Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie is a 2017 Canadian-American animated buddy comedy adventure film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. The film was released on May 26, 2017 in the United States and Canada, by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film is based on Cartoon Network's animated television series Ed, Edd n Eddy. The film takes place after the show's series finale. It is the second film adaptation of Ed, Edd n Eddy, first being Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. This makes it the first and only theatrical Ed, Edd n Eddy film to hit the big screen as Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show was just a made for T.V. movie. In theaters, a Cow and Chicken short entitled Party'd Animals was shown prior to the film. The film serves as the finale of the original Ed, Edd n Eddy continuity before the reboot film.
The film features Matt Hill, Samuel Vincent, Tony Sampson, David Paul Grove, Keenan Christenson, Janyse Jaud, Kathleen Barr, Peter Kelamis and Erin Fitzgerald reprising their roles from the series, featuring guest stars Josh Hutcherson, Sean Marquette, Lucy Hale, Lauren Cohan, Michael Keaton, Montanna Thompson, Lee Tockar, Frank Welker, Tress MacNeille, Stephen Colbert, Tara Strong, Chris Pratt, Julie Kavner and Thomas F. Wilson.
The film was a box office success, grossing over $65 million on a $12 million budget. It also earned positive reviews from critics, with many noting it as one of the best animated films based on TV shows of all time.
Ed, Edd, Eddy, and the rest of the beloved cul de sac gang make their big screen debut. The Eds are a bit older and a bit mature and in high school because the movie is set three years in the future after the events of Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show, which served as the show's series finale.
The Eds and The Cul De Sac gang discovers that the hooded masked hero is the Eds and Sarah's older half brother and has a power to travel through time. So now the Eds must go on an journey through time to save the world from being altered by the masked hero's arch enemy.
Prolouge: The Apocalyptic Future
The movie begins in the apocalyptic future, the hooded mask hero's engaged in a duel against The cloaked figure and uses the hero's friends powers to prevent him from getting the Treasure of Time.
Before The cloaked figure uses her powers to activate the time travel sphere to begin her goal by creating her own empire, She uses her powers for the final time on the masked hero as she time travel to the past.
The Hero discovers the gate granted him new powers by going back in time to save the world.
Last Day of School and First Day of Summer Vacation
In the present time, Eddy woke up from his nightmare about his brother's going to get him. He's getting dress for his last day of school. Ed, Edd, Kevin and Rolf are waiting for him. Kevin ask if he's up for afterschool snack at his place but Eddy declined the offer and walked to school because of his nightmare.
In english class, Eddy's thinking about the nightmare he has last night. The english teacher gave him a B- because he works on the finals very hard.
At lunch where they're serving the last day of school hot dogs. Sarah and Jimmy are grabbing the wieners as the kids are cheering for Kevin for the epic entrance, Eddy remembered the day where he came up with.... "Booster Shot Day". The Eds and the Kids saw Jonny walked in and Kevin called him a dweeb for beating the Eds up. Jonny reveals The Eds are idiots not him. Kevin doesn't believe him but Eddy called himself and idiot as he walked home early as he told Kevin that he doesn't feel like play basketball. The Kids, Ed and Edd felt worried that Eddy's not happy so Kevin asked Edd and Sarah to go to the principal's office after school tonight and Sarah agreed along with Edd.
At home, Eddy's talking to his dad about the future, his dad told him that the future will be amazing if he do him a brillant favour by watching T.V. with him for Father and Son T.V. Marathon.
At night at the principal office, Edd and Sarah are looking at the personal files and later got shock that their fathers have a shocking secret. They flee back to Kevin's hideout as they announces their fathers have a secret for a long time shocking the Kids.
On Eddy's roof. The Hero arrived to the past by froze time to get Eddy to save the future from the apocalypse before Eddy closes his door, They both first encounter with each other. The hero introduce himself as Master Masquerade and offers Eddy a one day for him to change if he help him to travel through time. Eddy accepts to join him and come back tomorrow as he disappeared
The Eds Fathers reveals the secret
In the Morning, The Eds Fathers kept their hidden secret for too long and decided to tell them. Back when they were 16 (like The Eds are now), they met their British Pen-Pal named Molly who's very friendly to them. she's very beautiful, generous and kind. but at night, She reveals that she has an hard time from her abusive boyfriend. But then, their secret reveals that her newborn child is actually their secret son. The Eds are shocked that they have an older half-brother.
Edd felt worried that his half brother's going to be cruel like his mother, Edd's father tells him that it's nothing to fear about.
The Apocalypse Timeline
At night, Edd and Eddy spent the night at Ed's room for overnight so Eddy can have a nice peace but then. Master Masquerade appeared in front of the Eds. Edd shocked that Masquerade can travel through time and space and manipulate dimensions. Eddy reveals the deal he made that if he helped him to defeat his arch nemesis. He can choose one day he'll choose to altered.
