Godzilla (ゴジラ, Gojira) is a 2028 Japanese science fiction kaiju film featuring Godzilla, produced and distributed by Toho. A remake of the 1954 film of the same name, it stars TBA, TBA, TBA & TBA.
Godzilla was released in Japan on October 14, 2028 and released worldwide on October 22, 2028 and grossed ¥194 million during its theatrical run.
The film received critical acclaim, praising it's acting, special effects, score and faithfulness to the 1954 original, it is widely considered by fans to be better than the original 1954 film.
Main Article: Godzilla: Battle of the next generation
The Extended Cut
In 2029, Toho and Warner Bros. released an extended version of the film on home media titled The Extended Cut. It added ?? minutes of extended deleted footage, stretching the original 150 minute runtime to ??? minutes.
- The beginning scene, which shown a montage of Godzilla's origins was stretched from 2 minutes to almost 4 minutes.
- The destruction of the Eiko-Maru is slightly longer.
- The research party on Odo Island is stretched from 12 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Dr. Yamane's presentation is stretched from 5 minutes to 9 minutes.
- The scene where Serizawa tells Emiko about the Oxygen Destroyer is stretched from 4 minutes to 6 minutes.
- Godzilla's screentime was stretched from 45 minutes to a full hour.
- One of the shots where Godzilla wrecks a railway train is stretched from one minute to two minutes.
- A scene where Godzilla swooshes his tail into a building is added.
- A scene where Godzilla stomps on a tank is added.
- The climax is stretched from 7 minutes to a full 10 minutes.
The Americanized CutThe same year, an edited version based solely on the 1956 Americanized cut of the original 1954 film on home media called The Americanized Cut. The film played out to feel like a remake of the 1956 Americanization.
- The film's incarnation of Godzilla shares the same roar as the 2014 Godzilla.
Potential Godzilla Designs
For this, you get to decide which Godzilla design best fits this movie...