Avengers is an American animated television series by Marvel Animation in cooperation with Film Roman, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers. The show debuted on Disney XD and online in the fall of 2020.
The series initially features a team based on the roster for the original Avengers, composed of Iron Man, Giant-Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Wasp. The team is later joined by Spider-Man, Ms.Marvel, and Nova. In terms of overall tone and style, the series is based principally on the original stories by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The series also uses material from all eras of the comic's run as well as other sources, such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The series features the adventures of The Avengers as they fight various supervillains and other threats to Earth.
- Captain America: Vowing to serve his country any way he could, young Steve Rogers took the super soldier serum to become America's one-man army. Fighting for the red, white and blue for over 60 years, Captain America is the living, breathing symbol of freedom and liberty. voiced by Roger Craig Smith.
- Iron Man: Wounded, captured and forced to build a weapon by his enemies, billionaire industrialist Tony Stark instead created an advanced suit of armor to save his life and escape captivity. Now with a new outlook on life, Tony uses his money and intelligence to make the world a safer, better place as Iron Man. voiced by Mick Wingert.
- Thor: As the Norse God of thunder and lightning, Thor wields one of the greatest weapons ever made, the enchanted hammer Mjolnir. While others have described Thor as an over-muscled, oafish imbecile, he's quite smart and compassionate. He's self-assured, and he would never, ever stop fighting for a worthwhile cause. voiced by Travis Willingham
- Hulk: Caught in a gamma bomb explosion while trying to save the life of a teenager, Dr. Bruce Banner was transformed into the incredibly powerful creature called the Hulk. An all too often misunderstood hero, the angrier the Hulk gets, the stronger the Hulk gets. voiced by Fred Tatasciore.
- Giant-Man: Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym was a brilliant scientist who discovered "Pym Particles", subatomic particles that allowed the user to shrink to the size of an ant. Using the Pym Particles in conjunction with a cybernetic helmet he created to communicate with ants, he donned a newly designed protective suit and began using his new super powers as the first Ant-Man! voiced by Wally Wingert.
- Wasp: Janet Van Dyne was a daughter of a wealthy scientist named Vernon van Dyne . During an experiment, however, an alien monster was unleashed and Dr. van Dyne was killed. Her father's associate, Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym, had created a substance called "Pym Particles", which allowed the user to grow or shrink in size, and had become the superhero Ant-Man; when Janet's father died, she convinced Pym to help her, and he gave her a supply of "Pym Particles" and subjected her to a procedure which granted her the ability to, upon shrinking, grow wings and fire blasts of energy, which she called her "wasp's stings".voiced by Colleen O'Shaughnessey.
- Spider-Man: Bitten by a radioactive spider, high school student Peter Parker gained the speed, strength and powers of a spider. Adopting the name Spider-Man, Peter hoped to start a career using his new abilities. Taught that with great power comes great responsibility, Spidey has vowed to use his powers to help people. voiced by Robbie Daymond.
- Ms. Marvel: A Muslim-American teenager growing up in Jersey City, Kamala Khan gained shape-shifting powers when a strange Terrigen Mistdescended upon the city, awakening her Inhuman genes. A fan of Super Heroes, in particular Carol Danvers, Kamala took up Captain Marvel's former identity and became the new Ms. Marvel. This up and coming hero works to fight evil, protect her community, and create her own place in the world. voiced by Kathreen Khavari.
- Nova: Aspiring to follow in his father's footsteps to protect the galaxy, young Sam Alexander joined the Nova Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping force. The Nova Force grants him strength, speed, and the ability to fly, hence the nickname "The Human Rocket." voiced by Logan Miller.
Hawkeye: Raised as sharpshooting circus attraction, Clint Barton is an expert archer with near-perfect accuracy, keen eyesight, and exceptional reflexes. After witnessing Iron Man in action, Hawkeye was inspired to employ his archery skills in fighting crime as a costumed super hero. voiced by Troy Baker.
Black Panther: A powerful, cultured and noble monarch, T'Challa succeeded his father as king of the small, reclusive African nation Wakanda. T'Challa dons the ceremonial garb of the Black Panther, totem of the Wakandan people. As chieftain of the country's Panther Clan, he is the latest in a long line of warrior kings—steeped in tradition, tribalism and a deeply rooted sense of honor. voiced by James C. Mathis III.
Captain Marvel: When Air Force pilot Carol Danvers was caught in a Kree energy explosion, she gained powers of flight, super strength, and energy expulsion. As a protector of the galaxy and a valued member of the Avengers, she is oftentimes looked to as both a leader and an inspiration. voiced by Grey DeLisle.
Black Widow: Natasha Romanova, known by many aliases, is an expert spy, athlete, and assassin. Trained at a young age by the KGB's infamous Red Room Academy, the Black Widow was formerly an enemy to the Avengers. She later became their ally after breaking free of the U.S.S.R.'s grasp, and also served as a top S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. voiced by Laura Bailey.
Vision: The metal monstrosity called Ultron created the synthetic humanoid known as the Vision from the remains of the original android Human Torch of the 1940s to serve as a vehicle of vengeance against the Avengers. voiced by David Kaye.
Guardians of the Galaxy: a group of intergalactic heroes known to protect the universe from evil and other cosmic threats.
Winter Guard: a group of Russian superheroes under the Central Command of Russia.
S.H.I.E.L.D: a top-secret military espionage agency. Under Nick Fury's leadership, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s primary function is to keeping an eye on super-powered threats.
Inhumans: a race of super powered beings who live in isolation and do not trust humans.
Fantastic Four: a team of adventurers and super-heroes based in New York.
- Red Skull
- Blood Brothers
- Wrecking Crew
- Doctor Doom
- Squadron Supreme
- Space Phantoms
- Midgard Serpent
- Absorbing Man
- Circus of Crime
- Black Order
- Masters of Evil
- Kang the Conqueror
- Morgan Le Fay
- Kree Empire
- Arnim Zola
- Baron Zemo
- Growing Man
- Baron Strucker
- Baron Mordo
- Grim Reaper
- Kraven the Hunter
- Molecule Man
- Erik Killmonger
- Tiger Shark
- Madame Masque
- Princess Zanda
- Shadow Council