This article is a non-fanon page. Non-fanon means if it is not fanmade or it is also canon.
|“||My name is Scott Lang. I'm Ant-Man...yadda yadda yadda. You've heard it all before. Truth is, I've always been kind of a lousy super hero. And before that, I was a failed criminal, a convict, and a terrible husband. Not much of a resumé even if you do print it single-sided, I guess. But I got this little girl here--and I am going to do right by her. I am gonna be a good dad. I pull that off? I'm calling it a win.||„|
|~ Scott Lang / Ant-Man|
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by David Michelinie, Bob Layton and John Byrne, Scott Lang first appeared in The Avengers #181 (March 1979) and in Marvel Premiere #47 (April 1979) as the second superhero character to use the Ant-Man name in the Marvel Universe. He is a reformed thief and an electronics expert. He was a member of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and the Guardians of the Galaxy, the main character in the comic-book series FF and, in 2015, he became the title character in the series Ant-Man.
Scott Lang is an ex-convict and electronics expert hired by Stark International, which enables him to steal the Ant-Man suit from Hank Pym, who had long since given up the name, to help his sick daughter Cassie. When Pym finds out, he gives the suit to Lang, allowing him to become the second Ant-Man. As Ant-Man, he serves as an Avenger for years, until he is killed during the Avengers Disassembled storyline. Years later, he is resurrected in the Avengers: The Children's Crusade mini-series. Following his resurrection, Lang heads the Future Foundation and founds his own company, the Ant-Man Security Solutions.
Paul Rudd portrays Scott Lang in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Ant-Man (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016), Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
Appearances in Idea Wiki
- Scott Lang / Ant-Man appears as a supporting character in Marvel's Spider-Man: Webbed Champion, voiced by Josh Keaton. He is depicted as Gwen Stacy's uncle, and as Hope Van Dyne's husband. First mentioned in episodes "On the Tiger's Claws", "City of Heroes, Part 3: American Cats", "What Girls Are Made Of", and in "The Calm Before the Stormranger", Lang makes his official appearance in "Sons of Fathers", where he is pursuing Darren Cross / Yellowjacket, and working to stop him from stealing Pym Industries' technology for Oscorp and Hydra. Along the way, he earns help from his niece Gwen and her friends, who are at the time helping Peter Parker finish his parents' third project and reconnect with Stormranger (who was revealed to be Peter's sister Teresa Parker). They eventually succeed on their objectives after Carlie Cooper's father has his consciousness transferred into Arsenal, although Harry Osborn dies destroying the Oscorp outpost. Lang is latter seen with Hope and Cassie Lang comforting Gwen during Harry's funeral. He appears again in next episode "Seeds of Life", where he help and Wasp help the young heroes stop the Oscorp robots controlled by Madame Masque through Doctor Octopus. After Madame Masque is defeated and Norman Osborn is exposed as the Green Goblin and arrested, Ant-Man and Wasp are shown congratulating Spider-Man and his friends for their success.
- He also appears in the follow-up TV special movie A Marvel Christmas Carol, again voiced by Keaton.
- Scott Lang / Ant-Man appears in Marvel: All New, All Different Chronicles, voiced by Josh Keaton.
- Scott Lang / Ant-Man appears as a playable character in Marvel/DC Heroes Unite!, voiced again by Josh Keaton.
- Scott Lang appears in The Subatomic Ant-Man, voiced by TBD.