Ed and Edd asked if they can join, Masquerade accept them to join and open the time vortex to the future that he's knows.
The Eds are shock that his enemy brings armageddon onto earth and decided to join him on the journey to the past to prevent the apocalypse.
At the Melon-Cave, Jonny'd overheard that Masquerade has a power to time travel so he decided to uses his new invention called the Groud Portal to travel to the distant past where Kevin ride his bike for the first time.
In 1997, Kevin rides his bike and saw a giant wall that crunched his legs permanently creating the Time Paradox in the present.
Jonny travels back in time where the Eds first meet each other and then Edd's father arrange a meeting at Peach Creek Boarding School aka The Most Fancist School in Peach Creek.
In the year 2019, The Eds and Master Masquerade discovers that the future is changed where Neither Ed, Eddy and the Kids meet Edd. By Edd's no longer exist in the alternative future. Eddy must travel back to the past how Edd moved to peach creek.
Eddy finds out
In 1997, Eddy saw Edd as a kid when he was in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza before Foxy bit him into a coma but he survived. Eddy gave him his hat to Edd's parents but then Eddy, Ed and Masquerade travel back to the present as Ed and Eddy saw Double D in his Boarding School Uniform.
Eddy shocked that his best friend couldn't remember him anymore, Masquerade reveals Edd's past been altered as Ed and Eddy's friendship with him is erased permanently as the future is saved from the apocalypse, but then the future has changed from the apocalyptic to normal grey future.
The Death of Master Masquerade and the intro of the Darcy Triplets
Ed gets a bit angry and fights Masquerade, Eddy watch them fighting but then The female cloaked figure arrived to the present and assassinated Master Masquerade with her frozen gun and uses her sword to killed him. Edd asked who he was, Masquerade reveals he's the future self of their half brother and died.
Edd remembers their time traveling journey before the triplets hoped out of the time vortex as they're riding in the country side. The older triplet's riding a motorbike, the middle triplet's riding a robot horse and the younger triplet's riding a hoverboard.
Edd's father discovers that those three are the kids of their pen-pal, Cillian, Lorcan and Lilly. The Eds and The Kids shocked that The Eds Fathers has two biological sons and a daughter. Eddy meets Lorcan who's simlar To Master Masquerade. Lorcan claimed he was going to be that but nobody believes him because Cillian has a power to time travel.
Cillian, Lorcan and Lilly's past
At night in the woods, Cillian reveals that he's the one who altered the past of the apocalypse because to save his friends lives in Los Angeles. Eddy's dad asked about their mother, They revealed that she put them up for adoption twenty three years ago.
23 years ago in Boise, Idaho, The Hunkleburgs Family took Cillian as The Richardsons adopted Lorcan, and The Petersons adopted Lilly. 13 years later, George teaches Cillian about stacking canned food on the right shelves but he wasn't listening due to his misbehaviour and listening to Dubstep. George refuses to let him be a musician as Cillian quits working in Whole Foods Market and leaves Boise permanently to follow his dreams, in Los Angeles, Cillian meets his brother Lorcan and his sister Lilly as the apocalypse begins.
Later, Cillian woke up from being in a coma in the middle of the apocalypse. However, due to the catastrophic disaster, Cillian believes Lorcan and Lilly are gone. Then, 2 years later, Cillian has been very lonely for some time since Lorcan and Lilly's disappearance.
Cillian was trying to find shelter, but it took him months. Until now, he found an old house to take cover in because it was empty. Lorcan and Lilly's disappearance has made Cillian very upset, so then he decided to take action and avenge his brother and sister. At night Cillian put on his new gear as he called himself Master Masquerade as he begins his mission, to fight Madame Grey. Cillian finished the story as it's been a fight to survive.
Eddy reveal that the junkyard can able to build a giant robot to stop the Beast. Cillian likes the idea as they rushed to the junkyard and use its resources to build a giant robot to invade his fortress.
The Final Battle
Upon returning to the present, Madame Grey is arrested by the police. The Kids and the Kanker Sisters were celebrating the Eds' and the Darcy Triplets' victory to save the world. The triplets, however, decided to use the final remain of their powers to travel back in time. As the timeline resets, The Kids and the Kankers looks on as they faded away. The Eds spend their last moments with their family before they faded away as they went to bed. After the timeline has altered, The Eds, in age eleven, has woken up and doesn't remember the future. Ed decided to turn on a horror movie and smiles as he enjoys it Edd begins to running around labeling stuff and Eddy decided to visit Edd as he rings doorbell to mess with him.
