Ben 10: The Movie is a 2019 American animated superhero science fiction film based on the American animated media franchise Ben 10. The film is directed by Man of Action in its directorial debut, alongside Brad Bird, Jay Oliva and Lauren Montgomery and it is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios. The film was released theatrically in movie theaters for the United States and Canada on April 26, 2019, by Warner Bros. Pictures. This makes it the first and only theatrical Ben 10 film to hit the big screen. The movie takes place in the universe of Ben 10: Omniverse and during the third season of Cartoon Network's 2016 reboot series Ben 10. In theaters, a We Baby Bare Bears short entitled Baby Bears Can't Swim was shown prior to the film.
The film stars Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Strong, Liam O'Brien, Ashley Johnson, Montserrat Hernandez, Greg Cipes, Paul Eiding, Adam Wylie, Jason Marsden, David McCallum, Bumper Robinson, Zendaya, Roger Craig Smith, Nicolas Cage, Kevin Conroy, George Newbern, Susan Eisenberg, Josh Keaton, Khary Payton, Rob Lowe and Wil Wheaton.
The film received positive reviews from critics and was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $146 million worldwide against a $23 million budget, making it the next Cartoon Network animated film to gross as high as $100 million in the United States, and also beating out The Rugrats Movie's record for highest-grossing 2D-animated film of all time and the highest-ever grossing film based on an animated television series.
The movie is about Ben Tennyson, a superhero teenage boy who uses the Omnitrix, the omnitrix is the most powerful weapon in the universe that he can use it to become different alien species from other planets, but something in bellwood is going to change, a bunch of new superheroes are here to take ben's popularity, but a few months later, some ruby fall from the sky at Alaska, a guy named Chester Washington, a special scientist who found the ruby, he took the ruby to his lab and trying to discover info about the ruby, but the ruby created a big explosion full of red energy, chester's lab and his home was destroyed, and sense that explosion, Vilgax, one of ben's evil enemies, found chester's dead body and the ruby, and took them to his spaceship to repair chester's body, after vilgax got done repairing chester, vilgax puts the ruby on chester's chest, and became infinite power, vilgax called chester Infinite, because he has infinite power in the ruby, so infinite is going to find ben and destroy the omnitrix, But back at bellwood, Ben's Omnitrix is acting strange, so grandpa max is fixing the omnitrix but the fixing did not work, and ben went to azmuth's planet to fix the omnitrix, but it did not work either, the omnitrix is having a infinite malfunction, that means ben's omnitrix can make Ben turn to infinite amount of aliens without touching it, and making ben go to different dimensions and universes, so ben and his friends is now going on an adventure to find the guy who is responsible for this and see how to fix this, but ben is going to be bringing his past and dimension selfs on his adventure.
- Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
- Tara Strong as Young Ben Tennyson
- Liam O'Brien as Chester Washington/Infinite
- Ashley Johnson as Gwen Tennyson
- Montserrat Hernandez as Young Gwen Tennyson
- Greg Cipes as Kevin Levin
- Paul Eiding as Max Tennyson/Grandpa Max
- Adam Wylie as Max Tennyson (10 Years Earlier)
- Jason Marsden as Max Tennyson (17 Years Earlier)
- David McCallum as Professor Paradox
- Bumper Robinson as Rook Blonko
- Zendaya as Kai Green
- Roger Craig Smith as Ben 10,000
- Nicolas Cage as Adult Ben Tennyson
- Kevin Conroy as Batman
- George Newbern as Superman
- Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman
- Josh Keaton as Green Lantern
- Khary Payton as Cyborg
- Rob Lowe as Aquaman
- Wil Wheaton as Flash
- Grey Matter
- Four Arms
- Eye Guy
- Way Big
- Echo Echo
- Big Chill
- Alien X
- The Ruby
- Phantom Ruby War
- Enter Chester Washington
- Crash Landed
- Chester's Lab
- Information of The Ruby
- Vilgax In Alaska
- Vilgax Found Chester
- Fixing Chester
- The New Chester
- I'm Infinite Power
- Enter Infinite
- Welcome To Bellwood
- My Name Is Ben Tennyson
- Ben 10 To The Rescue
- Smoothie Break
- Old Friends Returns
- I Miss You Guys
- Hero Time
- Your My Hero
- The Ben 10 Convention
- Road Trip
- Best Day Ever
- I'm The Only Hero In Bellwood
- Aliens Are Awesome
- We Have Each Other
- Bad Guys Never Gives Up
- More Danger Ahead
- Attack Of Robo-Mongrel
- Garbage Robots
- New Aliens
- Ben Vs Robo-Mongrel
- Boom Time!
