Cheap Thrills is a 2025 American 3D computer-animated comedy-adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. Directed by Brian Levant, the film stars the voices of Chris Pratt, Bobby Moynihan, Will Smith, Dan Aykroyd, Kevin Kline, Zoe Saldana, Patrick Warburton, and Anthony Mackie. The film follows four birds named Carl (a rooster), Eddie (an ostrich), Emperor (an emperor penguin), and Professor Beaks (a dodo), who all want to fly but can't, so they invent flying machines that they call "cheap thrills" in order to do so. The film was released on May 9, 2025. It grossed over $447 million worldwide and received positive reviews from critics.
The film tells the story of four birds named Carl, Eddie, Emperor, and Professor Beaks, who all wish to fly, and build flying machines they call "cheap thrills" in order to do so. But their plans for flying are quickly halted when an evil professor named John H. Black steps into annihilate them once and for all.
- Chris Pratt as Carl, an incompetent rooster who wishes to fly.
- Miles Bakshi as a younger Carl.
- Bobby Moynihan as Eddie, a wisecracking ostrich and Carl's longtime best friend.
- Owen Vaccarro as a younger Eddie.
- Will Smith as Emperor, an emperor penguin and a demolitions expert who serves as the explosives man to Carl and Eddie.
- Jace Norman as a younger Emperor.
- Dan Aykroyd as Professor Beaks, an intelligent dodo bird who is believed to be the last of his kind.
- Tex Hammond as a younger Professor Beaks.
- Kevin Kline as Old Wiser, an elderly wolf who serves as the wiseman to Undersville, the city where the four birds live.
- Zoe Saldana as Katie, a winged weasel and Old Wiser's apprentice.
- Patrick Warburton as Simpleton a dimwitted rat.
- Anthony Mackie as Professor John H. Black, a professor from Undersville University who serves as the antagonistic rival to the four birds.
- Bill Murray as Hunter Hay, a big-butt donkey who is a regular singer in Undersville.
- Charles Kimborough, Michael Fassbender, and Alan Tudyk as Ray, Will, and Earl, the trio of wolves, respectively.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal as Brooke, a stripper peacock and Carl's girlfriend.
- Gabriel Iglesias as Darrell Wood, an overweight crow and one of Carl's friends.
- Donald Glover as Jefferson Bird, a sarcastic stork and one of Carl's friends.
- Barry Bostwick as Sean Mulchard, the mayor of Undersville.