Collin the Speedy Boy is an American CGI-animated action-adventure-science fiction film based on the homonymous video game series, being directed by Mike Mitchell. It is produced by OMH Studios, Village Roadshow Pictures and Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, being released on January 10th, 2020.
Collin has been protecting Magnum City for a while as everything has been calm until he realizes that he is now in a predicament where he has barely anything to do and heads out of Magnum City to find something new to do. Things go downhill when Bryte has prepared to conquer Magnum City as well as the rest of Arcasia.
- KJ Apa as Collin Brady/Collin the Speedy Boy, TBD
- Fred Armisen as Tommy the Opossum, TBD
- Michael Peña as Cooper Elledge/Cooper the Speedy Dog, TBD
- Sean Giambrone as Trent Wright, TBD
- Dylan O'Brien as Wesley Ledlow/WesDragon, TBD
- Sofia Carson as Evelynn Rodriguez/Macaw, TBD
- Kathryn Hahn as Bryte, TBD
- Ed Helms as Eli, TBD
- John Mulaney as Fang, TBD
- Billy Eichner as Flappy McFlighster, TBD
- Woody Harrelson as Voodoo, TBD
- Andy Samberg as Goof, TBD
- Idris Elba as Handy, TBD
- TBD as Lickety Spit, TBD
The film was released in theaters on January 10th, 2020 while competing with Underwater, Like a Boss, Inherit the Viper, The Sonata, and The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson.
The film had its Amazon and iTunes release on March 24th, 2020, with its DVD and Blu-Ray release on April 7th, 2020, with special features showing behind-the-scenes and deleted scenes.
On January 17th, 2020, Mike Mitchell tweeted that he entered into talks with Oscar Hamilton, Tadaki Fujiyama and Warner Bros. to develop a sequel for the Collin the Speedy Boy film and TBD.
The film received generally positive reviews from critics, viewers, and fans of the Collin the Speedy Boy series. On CinemaScore, it was given a "TBD" Cinemascore. It also had an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, a ??/100 on Metacritic, and an ?.?/10 on IMDb.
The film is rated PG for action, suggestive humor, and brief mild language.
- Oscar revealed he envisioned the film as to be set in medias res rather than a continuity reboot since he everyone already knows Collin's origins and he wanted to come over with an original plot rather than readapting the events that led into the story.