- Matt Hill as Ed
- Samuel Vincent as Edd
- Tony Sampson [Note 1] as Eddy
- David Paul Grove as Jonny 2x4
- Keenan Christenson [Note 1] as Jimmy
- Janyse Jaud as Sarah/Lee Kanker
- Kathleen Barr as Kevin/Marie Kanker
- Peter Kelamis as Rolf
- Erin Fitzgerald as Nazz/May Kanker
- Josh Hutcherson as Cillian Darcy/Master Masquerade
- Sean Marquette as Lorcan Darcy/Texas Knight
- Lucy Hale as Lilly Darcy/Lady Purple
- Lauren Cohan as Madame Grey; The film's secondary antagonist.
- Michael Keaton as Adam Darcy/The Beast; The film's hidden true main antagonist.
- Montanna Thompson as Molly Darcy
- Lee Tockar as Plank
- Frank Welker as Crow (Cillian Darcy's Vulture)
- Tress MacNeille as Emily (Ed and Sarah's Mother)
- Stephen Colbert as Tom (Ed and Sarah's Father)
- Tara Strong as Eve (Edd's Mother)
- Chris Pratt as Stan (Edd's Father)
- Julie Kavner as Mavis (Eddy's Mother)
- Thomas F. Wilson as Carl (Eddy's Father)
On April 2012, it was announced that Cartoon Network Studios is developing an animated theatrical Ed, Edd n Eddy feature film. Daniel Sioui and Ruth Vincent, who produced Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show, are producing the film, and Jono Howard will be writing the film. On April 2014, it was announced that Warner Bros. Animation will be co-producing the film and Danny Antonucci, the original show's creator, will direct the film and will also be the executive producer and co-writer. The film marks the first time a theatrical Cartoon Network film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, instead of Warner Animation Group since the group's formation in 2013.
- Main article: Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie/Transcript
- Main article: Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie/Trailer transcripts
The film is planned for a May 26, 2017 release in the United States and Canada by Warner Bros., on the same year as Cartoon Network's previous film Chowder: The Movie. The film was presented in a 1.85:1 format, rather than Warner Animation Group's standard 2.39:1 format on its previous titles. The film's theatrical release was preceded by Party'd Animals, a short film based on Cartoon Network's animated television series Cow and Chicken.
The film was released on Digital on August 8 and Blu-Ray and DVD on August 29, 2017. It contains the deleted scenes, a Cow and Chicken short film Party'd Animals, the 18-minute featurette, behind-the-scenes of Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie, featuring interviews with most of the principal cast and crew and the movie cast, animatics, the half-hour pilot episode, the audio commentaries and the sneak peek of Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie.
Box office/Commercial reception
Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie was released in theaters on May 26, 2017. With heavy competition, but a lot of marketing and promotion, the film grossed $65 million worldwide against a budget of $12 million.
Review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 86% approval rating based on the 120 reviews, and its average rating is 7.2/10. The critical consensus reads, "Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie is good, not realistic, but good. I mean, despite having some serious stuff in the movie, it's still a wonderful kids movie." Metacritic, assigns the film a score of 66 out of 100, based on 32 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews". CinemaScore gives the film a "B+" on its A+ to F scale.
- Sampson and Christenson, who both retired from acting in 2009, appeared through the use of previously-recorded material.
- This is the first ever feature film of the series.
- This is the first animated Ed, Edd n Eddy movie to hit theaters.
- This is also the first ever Ed, Edd n Eddy movie in general to hit theaters. The previous Ed, Edd n Eddy film (Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show) was just a made for T.V. release.
- Kat Morris, Matthew Moy, Kate Micucci and Rebecca Sugar, otherwise known for Steven Universe, were credited as storyboard supervisors on the movie.
- The movie is Rated PG.
- This is the next theatrical film with a wide release to be based on a Cartoon Network TV series, after "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" released 15 years prior, ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars'' released 10 years prior, ''Regular Show: The Movie'' released 2 years prior, "Tiny Toon Adventures: The Motion Picture" and ''Codename: Kids Next Door - Operation: M.O.T.I.O.N.-P.I.C.T.U.R.E.'' both released a year before and ''Chowder: The Movie" released this year.
- Although, Tiny Toon Adventures is only aired by CN, and it is made by Warner Bros.
- The original cast reprised their roles in the movie.
- This is the next theatrical 2D animated movie in 19 years after Quest for Camelot (1998), 18 years after The Iron Giant (1999) and this year after The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries: The Motion Picture (2017).
- This marks as Warner Bros.' next 2D animated theatrical film. Warner Bros. had its original feature animation division, which produced 2D animated films.
- Before the movie, a short film called "Party'd Animals" based on Cartoon Network's animated television series Cow and Chicken was played.
- This is the first time the Eds meet their half-brothers and half-sister in the Warner Bros. animated film.
- This is Josh Hutcherson's first Warner Bros. animated film since "The Polar Express" released 13 years prior and so far, his third animated film, after "Howl's Moving Castle" released 12 years prior and ''Epic'' released 4 years prior.
