Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie (or simply Dexter's Laboratory) is a 2019 American-South Korean animated adventure-comedy family film using a combination of Traditional Animation and CGI Animation, based on the Cartoon Network animated television series of the same name. The film will be written and directed by series creator Genndy Tartakovsky and written by John McIntyre. The film takes place after the show's series finale and it is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures in the United States and Canada and Universal Pictures in worldwide. This makes it the only theatrical Dexter's Laboratory film as Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip was just a made for T.V. movie.
The film stars the voices of Candi Milo, Kat Cressida, Kath Soucie, Jeff Bennett, Eddie Deezen, Kimberly Brooks, Kath Soucie, Frank Welker, with Hugh Laurie, James Adomian, Michael J. Fox, Courtney Thorne-Smith and Richard Kind. The film is set to theatrically release in movie theaters on July 14, 2017 in the United States and South Korea, by Warner Bros. and Universal Featuring the new single "Here We Go" by will.i.am.
Dexter and Dee Dee team up with Mandark, Lee Lee, and Mee Mee to save their parents from an evil mad scientist.
- Dexter (Candi Milo)
- Dee Dee (Kat Cressida)
- Mom (Kath Soucie)
- Dad (Jeff Bennett)
- Mandark (Eddie Deezen)
- Mee Mee (Kimberly Brooks)
- Lee Lee (Kath Soucie)
- Monkey (Frank Welker)
- Professor Walker (Hugh Laurie)
- Davis (Peter MacNicol), Walker's assistant.
- Jason (Peter Scolari)
- Gloria (Courtney Thorne-Smith)
- Ralph (Richard Kind)
- Taylor Swift
- Tina Fey
- David Cowgill
- Ty Burrell
- Adam Sandler
- June Christopher
- Katy Perry
- Cody Simpson
- Ben Stiller
- Mr. T
- Chris Rock
- Steve Carrell
- Chance the rapper
- Pitbull (the dog)
Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie is Rated PG for Parental Guidance.
- Baby got back: Performed by Sir Mix-a-lot
- Man don`t care: Performed by JME feat. Giggs
- Here We Go: Performed by will.i.am
- Bang Bang: Performed by Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
- My House: Performed by Flo Rida
- I Gotta Feeling: Performed by The Black Eyed Peas
- Where Them Girls At: Performed by David Guetta feat. Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj
- Good Time: Performed by Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen
- Do It All: Performed by Carlos
- I Really Don't Care: Performed by Demi Lovato feat. Cher Lloyd
- Thunderstruck: Performed by Owl City feat. Sarah Russel
- This film will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Universal Pictures and Cartoon Network Studios California.
- The movie will be Rated PG.
- Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie is the next theatrical feature film from Cartoon Network after Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Movie.
- The movie will be animated by Rough Draft Studios.
- Here We Go: By will.i.am (From Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie)
- Don't Touch My Stuffs
- Cleaning Day
- Dexter's New Invention
- Family Game Night
- The characters will put up credit words during the credits.
Warner Bros. Pictures
In the film and the trailers, it appears with the Warnermedia byline.
The earth was slowly spin and the word “Universal”, it appears with Comcast byline.
An entirely new logo is used with all of the seen and unseen characters from Cartoon Network in the movie theater.
- My Gym Partner's a Monkey in Jungle Game Night, Written and Directed by Tim Cahill
- Adam Lyon (Nika Futterman)
- Jake Spidermonkey (Tom Kenny)
- Windsor Gorilla (Rick Gomez)
- Slips Python (Rick Gomez)
- Lupe Toucan (Grey Griffin)
- Ingrid Giraffe (Grey Griffin)
- Welcome to the Jungle: By Guns N' Roses
The teaser trailer releases on March 15, 2019, posted on the Cartoon Network, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures YouTube channels. A second teaser trailer will release on April 11, 2019. McDonalds is to release Happy Meal toys to promote the film. WaterTower Music and Interscope Records released the film's soundtrack. On June 12, 2019, promotional tie-ins on Cartoon Network consist of bumpers with Dexter and Dee Dee in a movie theater announcing the film. In addition, they host the entire line-up, in intermissions between commercial break.
The movie will be released in the United States on July 19, 2019, by Warner Bros. The film's theatrical release will be preceded by Jungle Game Night, a short film based on Cartoon Network's animated television series My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
Home media release
The film was released on Digital on September 26 and Blu-Ray and DVD on October 15, 2019. It contains the deleted scenes, a My Gym Partner's a Monkey short film Jungle Game Night, the 18-minute featurette, the behind-the-scenes look at Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie, featuring interviews with most of the principal cast and crew, animatics, 4 Mini-Movies, the pilot episode, the audio commentaries and a sneak peek of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: The Movie.
'Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie' received positive reviews from both critics and audiences alike. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film received an average rating of 4.1/5. It also earned a 8/10 on IMDb.
- Main article: Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie (2019)/Transcript
- Main article: Dexter's Laboratory: The Movie (2019)/Trailer transcripts
- Directed by: Genndy Tartakovsky
- Produced by: Brian A. Miller
- Executive Producers: Genndy Tartakovsky, Sherry Gunther, Larry Huber
- Screenplay by: John McIntyre, Paul Rudish, Don Shank, Lauren Faust
- Story by: Donna Castricone, Amy Keating Rogers
- Based on Dexter's Laboratory by: Genndy Tartakovsky
- Starring: Candi Milo, Kat Cressida, Kath Soucie, Jeff Bennett, Eddie Deezen, Kimberly Brooks, Kath Soucie, Frank Welker, with Hugh Laurie, James Adomian, Michael J. Fox, Courtney Thorne-Smith and Richard Kind
- Music by: James L. Venable
- Director of Photography: Craig McCracken, Charlie Bean
- Production Designer: Lou Romano
- Edited by: Rob Desales
- A Warner Bros. Animation and Universal Pictures Presentation
- A Cartoon Network Production