3-2-1 Penguins! is a computer-animated science fiction action adventure comedy directed by Tim Hodge, produced by DreamWorks Animation, Universal Animation, and Big Idea Entertainment, and distributed by Universal Pictures. It serves as a prequel to the 2000 animated series of the same name and features the voices of John Payne, Paul Dobson, Lee Tockar, Michael Donovan, Emilia Clarke, Andrew Garfield, Ben Kingsley, Karen Gillan and Michael Dorn.
Zidgel, Midgel, Fidgel and Kevin are four intergalactic penguins who recently joined the Federation League of Planets. They've been stuck working together for a while, but find it hard due to their clashing personalities. After nearly causing the destruction of a rare alien species, they find themselves demoted to training Sophia Conrad, the Federation's first human member. She is a promising rookie who feels out of place compared to her allies. However, what begins as a babysitting job soon escalates into something much more eventful when a fearsome dictator unleashes a plot to rule the entire universe. Will Sophia and the penguins gain each other's trust? And will it be enough to defeat a dangerous threat?
- John Payne as Zidgel
- Paul Dobson as Midgel
- Lee Tockar as Fidgel
- Michael Donovan as Kevin
- Emilia Clarke as Eleanor Conrad (young)
- Ben Kingsley as The King of Cronusious
- Karen Gillan as Sarah Hunter
- Michael Dorn as the President of the Federation League of Planets
- Garry Chalk as Sol
- Andrew Garfield as Angus Conrad (young)
- Tress MacNeille as Eleanor (old), Jason and Michelle Conrad
- The film takes place years before the events of the series.
- It is revealed that Jason's and Michelle's Grandmum, whose name is revealed to be Eleanor, joined the Penguins as a member of the Federation League of Planets.
- The film teaches a lesson in trustworthiness.
- Much like the series, the film takes inspiration from the Star Trek franchise. It is also slightly inspired by the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film.