Gamera: The Animated Series is a Japanese/American computer animated series based on the Gamera film series. It first aired on Tokyo TV in Japan and premiered on Nickelodeon in the United States on January 27, 2018. The show is produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studios.
After years being a star on the big screen, Gamera is back in an all new animated series for the first time, bringing his other Kaiju co-stars with him.
The show is centered around Gamera, a giant prehistoric turtle that's been frozen in the Arctic for millions of years, has reappeared in the 21th century to protect the Earth from the threats of giant monsters and evil aliens.
- Virasians - a race of squid aliens.
- Gamera - a giant flying prehistoric turtle.
- Toto - Gamera's son.
- Gyaos - a giant vampire bat-like monster and Gamera's archenemy.
- Barugon - a giant ancient lizard from New Guinea.
- Viras - a giant squid monster and the ruler of the Virasians.
- Jiger - a giant ancient lizard.
- Zigra - a giant alien fish and an enemy of Gamera.
- Legion - an alien race of silicon based creatures from outer space.
- Irys - an ancient monster and a subspecies of the Gyaos.
- Daimajin - a giant living statue.
The show's animation is the same as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 TV series.
- This show is the first television show in the Gamera franchise.
- In this show's universe, Gamera goes back into his original origin as a giant prehistoric turtle frozen in the ice.