This article is rated PG, meaning it contains content that may be inappropriate for users the age of 7 and under.
Finding Marlin is an upcoming 2026 American 3D computer-animated buddy comedy-drama adventure film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Directed and written by Andrew Stanton, the screenplay was co-written by Bob Peterson and Stanton. The film is a sequel to Finding Dory, and features the returning voices of Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres, and Williem Dafoe, with TBA (replacing Hayden Rolence), Michael Keaton, Idris Elba, and others joining the cast.
Finding Marlin will focus on the formerly overprotective clownfish Marlin, who goes on a new adventure to find his long-lost wife, Coral. But when he and a piranha named Spike get taken to an aquarium at New Zealand, Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang travel on their own adventure to find Marlin. Meanwhile, at an aquarium, Marlin and Spike travel and work together to find Coral as they grow a friendship.
The film received critical acclaim and won several Annie Awards, and was nominated for the Best Animated Feature OSCAR. It earned a total of $1 billion worldwide.
Finding Marlin is scheduled to be released on July 24, 2026. Upon release, the film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $1 billion worldwide, becoming the third Pixar film to cross this mark after 2010's Toy Story 3 and 2016's Finding Dory.
The film set several records, including being voted one of the 100 greatest motion pictures since 2024. The film will also be THX-certified and presented in IMAX 3D and Disney Digital 3D.
Marlin, Nemo, and Dory go on a new adventure and head for New Zealand to find Marlin's long-lost wife, Coral.
But when he and a new piranha friend named Spike get taken by humans, Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang try to rescue them while meeting new and colorful friends.
Meanwhile, at an aquarium, Marlin and Spike travel across the aquarium and work together to find Coral.
Unknownst to Marlin, Spike is actually a spy for the barracuda, but he eventually changes his mind.
The film begins with Marlin, Nemo, and Dory getting ready for bed.
Nemo and Dory ask Marlin what happened to Nemo's mother, so Marlin tells them what happened.
Then, Marlin and Nemo go into their anemone, and Dory goes to her brain coral, then they all fall asleep.
Later, at midnight, Marlin has a nightmare about losing Coral and their eggs to the barracuda.
He wakes up, screaming in fear, and he wakes up Nemo and Dory in the process.
Nemo and Dory ask him what's wrong, and Marlin says nothing, telling them to go back to sleep.
Marlin then goes to a rock, thinking about Coral.
The following morning, on the way to bring Nemo to school, Marlin sees that two fishes have families, reminding him of his life with Coral before the barracuda incident.
Dory Marlin and Nemo swim across the coral reef and in the traffic line and made it to school.
Nemo then asks Marlin to come with him on a field trip, then he responds, then they go to a field trip with Mr. Ray to learn about coral reefs.
At the field trip, Nemo's classmates ask Marlin about ever having a wife, but Marlin, shocked, tells everybody that he lost Coral years ago due to the barracuda.
Marlin then also tells Nemo that the coral reefs remind him about Coral, then he finds clues that Coral used to leave him when she was alive on the sea bed - small broken pieces of coral - and tells Nemo and Dory about these clues.
When they go back home, Marlin keeps finding clues, and later that night, he goes out to follow them, while Nemo and Dory catch up and they all head to New Zealand.
The gang swims across the reef.
The gang arrive at the drop off and swim to the bottom of the deeper reef zone and swim around Marlin yelling Coral's name and Marlin and the others swim off the edge and into the open ocean.
The gang rides Crush and Squirt on the worldwide current and the gang asks Crush where is Coral and exit through the current and swim around the open sea.
During their quest, Nemo falls asleep, and then the trio run into Bruce, Anchor, and Chum, who are now fully vegetarian.
The sharks swim down to the Minefield with a sunken submarine and meet at the old destoryed torpdeo room.
Marlin explains to the sharks about his quest to find Coral, so the sharks give Marlin, Nemo, and Dory a lift to New Zealand.
A few hours later, the sharks drop off Marlin, Nemo, and Dory at a cave, where the trio sleeps for the night.
The gang meets more friends all around the world such as at reefs abyss, open waters, kelp forests, seabed's, freshwater streams, coasts, shores, aquariums, harbors, ships and other large places and ask so many sea creatures in the ocean that are friendly, scary, big, small and more and they are so tried and they sleep in a another cave.
