Five Nights at Freddy's (Film) - This is a new horror film based on the very popular horror franchise Five Nights at Freddy's, created by Blumhouse Productions, and also released in 2022 in all cinemas around the world. Film director: Chris Columbus.
The action will take place in a children's and family restaurant called: "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" where animal animatronics named Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy entertain children during the day. Everything was fine until 5 children disappeared from the pizzeria. The main suspect is William Afton. Later, Michael Schmidt gets to work at the pizzeria for five nights. But animatronics will hunt him.
- Martin Freeman as Mike Schmidt - The night guard at the pizzeria and the main character of the film.
- Willem Dafoe as William Afton - The one who is guilty of missing 5 children in the pizzeria and the villain of the film.
- Scott Cawthon as Phone Guy - Helps Mike throughout most of the film. One of the positives in the film.
- Jeffrey Wright as Henry Emily - William's old friend and partner. Appears only at the beginning and middle of the movie. One of the positive ones.
- Frank Walker as The Pizzeria Manager - The pizzeria manager in the film. New character in the FNaF universe. Appears only at the beginning of the movie.
- Tom Holland as Finn the Janitor - Another new character in the entire FNaF universe. He is a janitor in a pizzeria.
- TBD as Ghost of Cessedy Afton - The regular Cessedy appears during the Bite of 87 flashback. His ghost also appears in the post-credits scene near Golden Freddy.
- Freddy Fazbear - Without voice.
- Bonnie the Bunny - Without voice.
- Chica the Chicken - Without voice.
- Foxy the Pirate - Without voice.
- Golden Freddy/Fredbear - Nathan Gamble.
- SpringBonnie - Frank Walker.
- The Puppet - Without voice.
Warner Bros. Pictures announced in April 2015 that it had acquired the series' film rights, with Roy Lee, David Katzenberg, and Seth Grahame-Smith scheduled to produce. Grahame-Smith said that they would collaborate with Cawthon "to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie". In July 2015, Gil Kenan signed to direct the adaptation and co-write it with Tyler Burton Smith.
In January 2017, Cawthon said that due to "problems within the movie industry as a whole", the film "was met with several delays and roadblocks" and was "back at square one". He promised "to be involved with the movie from day one this time, and that's something extremely important to me. I want this movie to be something that I'm excited for the fanbase to see." Cawthon tweeted a picture of a chair with the name "Freddy" with the Blumhouse Productions logo in March of that year, implying that the film has a new production company. Producer Jason Blum confirmed the news two months later, saying that he was excited about working closely with Cawthon on the adaptation. In June 2017, Kenan said that he was no longer directing the film after Warner Bros. Pictures' turnaround. It was announced in February 2018 that Chris Columbus would direct and write the film, also producing it with Blum and Cawthon.
In August 2018, Cawthon announced that the script's first draft (involving the events of the first game) was completed and a second and third film were possible. That month, Blum tweeted that the film was planned for a 2020 release. In November 2018, Cawthon announced that the film's script had been scrapped and the film would be further delayed. On September 2019, the script for the movie has been confirmed to be finished. In June 2020, Blum said in an interview that the film is in super active development, and that it's moving rapidly forward, but that he doesn't want to put a timeline on it.. In November 2020, Cawthon stated in a reddit post that the screenplay had been chosen and that filming will start in Spring 2021. Included was a list of scrapped screenplays with a small description of each and why they were ultimately eliminated.
Within it's first week of release, Five Nights at Freddy's gained positive acclaim by both critics and audiences and has received an 98% rating score on Rotten Tomatoes as the consensus says "Five Nights at Freddy's is not only the first video game movie to ever be cool and good, but also, the first to begin in cinema." This movie also has a 100% rating on Metacritic. The film was given a Best Addaptation nomination during the Oscar Awards of 2022. It also received a rating of 10/10 on IMDB, and a 4/5 on Common Sense Media.
- Oscar 2022
- Oscar 2023
- Oscar 2024
- Oscar 2025
- Annie Awards 2022
- Annie Awards 2023
In 2025, a sequel to the film was released, based on the second part of the FNaF series of games. And in 2028 the final film based on the third part of the series of games will be released. These two films will also be filmed by Blumhouse Productions and directed by Chris Columbus.
- The film introduces 2 new characters for the entire FNaF universe. The Pizzeria Manager also appears in the second film. These new characters were also added as a mention in Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted.
- There are two post-credits scenes in the film. One is about Golden Freddy, and the other hints at the second film based on the second part of the game series.
- From the cut scene from the film leaked to the Internet, one can understand. that the movie was originally planned for Springtrap.
- The film will also be available on Hulu and Netflix.
See: Five Nights at Freddy's (Film)/Gallery.