- Big Bag Of Bolts
- Dimension 95
- Unknown Alien
- Unknown Alien Vs Robots
- The Secret Base
- Sneaking In
- A Rocket?
- What Are You Up To Now?
- Data Files
- Deactivate Rocket
- Escape The Base
- Water Chase
- Luke Lewis?
- Infinite's Destruction
- I Get Powerful Every Second
- Reality & illusion
- Phantom Blast
- Pathetic Aliens
- Time For Payback
- Galvans Vs Infinite
- Too Strong
- Maximum Ruby
- Infinite's New Powee
- I'm Coming For You Earth
- New Bad Guys
- New Superheroes
- Who Are You Guys?
- Ben's Break
- What's Up With The Omnitrix?
- Undercover Rescue
- Going Gray Matter
- Fight Together
- Mission Accomplished
- I'm Not The Hero
- Night Time
- Infinite In Bellwood
- Zero & Red Archer
- Infinite Vs Zero & Red Archer
- Virtual Reality
- Worst Day Ever
- Cheer You Up
- Heroes Destroying Bellwood
- Heroes Vs Ben
- What's Happening?
- Phantom Ruby Prototypes
- My Ultimate Masterpiece
- A Hero Falls
- We Don't Have Time For This
- What Was That?
- Fixing The Omnitrix
- Planet Galvan
- Reality Malfunction
- Dimensions And Universes
- Who Is Responsible For This?
- Infinite's Team
- The World Is Mine
- Lets Go!
- Infinite Returns
- The Void
- White Void
- Four Bens
- It's You Guys
- Ben Fight
- The Next Dimension
- The Abandoned Research Facility
- Ben Meets The Justice League
- Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster (First Trailer)
- Daft Punk - One More Time (Second Trailer)
- Daft Punk - Robot Rock (Third Trailer)
- Daft Punk - Face To Face (Fourth Trailer)
- Daft Punk - Digital Love (Fifth Trailer)
- Daft Punk - Contact (Final Trailer)
- White Comic - This Ain't The End Of Me (Ending Credits Music)
- The Vaccines - Ghost Town (Opening Music)
- Maroon 5 - Harder to Breate
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock
- Pharrell Williams - Happy
- Green Day - Ben 10 Theme (Rock Version)
- In the mid-credits scene of the movie, Young Ben was doing some hero work until some guys saved them. It was The Justice League. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash saved Ben from getting defeated by the bad guys, Ben introduce himself to the Justice League, and they introduce to Ben. Since Ben got done talking to the Justice League, Superman wants Ben to join the Justice League, and it starts the scrolling credits.
Animation, Comedy, Adventure Film, Action Film, Family Film, Fantasy, Drama, Science Fiction, Superhero Film
On June 25, 2018, it was announced that there will be a Ben 10 animated feature being developed at Warner Bros. and its release date of April 26, 2019 was also announced, with the Ben 10 franchise's cast members reprising their roles. Cartoon Network Studios will also be involved with production. Man of Action, who created the Ben 10 franchise, is directing the film, alongside Brad Bird, Jay Oliva and Lauren Montgomery and Sam Register, Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Brian A. Miller, Allison Abbate and Donna Smith are going to be producing the film. A month later, the film's title and teaser poster debuted, and it was announced that Liam O'Brien and Adam Wylie had joined the cast. The film marks the twelfth time a theatrical Cartoon Network film is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, instead of Warner Animation Group since the group's formation in 2013.