The gang wakes up and meets a big evil mean barracuda named Fang and tells them where is Coral and Fang snarls and roars and the gang swims far away to the undersea volcano and swim in other bigger places all over the world and they arrive at the open water and a storm apears and they go down into the abyss and meets a flashlight fish named Flash and his best friend Spook the barreleye and a bunch of firefly squids and they follow them to the bottom of the sea in more places that are huge and arrive in other locations and getting daylight and dark.
The next morning, the trio continues their quest, but they run into Gill and the Tank Gang, who escaped from the Marine Life Institute.
Nemo is glad to see the Tank Gang again.
The gang arrives at a sunken ship full of destroyed wrecks and Marlin yells Coral and other smaller creatures keep shushing and Marlin remembers that this place just like the one in Finding Dory (in Finding Dory it was a squid) and they woke up a Gulper Eel and chases them up to the shipwreck and the eel gets trapped inside a large crate and falls down into the ground and getting crushed and nearly killing the eel and they swim in another places and they arrive at the kelp forest and meets a Garibaldi fish named Gary and Marlin asks about his missing wife and they swim in another huge places.
Gill then sees a science research ship, then he tells his plan to Marlin, Dory, Nemo, and the Tank Gang about a plan to get on the vessel to use the coordinates to locate Coral.
Gill sends Peach and Jacques to the ship, where the two distract the guards and incapacitate them, and get a map to find the location where Coral is most likely at.
The gang sees so much fish in tanks looking through around the ship and meet some new friends in three tanks and a saltwater crocodile apears to attack Hank and the crocodile leaves and Hank is okay.
The plan succeeds, and the heroes follow the ship until they arrive at the port of Napier, New Zealand, where Marlin runs into a genetically modified piranha named Spike, who escaped from a lab in Toronto.
Spike joins him on his journey to find Coral.
But then, Marlin and Spike both get caught in a fishing boat, but are rescued by the staff members of an aquarium, then Marlin and Spike get put in a cooler in a truck, and it heads for the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, in the city of Toronto downtown.
Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang make a plan to find Marlin and the piranha, then Gill explains that rivers also lead to the ocean, so the heroes start a new adventure to find Marlin and the piranha.
They travel too far and end up on the eastern coast of the South Island.
Eventually, they find a river, where a bunch of blue penguins guide them to their leader, Lincoln, a blue tang, whom Dory falls in love with.
Nemo asks Lincoln to help him find Marlin, so he and his blue penguin friends decide to help Nemo and his friends find Marlin.
Meanwhile, Marlin and Spike are put in a tank in a room of the aquarium, where a group of children are visiting.
Marlin and Spike quarrel because they will never be able to find Coral since they got put into the tank, so Marlin swims off and wants to be left alone.
A mimic octopus named Fred asks the two fish where is Coral.
Spike, however, feels remorseful and remembers helping someone for the first time, so he decides to help Marlin escape from the tank.
As the plan succeeds, with the two fish getting into a bucket leading to another exhibit.
Spike tells Marlin his backstory:
Meanwhile, the barracuda Fang and a piranha named Paul decide to go check on Spike, but eventually realize he's missing.
Fred holds the bucket of fish in the lab and explores the office as they fell into the water.
And they meet a basking shark named Morris and his best friend Sam the sturgeon and Marlin and Spike send them to the pipes.
Then they both swim from the Tasman Sea to the East Coast of New Zealand.
At the aquarium, Marlin and Spike are put into an exhibit where they hear that someone is in trouble.
They then meet a dolphin named Flipper, who tells them that he is being bothered by a bully named Arnold who is an orca whale.
Marlin and Spike then confront Arnold, who then chases them as the two fish work together to take advantage of him as he crashes into a bunch of rocks while Spike hides into a hole.
The two fish stand up to him as Arnold agrees to never bully someone again and swims away.
Returning to Flipper, Marlin explains to him about his adventure to find Coral, and Flipper, in return, tells him that there are clownfish at a large tank on the highest floor.
And they meet a narwhal named Horny, who is Flipper's neighbor
As the two fish say farewell to Flipper, Marlin and Spike enter some pipes which would be a quick way to find the exhibit which could contain Coral.
At the river at South Island, Nemo and company, with help from Lincoln and his blue penguin friends, continue to search for Marlin.
