96 Cheer Squad is a 2020 comedy-drama Netflix original movie.
A teenage girl in 1996 decided to join a cheerleading squad in Vermont to make her life change forever. She wants to know how she wanted to get her into tryouts in the annual homecoming game.
- Chiara Aurelia as Esther Bates, a teenage girl who wants to be a cheerleader.
- Mackenzie Foy as Courtney Bates, Esther's older sister who is currently a college freshman.
- Ryan Lee as Roger Bates, Esther's older brother who works at a fast food restaurant.
- Fairuza Balk as Delilah Bates, Esther's mother who is sweet-hearted and caring.
- Christian Kane as Ivan Bates, Esther's father who works as a doctor.
- Kassidy Slaughter as Lisette Jones, the head cheerleader who is very friendly towards Esther.
- JJ Battest as Jeffery Healy, Esther's classmate from art class who enjoys basketball.
- Soni Bringas as Alyssa Sanchez, a cheerleader who has ever joined the gardening club.
- Brady Tutton as Trevor Brown, Jeffery's best friend who is clumsy yet kind.
- Elsie Fisher as Piper Cavanaugh, a smart cheerleader who is into psychics and social studies.
- Laura Krystine as Heather Morrison, the ditzy cheerleader and Lisette's classmate from biology class.
- Alex Hook as January Phillips, a tomboyish cheerleader who is a daredevil.
- Rena Sofer as Bridget Peyton, the school's cheerleading coach.
- "How Bizarre" by OMC (opening scene)
- "Wannabe" by Spice Girls (during homecoming game where the girls cheer)
- "1979" by The Smashing Pumpkins
- "Stupid Girl" by Garbage
- "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey
- ""C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)" by Quad City DJ's (first homecoming dance song)
- "That Girl" by Maxi Priest featuring Shaggy (second homecoming dance song)
- "Because You Loved Me" by Céline Dion (where Esther and Jeffery kiss during the slow dance)
- "Just A Girl" by No Doubt
- "Name" by Goo Goo Dolls
- "Doin' It" by LL Cool J
- "Killing Me Softly" by Fugees (end credits theme)
- It will be distributed by Netflix.