On December 10, 2018, it was announced that musician David McCallum and singer Zendaya were part of the cast, as Professor Paradox and Kai Green, respectively, with Jason Marsden and Roger Craig Smith revealed as Max Tennyson (17 Years Earlier) and Ben 10,000 the same day. Nicolas Cage and Rob Lowe were announced to voice Adult Ben Tennyson and Aquaman in the film and Khary Payton and Wil Wheaton were also announced to reprise their roles as Cyborg and the Flash in the film.
Warner Bros. Animation had already begun the process of starting development of movies with budgets of around $100 million. The intellectual property for these films was meant to be supplied by Warner Bros. Animation, Hanna-Barbera (Warner Bros. Animation's in-name only division), Cartoon Network and Turner Entertainment (also both Time-Warner divisions) among others and included The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, Cow and Chicken, and more, of course, Codename: Kids Next Door. Cartoon Network had been approaching the original crew from the television series to make a high-profile, animated theatrical feature-length film adaptation and had long wanted to partner with Warner Bros. Pictures to release a Ben 10 film given the network's extraordinary legacy in the world of animation, including some of the most enduring characters on cable television history.
Creator Man of Action agreed to make a feature film version of the show with the promise it would be the first of a planned trilogy. During development stages of the film, the writer collective, alongside Brad Bird, Jay Oliva and Lauren Montgomery and their producers Sam Register, Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, Brian A. Miller, Allison Abbate and Donna Smith intended to revisit some of the greatest films of the time, with Scarface and The Dark Knight having the core inspirations for the film.
Ben 10: The Movie is Rated PG for Parental Guidance.
The film was released theatrically in movie theaters for the United States and Canada on April 26, 2019, by Warner Bros. Pictures, on the same year as Cartoon Network's previous film OK K.O.! Let's Save the Universe. The film was presented in a 1.85:1 format, rather than Warner Animation Group's standard 2.39:1 format on its previous titles. The film's theatrical release was preceded by Baby Bears Can't Swim, a short film serving as a sneak peek to We Baby Bare Bears, a forthcoming spin-off series of Cartoon Network's animated television series We Bare Bears.
The film was released on Digital HD on July 9, 2019, and on Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K-Ultra HD on July 30, 2019, by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. It contains the deleted scenes, a We Baby Bare Bears short film Baby Bears Can't Swim, the three mini-movies: Ben & The Justice League, Ben's Next Generation and Infinite's Beginning, the 18-minute featurette, the behind-the-scenes look at BEN 10: The Movie, featuring interviews with most of the principal cast and crew, animatics, the pilot episode, the audio commentaries and the sneak peek of Codename: Kids Next Door - Operation: R.E.V.E.N.G.E.
Ben 10: The Movie has grossed $60 million in the United States and Canada, and $86 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $146 million, against a production budget of $23 million.
In the United States and Canada, Ben 10: The Movie was released alongside Avengers: Endgame, and was initially projected to gross around $27 million from 4,215 theaters in its opening weekend, with a chance to gross over $100 million. Therefore, Ben 10: The Movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $146 million worldwide, making it the next Cartoon Network animated film to gross as high as $100 million in the United States, and also beating out The Rugrats Movie's record for highest-grossing hand-drawn animated film of all time and the highest-ever grossing film based on an animated television series.
Review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a 90% approval rating based on an Audience Score of 80% and its average rating is 7.5/10 based on the 7,5 45,456 votes on IMDb. The critical consensus reads, "Amazing characters for a superhero movie so cinematic; loads of action and fun for kids and adults." Metacritic, assigns the film a score of 70 out of 100, based on 23 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews". CinemaScore gives the film a "A" on its A+ to F scale.