Eventually, they encounter a falcon that snatches Dory.
Nemo comes up with a plan to rescue Dory, so Lincoln sends some of his blue penguin friends to rescue Dory from the falcon and distract it as it lets go of Dory.
Noticing an injury, Dory suddenly remembers her bad injuries from the jellyfish and swims off.
Nemo tells Dory that everything will be fine, especially since she was injured.
As everyone continues to search for Marlin, Lincoln tells Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang that he has a companion who can help them out.
Fang and Paul continue to search for Spike so they can check on him, but are in trouble and fight off other predators.
And they found two walruses, who were laying on a rock and they ask if Marlin is in the aquarium and they make a friend to help with the gang with a blue footed booby named Buddy with a bucket full of water and carries them up.
As they succeed, they find a drain entrance.
Meanwhile, in the pipes, Marlin and Spike are trying to find the exhibit featuring clownfish, but notice two pipe entrances.
The two fish split up, with Marlin going into the right one while Spike goes into the left one.
Marlin swims as fast as he can, while Spike secretly sends his boss Fang a message through phytoplankton, promising Marlin as food.
As Marlin and Spike eventually run into each other, a group of clams warn Marlin and Spike that there is a pig in the pipes, but they act skeptical.
But then, a pipe pig shows up and kills the clams off-screen as it begins chasing Marlin and Spike.
The pig nearly kills Marlin, but Spike saves his life by pushing him out of the way into another pipe entrance as they both successfully escape.
They then both enter another exhibit featuring eels, but as they get out of the pipes, Marlin and Spike work together and try to find another pipe entrance which would lead them to the tropical fish exhibit featuring clownfish.
Meanwhile, after travelling from the South Island with Buddy flying in the air back to near Napier, Lincoln introduces Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang to his companion, a North Island brown kiwi named George.
Nemo and Lincoln explains to George that they're journey to find Marlin at the aquarium, so he guides them to a pipe entrance while unintentionally bumping into stuff.
As Nemo, Dory, the Tank Gang, and Lincoln go through a pipe entrance, they travel through the storm-water pipes and fight against the current to get to the aquarium.
In the eel exhibit, Marlin and Spike continue searching for the entrance, but they fail.
Spike, who changes his plans, gets help from a friendly eel named Peter, who turns out to be a hippy.
Marlin discusses that he needs to go to a tropical reef exhibit and tells him how he lost Coral to the barracuda, but shakes his head thinking how sad it must be to no longer have the ability to dream of a world that everyone was taught to strive for as children.
Marlin, remembering when Crush advised him that parents can’t hold on too tightly to their children, accepts it.
Peter then guides Marlin and Spike to the pipe entrance and says farewell as the two fish enter the pipes.
They ask so many friends in every aquarium exhibits and they reached into the touch pool and meets the gang of the touch tank that looks like the one in Finding Dory and the big hands poked the sea critters and the hand thouches Fred and inked the whole tank and the kids run away and they found the coral reef exhibit
The gang rides in Buddy's bucket until they landed in a fish tank with a toy fish swimming around in it and the tank is in a gift shop and they jump out of the tank and landed on the water of the tide pool tank and meets a cownose ray named Callie who helps to find marlin.
The gang jump into the exhibit waters and they meet a rainbow reef gang and they follow them.
The two fish eventually make it to a small tank the tropical fish exhibit, where they are searching for Coral, but run into a familiar face: it turns out to be Coral.
The two clownfish have a tearful reunion.
He tells Coral about how his life was after losing her and Coral reveals how she survived the barracuda incident: she swam out of the barracuda's mouth before it closed, but she was injured in the process, so she has a scar on one side and doesn't swim well because her tail was injured as well.
Meanwhile, Fang, sick and tired of waiting for Spike, sends Paul to go into the pipe entrance, where he finds the phytoplankton message by Spike.
Learning that Spike is going to bring him a clownfish and must recruit allies in case he brings more fish, Fang and Paul make a plan to attack at a dangerous place like at a hill for example as they head there.
While in the pipes, the heroes are still trying to get through them, and Dory keeps forgetting Lincoln's name, which makes him find it a little endearing.
