Barney is the American dub of said show. It was dubbed at Wildtracks Audio Studios Ltd in 1989 and broadcasted on Nickelodeon (also in their Nick Jr. block) in the United States and YTV in Canada as part of their short lineups. In 1992, Nickelodeon moved the series to the main program lineup and turned it into a half hour series, similar to what would later be done with Bob the Builder.
- William Dufris as The Narrator
- Alan Marriott as Barney the Dog
- Rob Paulsen as Desmond
- Rob Rackstraw as Roger
- Lorelei King as Francine
- While Nickelodeon used the half hour version for time purposes, YTV continued to air the dub with the original version of the show. This means 4 stories were paired to fit a half hour slot.
- Shorts are added in between each episode; those shorts are animated at Pegbar Productions S.A.
- In Barney's TV Act, extra scenes are added when Barney attempts to perform on camera, but before Roger manages to do his act.
- Warner Home Video (1989-1993)
- Sony Wonder (1993-1996)
- Paramount (1996-2007)