- Main article: Ben 10: The Movie/Gallery
- This is the first ever feature film of the series.
- This is the first animated Ben 10 movie to hit theaters.
- The movie is Rated PG.
- This was one of the successful films of 2019.
- Amy Wolfram, otherwise known for Teen Titans Go!, was credited as a writer on the movie.
- This is Cartoon Network's sixth original program to get a theatrical release, after "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" released 17 years prior, ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars'' released 11 years prior, ''The Lego Ninjago Movie" released 2 years prior and ''Teen Titans Go! To the Movies'' and ''Adventure Time: The Kingdom of Ooo'' both released a year before.
- Although, Teen Titans Go! and Ninjago are only aired by CN, and they’re made by Warner Bros.
- This is the next theatrical 2D animated superhero movie in 26 years after Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) and this year after OK K.O.! Let's Save the Universe (2019).
- This marks as Warner Bros.' next 2D animated theatrical film. Warner Bros. had its original feature animation division, which produced 2D animated films.
- Before the movie, a short film called "Baby Bears Can't Swim" serving as a sneak peek to We Baby Bare Bears, a forthcoming spin-off series of Cartoon Network's animated television series We Bare Bears was played.
- This is Warner Animation Group's next film to be produced at 1.85:1 and Warner Bros.' third animated film to be produced at 1.85:1 after The Ant Bully (2006), Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (2018) and Rise of the Powerpuff Girls (2018).
- This is Brad Bird's first Warner Bros. animated film to direct since ''The Iron Giant'' released 20 years prior.
- This is Warner Animation Group's twenty-seventh traditionally animated film.
- This is the fifth multiverse film in general after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television film Turtles Forever and Cartoon Network's previous film Adventure Time: The Kingdom of Ooo, the animated Spider-Man theatrical film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame released on the same day and followed by the Teen Titans Go! direct-to-video film Teen Titans Go! Vs. Teen Titans.
- This is the Justice League's first cameo appearance in Cartoon Network's theatrically released film.
- This is the first Cartoon Network film to be scored by Michael Giacchino.
- This is makes it the first time Young Ben Tennyson meets the Justice League in the Warner Bros. animated film.
- This movie is a reference to Sonic Forces.
- The film was animated by Sunmin Image Pictures, with additional CGI animation done at Blur Studio.
- The is the fourth theatrical Cartoon Network film to be a fully 2D animated film, after "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" released 17 years prior, ''Regular Show: The Movie'' released 4 years prior and "Tiny Toon Adventures: The Motion Picture" released 3 years prior, is done in hand-drawn animation mixed with CGI animation.
- Other previous animated and comic variations of Ben 10 made surprise appearances. These other variations that are seen are from the 2005 Ben 10 series, Ben 10: Alien Force, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, the 2016 Ben 10 reboot series, and even the Alternate Versions of the characters from Ben 10: Omniverse, the 2005 Ben 10 series and the 2016 Ben 10 reboot series.
- This is Adam Wylie's first Warner Bros. animated film to be released theatrically since "The King and I" released 20 years prior.
- This is Alan Burnett's first non-DC animated film since Disney's 1990 animated film, DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp.
- This is the second Warner Bros. animated superhero themed movie of 2019. The first had been "OK K.O.! Let's Save the Universe" released this year.
- This is Warner Bros.' first animated film to be scored by Michael Giacchino.
- This is Warner Bros.' twenty-seventh traditionally animated film to be released theatrically, after ''Clifford's Really Big Movie'' released 15 years prior.
- This is the ninteenth theatrical Warner Bros. film to rely solely on hand-drawn animation mixed with CGI animation instead of Flash animation.
- Main article: Ben 10: The Movie/Transcript
- Main article: Ben 10: The Movie/Trailer transcripts
- Main article: Ben 10: The Movie/Credits