Everyone notices that they are almost outside of the pipes, but Gill and the Tank Gang get stuck in a drain, and the pelicans with George's help lift the drain grate and scoop the fish out of the storm-water drain and carry them in their beaks to the NZ Aquarium.
Back at the Coral Reef exhibit, Marlin and Coral are spending time with each other for the first time in years since the barracuda incident.
As they notice another pipe entrance with a lock on it, they ask a crab named Jake if there is a way to get out of the aquarium.
He twists the lock from the inside, opening it.
The three fish and Jake enter the pipeline, which unintentionally leads them to a water facility connected to the aquarium.
As Nemo and friends make it into the aquarium and go into the tropical fish exhibit, they learn that three fish and a crab unlocked a pipe entrance which would lead them to a water facility.
They figure out that two of the fish are Marlin and his new friend Spike, so they leave the aquarium and try to locate the nearest water facility.
Meanwhile, Marlin, Spike, and Coral, along with Jake, have to avoid all the obstacles in order to get out.
As the heroes make it to the water facility, they spot the three fish in one of the sections and successfully rescue them.
Marlin, after being rescued, introduces Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang to Coral.
The pelicans eventually make it to the shore, where they drop off the heroes and tell them that they will see them later.
But the other new friends escape from the aquarium tanks and into the water and Marlin follows them back to the ocean and they swim up to the open water and they swim around the ocean looking forward to home.
And they enter to the undersea canyon where they started being chased by Fang.
Marlin, Coral , Nemo and their friends then head off to the ocean.
Meanwhile Fang and Paul find a perfect place to attack the fish that were promised by Spike.
They then meet three predators named Ryan, Harold, and Ben and ask them to join him and they agree.
When the heroes go back to the ocean, they travel from Hawkes Bay up to the Bay of Plenty, where Spike, feeling remorse for betraying Marlin's trust, confesses his plans and his role as a spy to Marlin, causing him to turn hostile towards him.
Marlin and Spike end up in an argument, but Coral stops Marlin from making things worse.
Spike has a change of heart, and agrees to help Marlin escape from the barracuda and his baddies.
Soon, Spike goes to Fang, who briefly gets angry at him for going missing.
Fang then sees Dory and Coral, and starts chasing them while Spike goes with Marlin and co.
Leading the barracuda away from Marlin, whom he intended to ambush, Dory swims away with Coral; Meanwhile, Marlin and friends make a plan to stop Fang.
Dory and Coral, however, catch up with Marlin and his friends, but Fang and his baddies show up and corner everyone, and he asks Spike to help him bring the heroes down.
Spike refuses and sides with Marlin, making Fang furious, and the heroes fight Fang and his baddies.
During their fight, Fang knocks a sea column on Spike's head, brutally hurting him and physically sending him into a rock wall.
The barracuda then corners Marlin, intending to attack him, but Marlin and Nemo decide to escape from Fang as he begins chasing them.
Then, the two clownfish spot an underwater volcanic crater, part of the White Island volcano, then Nemo remembers the Ring of Fire from the first film and swims in the bubbles safely with Marlin while trying to escape.
Fang runs into the bubbles and gets burned.
Angry and in pain, he blindly crosses the crater just as the eruption starts.
Nemo and Marlin yell at him to look out and get out of the crater, but he continues chasing them and nearly devours them before he gets caught by the full blast of the eruption.
Nemo and Marlin then have to escape the underwater lava flows, steam and landslides.
Everyone then sees the volcano eruption and believe that Marlin and Nemo have died, so they mourn their loss.
Then, Marlin and Nemo make it out of the volcano alive, and then everyone cheers for them.
Everyone is safe, except for Spike, who is badly injured, and tells Marlin his last words before he dies.
Nemo and Marlin both cry because Spike died, and everyone mourns the death of Spike.
Marlin then confesses how he regrets his fallout with Spike.
Marlin and everyone then head back home to the Great Barrier Reef.
Marlin and the others go back to the reef by riding the current, and they tell Crush and the sea turtles about their adventures.
Marlin is still crying about Spike's death as Crush comforts him, and then everyone exits the current and they return to the reef.
Back at the reef, Marlin, Nemo, Dory, and Coral hold a funeral for Spike.
The next day, Nemo comes back to school and Mr. Ray tells him off for not being at school and that he was supposed to have a report on predators.
