This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
|“||What are you staring at, Goddess of Love? Am I not beautiful, as you are? Say I am beautiful. Say I am worthy.||„|
The Cheetah is a fictional supervillain appearing in DC Comics publications and related media, commonly as the archenemy of the superhero Wonder Woman. She was created by William Moulton Marston as an allegory of the folly of abnormal emotions such as jealousy, as well as to be another embodiment of what he called "less actively developed women" (emotionally misaligned) who needed emotional reform by a love leader (Wonder Woman). The Cheetah originally appeared in Wonder Woman #6 (cover-dated: autumn 1943). She has been described as "one of Wonder Woman's most iconic enemies."
There have been four different incarnations of the Cheetah since the character's debut: Priscilla Rich (the Golden and Silver Age Cheetah), Deborah Domaine(the Bronze Age Cheetah), Barbara Ann Minerva (the Post-Crisis and current Cheetah), and Sebastian Ballesteros (a male usurper who briefly assumed the role in 2001). In 2009, The Cheetah was ranked as IGN's 69th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.
The Barbara Ann Minerva version of the character made her live-action debut in the 2020 DC Extended Universe film Wonder Woman 1984, portrayed by Kristen Wiig.
Appearances in Idea Wiki
- The Barbara Ann Minerva version of the Cheetah appears as an antagonist in the Justice League/Teen Titans Animated Universe, voiced by Nika Futterman.
- The Barbara Ann Minerva version of the Cheetah appears in Iago PUC's second version of Idea Wiki's DC Animated Film Universe, voiced by Kimberly Brooks.
- She has a non-speaking role in Justice League: Battle for the Multiverse. She is first seen alongside Giganta, on which they were defeated by Terra and her team in Cale Pharmaceuticals. She was later among the villains brainwashed by Brainiac as his spawns until she was defeated and freed from his control.
- She later appears with speaking roles in Justice League Dark: Mortal Kombat. This time, Cheetah is a member of the Suicide Squad led by Bane. She and the Squad are sent by their new, mysterious client (later revealed to be fallen Apokoliptian god Virman Vundabar) to collect the last Dreamstone shard, the source of the Black Knight's power. Taking part of the deadly tournament hosted by the Black Knight, Cheetah is shown decimating many of the ninjas and Outworld hellspawns who get in her way before she challenges Princess Kitana, who brutally defeats Cheetah by severing her right arm and tail, forcing Cheetah to yield out of fear of earning a rather gruesome, painful death. She is later shown being taken back to Belle Reve prison by Batwoman and Sonya Blade.
- Returning in Wonder Woman: Tales of Sisterhood, Cheetah is shown having replaced her lost limbs for a bionic right arm and robotic tail.
- Cheetah appears in Marvel/DC Heroes Unite!, voiced by Nika Futterman. She serves as a boss in the game's story, on which player defeats her in Themyscira.