Hammer and Sickle is a Japanese-American action-thriller video game. It is developed by Crystal Dynamics and published by Square Enix, being released for PC, Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 9th, 2015.
Set in a world where communist Russia invaded America and succeeded, the newly conquered America begins creating experimental super soldiers as a member of the resistance disguises herself as a Russian soldier to dismantle all of the Soviet's control secretly.
- Joana Marshall/Ivanna Karinoff (voiced by Kath Soucie) - a rebellious American resistance member who infiltrates as a Russian soldier to hopefully free America from the reign of the Soviets.
- Michael Hardwick (voiced by Josh Keaton) - Joana's fierce and TBD fiancé who is the leader of the resistance and is out to stop the TBD.
- Victor "Squints" Malones (voiced by Troy Baker) - a TBD former boxer who TBD.
- The Soviet Union, consisting of:
- President Katrina Stillis (voiced by Jill Talley) - the TBD President of the United States who is a puppet to the Sovied Union as TBD.
- Supreme General Ivan Rabinovich (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - a ruthless Soviet general who is willing to corrupt anyone who opposes the Soviet Union's ideas by using experimental machines and devices.
- Valeriya Svetch (voiced by Tara Strong) - Ivan's seductive but vicious secretary who opposes anyone against the Soviet empire.
- Dr. Sergei Kruschoff (voiced by Daran Norris) - a Soviet scientist who has a creepy obsession for surgery and often does nightmarish experiments TBD.
The game is an open world game primarily set in three different cities (Washington D.C., New Orleans and Houston) that you are able to fast travel through via either airports or sewer holes. The game primarily focuses on the ability to switch between two identities, usually in small booths spread across all three of the cities. While under the Soviet disguise, she has to do missions from the Soviets at times to keep her identity as an American a secret. Both forms has a complete different gameplay style as being Joana involves shooting guns and killing soviets while pretending to be Ivanna you don't use guns and instead use melee weapons since she doesn't want to kill resistance members.
The game begins in a prison camp in D.C. as a woman named Joana Marshall wakes up after getting into a violent protest against the military. A group of soldiers then come to beat her up as she fights back, killing the guards, and then taking the identity of one of them, Ivanna Karinoff. She then TBD.