However, Nemo is able to come up with a report on barracudas and piranhas on the spot, so Mr. Ray gives him an A+.
All the other kids then think he is very cool.
That night, Marlin and Coral are in the anemone, and they talk about being together and Marlin talks about how much he missed Coral, but that somehow he knew that she wasn't dead because he didn't turn into a female.
They share a loving hug because they're happy to be together again.
The next day everybody goes back to their happy lives, and Marlin is happy about being with Coral again.
Marlin, Coral, Nemo, and Dory are happy about the ocean and how it has changed due to their adventures.
They then go spend time with everyone as the movie ends.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, a formerly overprotective clownfish, Nemo's father, and Coral's husband. He is the main protagonist of the film.
- Michael Keaton as Spike, a genetically modified piranha who works for Fang and the secondary antagonist-deuteragonist of the film.
- TBA as Nemo, a young optimistic clownfish, Marlin and Coral's son, and Dory's friend. He was voiced by Hayden Rolence in the previous film. He was also voiced by Alexander Gould in the first movie.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a Pacific regal blue tang who suffers from short-term memory loss.
- Elizabeth Perkins as Coral, a female clownfish who is Marlin's wife and Nemo's mother.
- Williem Dafoe as Gill, a Moorish idol who is the leader of the Tank Gang.
- Brad Garrett as Bloat, a pufferfish who is a member of the Tank Gang.
- Allison Janney as Peach, a pink starfish who is a member of the Tank Gang.
- Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, a royal gramma who is a member of the Tank Gang.
- Stephen Root as Bubbles, a yellow tang who is a member of the Tank Gang.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb/Flo, a four-striped damselfish who is a member of the Tank Gang.
- Jerome Ranft as Jacques, a cleaner shrimp who is a member of the Tank Gang. He was voiced by Joe Ranft, Jerome's late brother, in the first film.
- Simon Pegg as Bruce, a completely vegetarian great white shark. He was voiced by Barry Humphries in the first film.
- Eric Bana as Anchor, a completely vegetarian hammerhead shark who is friends with Bruce.
- Bruce Spence as Chum, a completely vegetarian mako shark who is friends with Bruce and Anchor.
- Idris Elba as Fang, the barracuda who wants to eat Marlin and his friends. He is the main antagonist of the movie, unlike his first appearance in the first Finding Nemo. Elba previously voiced Fluke in Finding Dory.
- John Ratzenberger as Paul, a moray eel who works for Fang.
- Greg Sestero as Jake, an Atlantic blue crab, who helps Marlin and Spike get out of the aquarium.
- James S. Baker as Flipper, a common bottlenose dolphin who lives at the New Zealand Public Aquarium.
- Lou Romano as Arnold, a mean orca whale who bullies Flipper.
- Jeff Bennett as George, a North Island brown kiwi.
- Andrew Stanton as Crush, a 150-year old green sea turtle.
- Finn Carr as Squirt, a green sea turtle and Crush's son. He was voiced by Bennett Dammann in the previous film, and Nicholas Bird in the first film.
- Geoffrey Rush as Nigel, a brown pelican from the first film.
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, a spotted eagle ray, the school bus of the class, and the teacher of the class.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a near-sighted whale shark and Dory's childhood friend.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father.
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, a cranky East Pacific red octopus who previously lost a tentacle.
- TBA as Sheldon, a sea horse.
- TBA as Pearl, a flapjack octopus.
- TBA as Tad, a long-nosed butterfly fish.
- Katherine Ringgold as Kathy, a chickenfish.
- Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, Bob Peterson, and Lee Unkrich as the pelicans who are Nigel's friends. They help Nemo and friends find Marlin and Spike at the NZ Aquarium.
more coming soon...
In June 2016, director Andrew Stanton talked about the possibility of a sequel, saying that he would never exclude it because of the introduction of new characters, citing the Toy Story films as guides for how to expand a world through sequels.
Finding Marlin began production in 2026, 10 years after the release of Finding Dory. The film contains many new scenes inspired from deleted scenes and rejected concepts that were originally going to be used for Finding Nemo and Finding Dory. It was decided early in development of Finding Marlin that they would use inspiration from Finding Dory and Ice Age and that deleted scenes and rejected concepts from the first two films would be revisited.
