Connor Samuel John Ball is the deuteragonist of The Secondary School Choir. He is 15-years-old in Year 9 and sings Tenor.
He is shown to have short messy black/dark brown hair moved to the right, blue eyes and pale skin with freckles. He wears a grey shirt with black sleeves, black jeans shown with a belt and black shoes. He stands on 5 ft. 7 and is of average weight. In 'Takedown,' 'Bad Luck' and 'The School Games,' he wears a blue and white football uniform, when he is playing and before being chosen to participate in the school games, he wears his everyday jeans. In 'Merry Christmas' and 'Reindeer,' he wears the same outfit but he also wears a red coat. In 'New Year,' he wears a highland dress to resemble his birthplace, Scotland. In 'Totally New Hope Choir,' he wears a blue flannel shirt over a white shirt, black jeans and white converse-like shoes. In 'The Award,' he wears a blue rolled sleeved denim jacket over a white shirt(which is not tucked in), blue jeans and his everyday shoes. In 'Not So Summer,' he wears a black hooded jacket over his everyday shirt along with his everyday jeans and shoes.
Connor doesn't have as much personality in the original The Secondary School Choir. However, starting from Out Of Nowhere, he is starting to show more character. He can get shocked easily as shown in 'Zero Effect' when he is about to turn 5 in the 15th of March stating that he was born on the 15th of March 2004. He is also shown to be hopeful stating that he hopes to defeat the Liverpool team in 'Bad Luck.' He is also smart. Connor also shows appreciation to his friends as shown in 'Boy Bands.' He also tends to be curious like most of the choir as shown in 'My Better Half.' He also gets bored easily like Blake in 'Right On The Job.' In 'New Year,' he stated that he looks ridiculous in a kilt, it is like how boys think they look ridiculous in skirts or dresses. Like many teenagers, he tends to get teenage mood swings.
His first name, Connor is an Irish male given name, anglicised from the compound Irish word "Conchobhar", meaning "Lover of wolves” or “Lover of hounds”. Its popularity likely derived from the name of Conchobar mac Nessa, a semi-legendary king of Ulster in Dál Riata described in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology.
His middle name, Samuel is a male given name and a surname of Hebrew origin meaning either "name of God" or "God heard" (שם האלוהים Shem HaElohim) (שמע אלוהים Sh'ma Elohim). Samuel was the last of the ruling judges in the Old Testament. He anointed Saul to be the first King of Israel and later anointed David.
His other middle name, John is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name John is: Jehovah has been gracious; has shown favour. In the bible John the Baptist baptised Christ in the Jordan river. Variants have been created in almost every language.
His last name, Ball is named after his actor's last name.
Connor is a tenor in the choir. He is also good at rapping even though in 'Double Trouble,' Calum said that he sounds like he is rapping in Gaelic.
- Connor is right-handed as shown when he holds his chopsticks or pencil
- Even though Connor was raised in Birmingham, he still speaks in a Scottish accent
- Connor is of Scottish descent
- The jersey all of the students of St.John Secondary School wear in 'Takedown,' 'Bad Luck' and 'The School Games' has a colour scheme that closely resembles deceased British football player, Jeff Astle
- In 'The Briefcase,' Connor has a fear of balloons
- In 'The Award,' he can't pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
- Connor is the 6th youngest in the choir
- He is about 1 year, 7 months and 2 days younger than Reece
- He is about 1 year, 5 months and 13 days younger than Blake
- He is about 2 years 1 month and 18 days younger than Harvey
- James was born on the 30th of April 2002 so Connor is about 1 year, 10 months and 15 days younger than him
- Tristan was born on the 15th of August 2002 so Connor is about 1 years and 7 months younger than him
- Luke was born on the 16th of July 2002 so Connor is about 1 year, 7 months and 30 days younger than him
- Calum was born on the 25th of January 2002 so Connor is about 2 years, 1 month and 21 days younger than him
- Michael was born on the 20th of November 2001 so Connor is about 2 years 3 months and 25 days younger than him
- Ashton was born on the 7th of July 2001 so Connor is about 2 years 8 months and 8 days younger than him
- Shawn was born on the 8th of August 2002 so Connor is about 1 years 7 months 7 days younger than him
- He is about 2 months and 21 days older than Troy
- He is about 4 months and 13 days older than Brad
- Robert was born on the 1st of December 2003 so Connor is about 3 months and 14 days younger than him
- He is about 1 year, 11 months and 12 days older than Zoe
- He is about 11 months and 25 days older than George
- He is about 3 years, 1 month and 23 days older than Aiden
- Connor almost looked like English teacher, Mr. Rubie so it is possibly if he is cloned from Mr. Rubie when he was a teenager
- Connor is one of the 2 characters to have 2 middle names, the other being George
- Coincidentally, they were both eliminated from the school games in 'The School Games'