand and then slams them face-first into the ground.
- Get-Up Attack: Iron Hand - While rising from the ground, Heihachi quickly performs a powerful attack with an open palm.
- Ledge Attack: Demon Scissors - Heihachi does a somersault attack while recovering from a ledge.
- Neutral Special: Demon Breath -
- Neutral Special (while in Rage): Rage Drive - TBA. This move can only be used once per stock and when used, it will immediately wear off the state and revert Heihachi back to normal.
- Forward Special: Crouch Dash -
- Neutral B: Wind God Fist/Electric Wind God Fist - Heihachi does an uppercut while stepping forward. Inputting (→ ↓ ↘ + attack/A) will make Heihachi electrify his fist and perform a stronger uppercut that deals more damage.
- Side B: Jumping Mid Kick - While stepping forward, Heihachi jumps and then performs an aerial forward kick.
- Down B: Hell Sweep + Spinning Demon - Heihachi quickly spins forward three times around himself on the ground with his leg stretched out as he kicks opponents.
- Back Special: Heaven's Wrath - TBA. It works as a counter move.
- Up Special: Dragon Uppercut/Omen Thunder God Fist - TBA. Inputting (→ ↓ ↘ + special/B) will make Heihachi surround himself with electricity while doing an uppercut, doing more damage and shocking opponents similarly like Pikachu's attacks.
- Down Special: Raijin Stance -
- Neutral B: Lightning Bolt -
- Side B: Raijin's Wrath -
- Up B: Fusatsujin Hasaiken -
- Final Smashes:
- Rage Art - If Heihachi is standing close to an opponent, he will slam his foot down and proceed to punch an opponent. When hit, he will perform a very powerful combo from Tekken 7 before launching them into the air and then does a stronger version of Heaven's Wrath while surrounded by a stormy aura as energy spreads out of his palms. The move does 5 hits, changing the camera angle for each hit.
- Blast Off! - If Heihachi is not right next to an opponent, he will summon a rocket which traps in multiple opponents by strapping them on it similarly like Rosalina's Final Smash. A cinematic occurs as Heihachi watches opponents attached on a rocket with binoculars as it flies off, laughing maniacally. This is inspired by his Level 3 Super move in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which in turn is based off of his ending in Tekken 5.
Hidden Input Move
- 10-Hit Combo (↘ ↓ ↑ → ← ↑ ← ↑ + attack/special) - Heihachi performs his signature 10-hit combo from the Tekken games by performing Demon Slayer (a flurry of punches which consists of a left-right punch and a high backfist), followed by a straight left kick, an axe kick, a low right kick, two left-right uppercuts, and then finishing the combo with a Dragon Uppercut.
- Up: Heihachi stands up as he puts both of his arms at sides of his body and maniacally laughs. Comes from Violet's ending in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Side: Heihachi crosses his arms and says "Do you think you're tougher than me?"
- Down: Auger - Lightning flows throughout Heihachi's body for a second as he performs a slight pose. Based on the taunt directly taken from the Tekken games.
- Heihachi crosses his arms and looks angrily at the camera.
A remix of the victory theme, which plays when a Tekken character wins in Street Fighter X Tekken, likely shared with other Tekken reps such as Jin Kazama.
Just like Jin's, much of the content from the franchise he originated appears for the Stages.
Originating from Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, it takes place in the Top of a Building at Night, albeit with revamped and updated visuals.
Originating from Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (albeit with revamped and updated visuals), it takes place in a desert stage in the sunset with giant rocks everywhere surrounding the fighters. A farmhouse can also be seen in this stage.
Brimstone and Fire
Originating from Tekken 7, this stage is nearly identical to Precipice of Fate in terms of layout, being an open rock clearing in a mountainous region with rock walls forming the boundaries of the stage. However, unlike that stage, Brimstone & Fire is set in the midst of active volcanic eruptions with sprays of molten rock and falling volcanic debris seen throughout the background.
Also originating from Tekken 7 in which is also where the Heihachi vs. Kazumi fight takes place, in a very volcanic region full of craggy rock formations and lava seeping out of the ground. Volcanic ash and smoke can be seen billowing out of the craters throughout the background.
The first part of the battle begins atop a rock clearing and is a walled area. Once one fighter reaches their match point, the ground gives way and drops the fighters down to the ground level of the area, where the battle continues in an endless stretch. More of the volcanic region can be observed in the infinite portion of the stage. This is the only stage that came from Tekken 7 for the Game that features two distinct stage layouts that automatically transition.
- “I'll be quick with your death!”
- "I'll squash you like a bug!”
- "Who are you fools?”
- "Do you think you're tougher than me?"
- "Shall we begin?"
- "Show me what you've got."
- "I AM THE KING OF THE IRON FIST TOURNAMENT, HEIHACHI MISHIMA!!!!" (Referencing the late Daisuke Gori and Unshō Ishizuka's voice roles of Sakigake!!! Otokojuku's Heihachi Edajima with his iconic and memetic catchphrase)
Quotes Against Everyone Else
- “I always have respect for ladies, but you are an expectation.” (Vs. Every Girl/Woman with a few exceptions such as Isabelle)
- "It seems those Jack robots have been given bigger improvements; but you’ll break just as easily!" (Vs. Samus/Dark Samus/Mega Man/R.O.B.)
- "Heh, so you are the fighter I’ve been hearing about." (Vs. Ryu/Ken/Mii Brawler)
- "Who sent you? G Cooperation? Rebels of the Mishima Zaibatsu? YOU WILL ANSWER IN A FIGHT BETWEEN ALL OF US FOR THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!" (Vs. Isabelle/Solid Snake)
- "For an unusual creature like you lack manners! Kuma is a better creature than you anyway!” (Vs. Kirby)
- "If you don't want me to stick my slippers into that fat mouth of yours, you better shut up!" (Vs. King Dedede)
- "Against the Mishima fighting style, your lightning attacks have no chance of success." (Vs. Pikachu)
- "The more I listen to one of your Women's Advices, the more chances I would help you defeat the Bad Guys with Supernatural powers." (Vs. Pit/the Belmonts/Link/Marth/Ike/Chrom)
- "Come to seek vengeance upon me? Fools tell me that so often I lost count how many times I heard that.” (Vs. Bowser/Ganondorf)
- "Just what do you think you are doing lady?" (Vs. Zelda/Lucina/Female Corrin/Female Robin/Female Byleth/Daisy)
- "Plumber, we'll see on WHO CAN SAVE THE PRINCESS FROM A TURTLE WHO BREATHES FIRE LIKE A DRAGON!!!!" (Vs. Mario)
- "This isn't the first time I fought a speedy competitor." (Vs. Captain Falcon/Sonic)
- "Come back when you're ready to fight.”
- "Hyahaha! That felt good. Next!”
- "No one can defeat me!”
- "You're not as tough as you talk!"
- "I'm not called the King of Iron Fist for nothing!"
- "Come back and face me in the next life!"
- "You can regret opposing me in the Underworld, AGAIN!!!!"
- "That's right, Mishima Style Fighting Karate is unstoppable!"
- "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That felt great!"
Kirby's hat is based on his hair (both in his Young and Old/Elderly appearances).
- Lili Rochefort (Tekken)
- Kuma (Tekken)
- King (Tekken)
- Jack (Tekken)
- Lars (Tekken)