This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
|“||I'm not a hero. I'm a thief. Born a thief. Raised a thief. Will die a thief.||„|
|~ Black Cat|
Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Throughout her history, Black Cat has sometimes been an enemy, love interest, and ally of the superhero Spider-Man. Created by writer Marv Wolfman and artist Dave Cockrum, she first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #194 (July 1979).
Felicia Hardy is the daughter of Walter Hardy, a world-renowned cat burglar. After suffering a traumatic experience as a college freshman, she trained herself in various fighting styles and acrobatics and, after deciding to follow in her father's footsteps, adopted the costumed identity of the Black Cat. She has the subconscious ability to affect probability fields, producing "bad luck" for her enemies. The character was originally depicted as a supervillain and adversary of Spider-Man, but over time the two fell in love, which motivated her into becoming both an antiheroine, and his partner. However, their relationship grew complicated after it became apparent that Black Cat was only attracted to the alter ego of Spider-Man and had little interest in the hero's civilian life as Peter Parker. After their break-up, Black Cat maintained her role as one of Spider-Man's most trusted allies and for years the pair shared an on-again, off-again romance before she eventually lapsed back into her criminal ways (much to Spider-Man's dismay and annoyance).
Being a part of his supporting cast and one of his principal love interests, Black Cat has been featured in many media adaptations related to Spider-Man, including animated series and video games. Felicity Jones played Felicia Hardy in the 2014 film, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. IGN ranked her as Spider-Man's 24th greatest enemy.
Appearances in Idea Wiki
- Kristen Stewart portrays Felicia Hardy / Black Cat as a main character in Marvel's The Thunderbolts. One of Spider-Man's recent partners in crime-fighting, she is also one Phil Coulson's recruits for his Thunderbolt Project.
- Black Cat is a main character in Avengers Unleashed, voiced by Ashly Burch.
- Felicia Hardy appears as a supporting character in Marvel: All New, All Different Chronicles, voiced by Ashly Burch. One of Peter Parker's friends and keepers of his secret as Spider-Man, this version operates as the superheroine Golden Jaguar, and is a 16-year-old young Inhuman with enhanced physical strength and speed, expert Martial arts skills and the ability to shapeshift into a pantanal jaguar with the ability to absorb and redirect energy into concussive blasts which she can fire from her mouth. She also wields a pair of wrist blades during hand-to-hand confrontations. She lives with her mother in a house at Attilan, and occasionally visits the Glorian's palace in Pegasus Z to attend to his art lessons. Felicia is also a close friend to the rest of the New Champions, S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy trainees (particularly Sally Avril / Snow Leopard) and Guardians of the Galaxy, and a occasional protegee of the Avengers. She also has very soft interactions with Kitty Pryde / Shadowcat, with whom she is revealed in the show's spin-off All New, All Different Mutants to be romantically related.
- A version of Felicia Hardy (renamed Felicia Parker-Reilly) appears in The Amazing Avengers. This version is Peter Parker's cousin, Mary Jane Watson's best friend, and a zoologist who specializes in wild cats. Shortly after her parents Ben and May died in a hospital which was destroyed by a riot which Crimson Spider was too late to stop, Felicia and Peter parted ways until they overcame their grief. In her trip to Africa, Felicia gained enhanced strength by ingesting the heart-shaped herb, an African plant powered by Vibranium, becoming her country's own "Black Panther". Shortly after the Avengers were banded together following Thanos' defeat, Felicia started a relationship with Mary Jane's brother Theodore Altman and, two months after Peter and Mary Jane's wedding, married him and had a daughter named Felicity.
- Black Cat appears in Marvel's The Avenging Spider-Man, voiced again by Erica Lindbeck. She serves as a playable character in the DLC chapter "Cold Claws", on which she (alongside Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier and Frank Castle / Punisher) is assigned by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill to infiltrate a Hydra facility of Siberia to obtain files about Red Skull's plans, which leads the trio to conflict with Hammerhead.
- Black Cat appears as a DLC playable character in Marvel/DC Heroes Unite!, voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Black Cat is a supporting character in The Spiderverse, voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Black Cat is a main character in Marvel's Dark City, a comic book spinoff of the 2018 Marvel's Spider-Man video game. Her arc centers on Black Cat (having reformed from her role as cat-burglar) adjusting for her new career as a heroine and her recent romance with Alana Jobson / Jackpot.
- Black Cat appears in Spider-Man: Web of Intrigue, voiced by Alyson Stoner.
- Black Cat appears in Spider-Man: With Great Power.... voiced by Ashley Johnson.
- Black Cat appears as a main anti-hero in the Heroic Age Universe. She is portrayed by Madison Iseman.