The film was officially announced at the 2023 D23 Expo. It was also confirmed that Brooks, DeGeneres, Dafoe, and Perkins had already signed on to reprise their roles as Marlin, Dory, Gill, and Coral. Eventually a short teaser trailer released at the 2025 D23 Expo, accompanied by the announcement that the film would be released on July 24, 2026. Some time later, a subsequent full-length trailer was released on Disney and Pixar's social media pages in May 2026.
Finding Marlin received a PG rating (for mild thematic elements and intense sequences) by the MPAA. This is the ???th Pixar movie to be rated as such in the US after The Incredibles, Up, Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Coco, and Incredibles 2. It is also the second Pixar sequel to have another rating other than the original film's rating (G).
Finding Marlin earned $1,324,411,567 at the worldwide box office.
Finding Marlin received positive reviews from critics, with a 8/10 rating on IMDb, a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 95/100 rating on Metacritic. Critics typically praised the animation quality, the characters, the storyline, and the well-done voice acting, while some did criticize the fact that it may get a little cliché at times. Finding Marlin won several Annie Awards, and was nominated for the Best Animated Feature OSCAR.
On December 17, 2025, a teaser trailer was released on the official YouTube channel for Pixar, followed by a full theatrical trailer on the official YouTube channel for Pixar on May 20, 2026, on June 22, 2026, and the final second theatrical trailer on the official YouTube channel for Pixar on YouTube.
The film was released in theaters worldwide on July 24, 2026, marking the 40th anniversary of Pixar.
Home media release
Finding Marlin is scheduled to be released by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and DVD in the United States on November 17, 2026. The DVD release includes the short film, Oliver the Penguin.
- The plot of Finding Marlin used inspiration from some elements in other movies, such as Finding Dory and Ice Age.
- This is the sixth film to be directed by Andrew Stanton. His final film will be a live-action remake of Ice Age.
- Finding Nemo is the third Pixar franchise to have three films, after Toy Story and Cars.
- The film marks several firsts for the Finding Nemo franchise:
- The first time the opening isn't a flashback.
- The first time where Mr. Ray doesn't sing.
- The first film that doesn't have a post-credits scene.
- Barry Humphries didn't reprise his role as Bruce because he died of natural causes in the 2020s. He is replaced by Simon Pegg.
- Unlike Finding Dory, the Tank Gang have a large role in the film.
- In 2030, Disney made a Finding Marlin-themed ride at Disneyland, replacing the original Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage ride. The ride at Disneyland became so popular that it boosted the film's popularity.
- Hayden Rolence could not reprise his role of Nemo because of his deepened voice, which is due to him being too old to reprise as Nemo. The role was given to TBA.
- Similar to Alexander Gould, who made a cameo in Finding Dory as Passenger Carl, Hayden Rolence made a small cameo as one of the employees at the aquarium.
- This is the third Pixar's sequel film to be rated PG by the MPAA, after Finding Dory and Incredibles 2.
- Similar to Finding Dory, some of the visitors at the NZ Aquarium have the same models from earlier Pixar films.
- Finding Marlin has strong connections to Finding Nemo, in terms of continuity, some reused music and flashbacks. Here are examples of callbacks to the first:
- Marlin tells Nemo and Dory a bedtime story of what happened to Coral at the very beginning of the film.
- Marlin has a bad dream of when he lost Coral to the barracuda.
- When the kids at Nemo's field trip ask Marlin about ever having a wife, he tells them the truth that he lost Coral to the barracuda.
- The three sharks (Bruce, Anchor, and Chum) return from the first film, as they give Marlin and company a lift.
- When Marlin, Nemo, and Dory wake up from the cave they slept for the night and continue to travel, we see places and certain characters from the first film, including the trench, a jellyfish forest, and the whale.
- When Gill explains his plan to everyone, the "Foolproof" music from reused since its previous appearance in Finding Nemo, when Gill discusses his plan in which Nemo is the only one to jam the filter.
- Fang, the barracuda from the first film, returns, but as the main antagonist of the movie.
- In the film's climax, Nemo remembers the "Ring of Fire" from Finding Nemo and, proving that he is brave enough, helps Marlin escape from Fang by going into the crater.
- This will be the first Finding Nemo film to be filmed in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, unlike the two previous films that were originally shot in 16:9.
- See also:Finding Marlin/Gallery