This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
|“||Today we are all the Black Panther! And today we will fight as one! For Wakanda!||„|
|~ Black Panther|
Black Panther is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by writer-editor Stan Lee and writer-artist Jack Kirby, first appearing in Fantastic Four #52 (cover-dated July 1966) in the Silver Age of Comic Books. Black Panther's real name is T'Challa, and he is depicted as the king and protector of the fictional African nation of Wakanda. Along with possessing enhanced abilities achieved through ancient Wakandan rituals of drinking the essence of the heart-shaped herb, T'Challa also relies on his proficiency in science, rigorous physical training, hand-to-hand combat skills, and access to wealth and advanced Wakandan technology to combat his enemies.
Black Panther is the first superhero of African descent in mainstream American comics, having debuted years before early black superheroes such as Marvel Comics' the Falcon (1969), Luke Cage (1972), and Blade (1973) or DC Comics' John Stewart in the role of Green Lantern (1971). In one comic book storyline, the Black Panther mantle is handled by Kasper Cole, a multiracial New York City police officer. Beginning as an impersonator, Cole would later take on the moniker of White Tiger and become an ally to T'Challa. The role of Black Panther and leadership of Wakanda was also given to T'Challa's sister Shuri for a short time.
Black Panther has made numerous appearances in various television shows, animated films and video games. Chadwick Boseman portrayed the character in Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's films: Captain America: Civil War (2016), Black Panther (2018), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019), and voiced the character in the first season of the animated series What If...? (2021).
In 2011, Black Panther was ranked 51st overall on IGN's "Top 100 Comic Books Heroes" list.
Appearances in Idea Wiki
- Black Panther is a supporting character in Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion, voiced by James C. Mathis III. He appears prominently in "City of Heroes, part 3: American Cats", where he teams up with Peter Parker / Spider-Man and his friends on apprehending Vulture, who carries information about Killmonger and his plans with the Shadow Council. By the end of the episode, T'Challa is the one who upgrades Peter's Spider-Man suit with Vibranium nanotech, giving it a new look.
- He is also in the show's follow-up TV special film A Marvel Christmas Carol, but with no dialogues.
- Black Panther appears as a main character in Marvel: All New, All Different Chronicles, voiced by James C. Mathis III. He is one of the six founding members of the Avengers, alongside Captain America, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk, and is a benefactor of the Baxter Institute.
- Black Panther appears in Marvel's The Avenging Spider-Man, voiced by James C. Mathis III. He is the core playable character in the DLC story Wakanda Forever!, which is set in the middle of the game's main story.
- Black Panther appears in Avengers: Agents of the Infinity, voiced by Khary Payton.
- A version of Black Panther appears in Marvel's Red Falcon.