- These are Lauren Cohan and Montanna Thompson's first voice roles in the Warner Bros. animated film.
- This is Sean Marquette's first and only Warner Bros. animated film until the release of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: The Movie, which will be his second animated film from Warner Bros. Pictures.
- This is Michael Keaton's fifth animated film, after ''Cars'' released 11 years prior, ''Toy Story 3'' released 7 years prior, ''Noah's Ark: The New Beginning'' released 5 years prior and ''Minions'' released 2 years prior.
- The film also marks Cartoon Network Studios' first co-production with A.k.a. Cartoon.
- This is the first A.k.a. Cartoon film to debut on the big screen in 2017.
- This is Chris Pratt's second Warner Bros. animated film, after ''The Lego Movie'' released 3 years prior.
- This is Warner Animation Group's fourth traditionally animated film.
- The film was animated by Yeson Entertainment and Rough Draft Studios.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Sean Marquette and Tara Strong. Their first was Cartoon Network's animated television series ''Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends'', which premiered on August 13, 2004, and ended on May 3, 2009.
- This is Plank's first speaking debut in this movie, as Jonny wished for Plank to be brought to life.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Tara Strong, Kathleen Barr, Lee Tockar, Samuel Vincent, Peter Kelamis, Matt Hill and Janyse Jaud. Their first was Lauren Faust's animated television series ''My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic'', which premiered on October 10, 2010, on The Hub cable channel (which was renamed as Discovery Family in late 2014).
- This is Tara Strong's seventh Warner Bros. animated film, after "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" released 15 years prior, "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi 2" released 11 years prior, "Camp Lazlo The Movie" released 9 years prior, ''Teen Titans: The Movie'' released 5 years prior and ''Codename: Kids Next Door - Operation: M.O.T.I.O.N.-P.I.C.T.U.R.E.'' and ''The Animaniacs Movie'' both released a year before.
- The film marks the Ed's parents' first speaking roles, and also the first time their non-fully seen parents are given names.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Julie Kavner and Tress MacNeille. Their first was "The Simpsons Movie" released 10 years prior.
- This is Tress MacNeille's tenth animated film, after ''Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland" released 28 years prior, "The Rugrats Movie" released 19 years prior, ''Rugrats in Paris: The Movie'' released 17 years prior, "Recess: School's Out" released 16 years prior, "Hey Arnold!: The Movie" released 15 years prior, ''Rugrats Go Wild'' released 14 years prior, "The Simpsons Movie" released 10 years prior and "Tiny Toon Adventures: The Motion Picture" and ''The Animaniacs Movie'' both released a year before.
- This is Warner Bros.' fourth traditionally animated film to be released theatrically, after ''Clifford's Really Big Movie'' released 13 years prior.
- This is the 5th collaboration between Tress MacNeille and Tara Strong. Their first was "The Rugrats Movie" released 19 years prior, their second was ''Rugrats in Paris: The Movie'' released 17 years prior, their third was ''Rugrats Go Wild'' released 14 years prior and their fourth was ''The Animaniacs Movie'' released a year before.
- This is Stephen Colbert's third animated film, after "Monsters vs. Aliens" released 9 years prior and ''Mr. Peabody & Sherman" released 5 years prior.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Tress MacNeille, Frank Welker and Tara Strong. Their first was ''The Animaniacs Movie'' released a year before.
- This is the 7th collaboration between Tara Strong and Frank Welker. Their first was "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" released 15 years prior, their second was "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi 2" released 13 years prior, their third was "Camp Lazlo The Movie" released 9 years prior and their fourth and fifth were ''Codename: Kids Next Door - Operation: M.O.T.I.O.N.-P.I.C.T.U.R.E.'' and ''The Animaniacs Movie'' both released a year before.
- This is Julie Kavner's first traditionally animated film to be released theatrically since "The Simpsons Movie" released 10 years prior.
- This is the 3rd collaboration between Tress MacNeille and Frank Welker. Their first and second were "Tiny Toon Adventures: The Motion Picture" and ''The Animaniacs Movie'' both released a year before.
- This is the seventh theatrical Warner Bros. film to rely solely on digital ink and paint animation mixed with CGI animation instead of Flash animation.
- This is Thomas F. Wilson's fifth animated film, after "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" released 13 years prior, "Rio" released 6 years prior, ''Epic'' released 4 years prior and "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" released 2 years prior.
- This is the 2nd collaboration between Josh Hutcherson and Thomas F. Wilson. Their first was ''Epic'' released 4 years prior.
- The film uses archive recordings from Eddy's and Jimmy's voice actors to craft posthumous Tony Sampson and Keenan Christenson performances, after Tony Sampson and Keenan Christenson both retired from voice acting in 2009.
- Main article: Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie/Credits