After Freddy and Jason's battle, the two were destroyed, but now they're back, and Freddy wants revenge on the hockey mask killer, when reporter Joey Summerskill encounters them, she is terrified, but then she finds the lament configuration, where Pinhead comes to take her soul, but she makes a deal with Pinhead, to trade Freddy and Jason's souls in exchange for her own, Pinhead excepts her deal, and the three way battle of terror begins, can Freddy or Jason be victorious, or will Pinhead destroy them both?
- Robert England as Freddy Krueger
- Ken Kerzinger as Jason Voorhees
- Doug Bradley as Pinhead
- Terry Farrell as Joey Summerskill
- Directed by Ronny Yu and Clive Barker
- Produced by Clive Barker
- Executive producers Robert Shaye and Sean S. Cunningham
- Based on the characters created by Wes Craven (Freddy, A Nightmare on Elm Street), Victor Miller (Jason, Friday the 13th), and Clive Barker (Pinhead, Hellraiser).
After the success of the first film, fans where begging for a sequel, but they wanted a third villain, Pinhead was chosen because he is a popular villain, and he was originally going to be in the first film, but was cut out due to Pinhead being from Dimension films, however, in 2014, Dimension finally teamed up with New Line Cinema to make this film happen.
- This will be the first horror film crossover to feature Pinhead.
- This is Joey Summerskill's first appearance since Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth.
- Pinhead was originally going to be in Freddy vs. Jason.